NFL 2021-2022 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Also gotta love Kyle being so petty that he’d rather keep Jimmy on as an unhappy backup than let him go start for Pete in Seattle.
Keeps Seattle in a prime spot to get a top QB we’ll play against for years instead of Jim getting them 6 or 7 wins and just out of range, setting them back even further.

Just a horrible move.

Not to mention what it WILL do to Trey in the now.

Last edited:
What a shocker, Slab overreacting to something very trivial.

I don't see any reason this affects Trey at all. Jimmy is a great teammate, he knows the deal. And now Jimmy's contract is far more tradeable if a team has a big QB injury during the season. Or we get a comp 3rd rounder in the off-season. And Jimmy is far and away the best back-up in the league, if Trey does get hurt.

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
I don't see any reason this affects Trey at all. Jimmy is a great teammate, he knows the deal. And now Jimmy's contract is far more tradeable if a team has a big QB injury during the season. Or we get a comp 3rd rounder in the off-season. And Jimmy is far and away the best back-up in the league, if Trey does get hurt.
While I agree with this, there is also the optics of keeping the starter as a backup with effectively a rookie taking the job. It should be as simple as you state, and I hope it is, but it may not be during what could be an up-and-down season with a young QB that should have gotten more playing time last year to get a little more seasoned.

Status
Not open for further replies.