NFL 2022-2023 Season Thread

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Man, you can tell who actually watched Bucs games from how ardently they're boosting the prospect of the Niners signing Brady this summer. This was the first year that the guy truly looked his age. Missed easy throws right and left, didn't really have a good deep ball. Still randomly clutch in the 4th quarter. I'm not against bringing in Brady or anything but it feels like people are expecting prime 2009-2018 Tom Brady rather than the 46-year-old divorced dad who throws passes like he also needs TJS version that was in action in Tampa Bay this season.

I'm not saying Tom couldn't just flip a switch and magically turn back into the GOAT with this Niners roster but it's not as clear cut as everyone wants to think.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Both the teams I wanted to win lost today. Doubt I'll even watch the Super Bowl. Who cares at this point?
not me. I'm sure they'll craft a fine story about Reid and the Eagles. I dunno. I think I'll talk myself into the Eagles by game day but I'm not going to watch it unless company is good.

Referees definitely made sure they didn't risk the chance of a Josh Johnson superbowl there.

Oh well, it's not like the Niners lost due to the refs or the missed challenge. It was over the second Purdy was unable to continue. Just sucks knowing that they would have had a good shot because the Eagles didn't look good out there, especially on offense. Niners probably win by 10 if Purdy didn't get hurt but good on the Eagles for knocking him out on a clean play.

Has there ever been an easier road to the superbowl than going through Daniel Jones and Josh Johnson to get there?

Referees definitely made sure they didn't risk the chance of a Josh Johnson superbowl there.

Oh well, it's not like the Niners lost due to the refs or the missed challenge. It was over the second Purdy was unable to continue. Just sucks knowing that they would have had a good shot because the Eagles didn't look good out there, especially on offense. Niners probably win by 10 if Purdy didn't get hurt but good on the Eagles for knocking him out on a clean play.

Has there ever been an easier road to the superbowl than going through Daniel Jones and Josh Johnson to get there?
Yeah, didn't even really get mad at the refs for the sketchy calls, there was no point. The situation was pretty dire when Purdy physically couldn't throw the ball and that was a better offense than what Josh Johnson was doing out there.

I absolutely enjoyed watching Trent Williams suplex that little DB though when the Eagles started talking smack. The "fight" ended real quick after that haha

Yeah, didn't even really get mad at the refs for the sketchy calls, there was no point. The situation was pretty dire when Purdy physically couldn't throw the ball and that was a better offense than what Josh Johnson was doing out there.

I absolutely enjoyed watching Trent Williams suplex that little DB though when the Eagles started talking smack. The "fight" ended real quick after that haha
Yeah I wasn't as mad as I'd normally be either. Greenlaw reverted back to his early season dumb dumb self. Even transformed into Ken Norton Jr for a second there lol.

Yeah Trent Williams taking that guy to suplex city was the second best part of the game next to that CMC rush.

Yeah I wasn't as mad as I'd normally be either. Greenlaw reverted back to his early season dumb dumb self. Even transformed into Ken Norton Jr for a second there lol.

Yeah Trent Williams taking that guy to suplex city was the second best part of the game next to that CMC rush.
Really dawned on me why we don't see many brawls/bench clearings in football. Once the big boys get to the scrum, it's over lol

God I hope not. You have 2 rookie scale QB's on the roster; one of whom you invested a good chunk of the future in and the other who cost you nothing and showed all the promise in the world he can be an NFL starter. The 49ers don't really have a choice but to roll with them, especially with the Bosa extension lurking.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
God I hope not. You have 2 rookie scale QB's on the roster; one of whom you invested a good chunk of the future in and the other who cost you nothing and showed all the promise in the world he can be an NFL starter. The 49ers don't really have a choice but to roll with them, especially with the Bosa extension lurking.
Brady’s so romantic about playing for the Niners he’s coming in on a pay cut.

Dude was wandering around Levi’s for an hour with tears in his eyes last season, and now the door has been exploded open for him to end his story how he wanted to end it three seasons ago before the brain trust of John and Kyle said “Na, we like Jim better.”

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Broken ankle for Lance, broken foot for Garoppolo, and now a torn UCL for Purdy...

I just hope Shana-Lynch invest in upgrading the O-Line over the off-season. Some of this feels like bad luck but at the point where you lose your 4th QB of the season and have to put a guy with a shredded throwing arm back in just to finish a playoff game, I feel like the O-Line needs to bear some of the responsibility.

Broken ankle for Lance, broken foot for Garoppolo, and now a torn UCL for Purdy...

I just hope Shana-Lynch invest in upgrading the O-Line over the off-season. Some of this feels like bad luck but at the point where you lose your 4th QB of the season and have to put a guy with a shredded throwing arm back in just to finish a playoff game, I feel like the O-Line needs to bear some of the responsibility.
O Line should always be a top priority but I think people are just looking to place the blame on something. The Niners offensive line was in the top 1/3 according to PFF rankings. Not the best but definitely above average. Gave up the 6th least amount of sacks as well.

The QBs just had poor luck. The only person I really blame is Shanahan for Lance's injury because he kept continuing to call all those ineffective designed runs for him. Then again, that may have been a season saving injury as well with the way Jimmy G and Purdy led the team afterward.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Also Purdy still managing to throw two (short) passes despite his UCL being completely torn to shreds is incredibly impressive. Dude’s pain tolerance must be incredible/they must have shot him up with a ridiculous amount of pain killers at halftime.