NFL 2022-2023 Season Thread

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Although that’s the correct call and probably the right rule to have in place, I still think those types of plays are catches in the real world.
the non touchdown? it was on the ground when they finally showed a clear view.

Although we've seen 100% actual catches where guys take 4 steps with the ball and tuck the ball in their arms before going down get called back because the ball juggled on the ground, which is a dumb as hell interpretation.

the non touchdown? it was on the ground when they finally showed a clear view.

Although we've seen 100% actual catches where guys take 4 steps with the ball and tuck the ball in their arms before going down get called back because the ball juggled on the ground, which is a dumb as hell interpretation.
Yeh I get why they have those rules in place because it’s messy otherwise.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Yeh I get why they have those rules in place because it’s messy otherwise.
I liked the old "football move" rule. It's not my fault some refs were too stupid to understand what made a catch they had to make almost nothing a catch. If you can control the ball enough to transfer it from one hand to another before you hit the ground you have made a gd catch even if it bounces out of your hand when you hit the ground. Like literally the end of every play is someone on the ground so basing it on some "going to the ground" standard is absurd.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Not sure what Burrow was trying to do throwing into double coverage like that but I guess that's the sorta of "go for broke" gunslinging that got him drafted first overall.
his first TD was thrown perfectly into double I dunno you live and die by it really. Mahomes does a lot of stupid stuff that for some reason works 8 out of 10 times.