NFL 2022-2023 Season Thread

Jimmy G doing what Jimmy G always does. There aren't a whole lot of surprises with this guy but they certainly do seem to win a lot more often than not when he is under center.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Jimmy G doing what Jimmy G always does. There aren't a whole lot of surprises with this guy but they certainly do seem to win a lot more often than not when he is under center.
and he’ll do what he does in the playoffs too. This is going to end in heartbreak, we all know it.

Next season he plays his way out of SF because he’s going to get solid money elsewhere the Niners don’t have, then the vet backup (Dalton, Wentz, Tannehill type) will beat Trey in training camp and do basically just as well as Jim ever did.

Guess you can just pull a receivers face mask back while the balls in the air? Or maybe the refs had already thrown their allotment of flags that possession. Either way 13-0. Defense playing well. As long as Niners don’t turn the ball over or there aren’t any special teams surprises the win is there for the taking.

First place, looking like a beast in the NFC, and now I’m mentally preparing myself to be left broken hearted in the playoffs when Jim *HAS* to make a play.
Good news is the 49ers literally put about as perfect a team around him as you possibly can for him *NOT* to be in that scenario very much at all. As long as the skill guys are fully healthy, just find the 1on1 match-up. Which he's done very well.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Good news is the 49ers literally put about as perfect a team around him as you possibly can for him *NOT* to be in that scenario very much at all. As long as the skill guys are fully healthy, just find the 1on1 match-up. Which he's done very well.
Come playoff time there’s going to be a time Jim has to do it himself. You know it.

Come playoff time there’s going to be a time Jim has to do it himself. You know it.
And most likely the play Jimmy has to make will be preceded by the defense blowing a 3rd and long to a mobile QB that makes a play (Mahomes in SB) or the defense dropping a nail in coffin INT (Tartt). Not excusing Jimmy, but just pointing out that there comes a point in every championship run that all phases have to “make a play”. Most of the times the one at QB is magnified, but I dare say if the defense “makes the play” in either of those instances we’re possibly looking at 2 time SB winner Jimmy.

I wonder if this is the end of Aaron Rodgers in Green Bay? Their season is likely over, he has an oblique injury and Jordan Love was spinning the ball pretty good in his short stint.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
And most likely the play Jimmy has to make will be preceded by the defense blowing a 3rd and long to a mobile QB that makes a play (Mahomes in SB) or the defense dropping a nail in coffin INT (Tartt). Not excusing Jimmy, but just pointing out that there comes a point in every championship run that all phases have to “make a play”. Most of the times the one at QB is magnified, but I dare say if the defense “makes the play” in either of those instances we’re possibly looking at 2 time SB winner Jimmy.
I can give the Niners and Jim the dropped INT by Tartt.

I cannot and will not ever forget Jim overthrowing EMan.

This 49er team is good, but not as good as the 2020 team. Playing the Dolphins is a good litmus test as I think the Dolphins are 3rd or 4th in the NFL with explosive offense. I expect the 49ers to lose against the Dolphins by a TD at least. The Raiders nipping the Seahawks gifts the 49ers the loss-cushion against the Dolphins. Great matchups this coming weekend: Good Thurs game too Bills/Patsies, Chiefs/Bengals,, Titans/Eagles, Jets/Vikings, Commanders/Giants .