NFL Draft?

F

Fillmoe

With the NFL draft approaching and me being a Niner fan who do you guys think the niners should pick?

i really hope they dont pick aaron rodgers because i think Rattay is not a bad QB........... i would rather have them pick a wide reciever or a cornerback...
maybe Braylon Edwards or Mike Williams as decent Wide Receivers. Antrel Rolle would be a good Cornerback. We really need to improve our offensive line, i hope we could get some good linemen in the later rounds......

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
In a perfect world they would trade down and pick up more picks. In most years with a clear #1 pick, the first pick would be worth two first rounders at the minimum (Minnesota or San Diego's two picks for example). This year, the Niners would have to give a sweetheart deal for the #1. Something more like trading down to the Bucs #5 (Tampa has worked out and is apparently interested in one or both quarterbacks, Smith and Rodgers) and picking up their second rounder. Even that isn't likely.

If the Niners stay where they are, they can't take a cornerback. Neither of the top two, Rolle or Jones, are worthy of the top pick overall.

I could handle them drafting Braylon Edwards and picking up a quarterback later (Campbell in the 2nd or Walter in the 3rd) but I have my doubts about Edwards too. He is big and strong with great hands, but his speed isn't fantastic. I have no doubt that he will be a good receiver, but I don't know if he will be great. Mike Williams is a talent, but I wonder about his desire and his commitment to staying in shape after getting a big contract. His weight has fluctuated by more than 20 lbs.

Quarterback is the most important position on the field and if the Niners feel that one of the two QBs can thrive in the West Coast offense, then I won't mind if they take one of them.

But in a perfect world, the Niners would trade down and then take Rolle or Derrick Johnson or even Shawn Merriman with an extra pick or two to help stabilize their secondary (FS) and offensive line (G).

Tough spot for Niners. Probably gonna take Rogers but I really like Alex Smith. Braylon Edwards is nice but there are a lot of good receivers in the draft. I would trade down if I could but its unlikely.

i'm praying to the football gods that a solid receiver goes to the bears at the #4 pick. other then moose, we have nobody :|