NFL 2021-2022 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Heavy “We’re not even going to pretend to try” energy.
Kyle on Tuesday: This preseason game is going to be our dress rehearsal for the season.

Kyle on Thursday: We’re resting our all-pro linemen on both sides of the field including the best left tackle in football and our starting skill players are all going to play one series (or none at all on defense) and Trey’s only gonna play two series running nothing but day one installation plays.

I honestly think Kyle would have forfeited the game and kept the guys in Santa Clara if he could.

Last edited:

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Sure. He’s better than Drew Lock and Geno Smith. But that’s also like saying he’s better than Nick Mullens and CJ Beathard. It’s a level of praise that means next to nothing.

I cannot wait until he faceplants on a terrible team, and I cannot wait for our line to feast on a statue with a bad OLine.
Its probably a playbook thing - they don't want to have Garoppolo goto a division team with his knowledge of the offense - recall Gruden destroying the Raiders in the early 2000s Superbowl. If the Seahawks give a juicy deal 49ers may make an exception though....seems more and more likely they keep Jimmy G for the season as a pricey backup.

49ers are favored by 7 over Bears in opener

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Its probably a playbook thing - they don't want to have Garoppolo goto a division team with his knowledge of the offense - recall Gruden destroying the Raiders in the early 2000s Superbowl. If the Seahawks give a juicy deal 49ers may make an exception though....seems more and more likely they keep Jimmy G for the season as a pricey backup.

No chance they keep him. Dude’s going to be Seattle’s starter in a month after he learns their book.

Also; the Niners have a new “Trey Lance” playbook. One that wasn’t given to Jim as he exercises all by himself off to the side. He hasn’t been in team meetings. They aren’t flying him to games or joint practices. He’s a 49er in name only and the final countdown clock is on with the 53-man cutdown looming.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
This is such a shockingly bad move. May as well just have Jim start again, because the noise is going to be in Trey’s ear all year long. The second he has a bad week or two.

No chance they keep him. Dude’s going to be Seattle’s starter in a month after he learns their book.

Also; the Niners have a new “Trey Lance” playbook. One that wasn’t given to Jim as he exercises all by himself off to the side. He hasn’t been in team meetings. They aren’t flying him to games or joint practices. He’s a 49er in name only and the final countdown clock is on with the 53-man cutdown looming.

No chance :)

SLAB

Hall of Famer
If Jim so much as touches a football this season I’m actively rooting for anyone else.

Go LA.

Go Seattle.

Go Arizona.

Miss the playoffs.

I’m so mad.

Last edited:
If Jim so much as touches a football this season I’m actively rooting for anyone else.

Go LA.

Go Seattle.

Go Arizona.

Miss the playoffs.

I’m so mad.
Nobody wanted to take on Garrapolo's contract, and the Niners and Garoppolo both get something back in this case. (of compromise) Its an insurance policy like it or not. Its partially based on the fact that Lance has not proven anything yet. He'll get his chance. The annoying thing is Garrapolo is fair but against good competition has not proven to be a winner in big moments, and there's nothing really to indicate that'll change.

Nailed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.