NFL 2021-2022 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve apparently been watching the wrong Jimmy G this whole time.
Accurate? No.

Ability to hang in there and throw to tight spots? Yep.

Jimmy is pretty good at hanging tight in the pocket and getting the ball out without taking the sack. I think one of the reasons why the Niners were able to go deep in the playoffs with him is because he's pretty good at avoiding those drive killing sacks. Now he may wind up with drive killing INTs more often than we would like but there's a reason why every other QB we had would win about 2 out of 10 games while every healthy Jimmy season was a superbowl caliber year.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Accurate? No.

Ability to hang in there and throw to tight spots? Yep.

Jimmy is pretty good at hanging tight in the pocket and getting the ball out without taking the sack. I think one of the reasons why the Niners were able to go deep in the playoffs with him is because he's pretty good at avoiding those drive killing sacks. Now he may wind up with drive killing INTs more often than we would like but there's a reason why every other QB we had would win about 2 out of 10 games while every healthy Jimmy season was a superbowl caliber year.
Yeah, I don't really have an issue with the tight spot thing but to call that "arm talent" beyond the most charitable version of the word feels like stretching the truth. Mahomes and Aaron Rodgers and Josh Allen have elite arm talent. Jimmy is just a tough SOB.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I want Jim to end up on the Seahawks.

Our line destroying him as he stands there like a statue and single handedly tanks DK Metcalf’s value with his noodle arm would be hilarious and cathartic.

People (both Niners fans and media) are still somehow going to braindance their way into thinking Jim is going to start.
Yeah, people can do the whole "THEY THINK TREY NOT READY" dance, but it never really mattered. You can't spend the draft capital they did to acquire him and sit him another season. You could justify it his rookie year with how little football he played in college and Jimmy still being on the roster, but not another season. Especially after Jimmy's playoff performance.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Status
Not open for further replies.