NFL 2019/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Ugly win for the Niners. I’m not convinced of “offensive guru” Kyle Shanahan’s offense. Though penalties killed every single time the my tried to pass the ball, so we’ll see what they do next week. Loved the defense though. Can’t wait to see a fully game-shape Nick Bosa.

The Patriots are unreal. And they don’t even have Antonio Brown yet. Sorry League. Ring #7 incoming.
watching the NFL is like watching the Bundesliga. You know who's going to end up winning the whole thing in Bundesliga, and the same issue lies within the NFL

Ugly win for the Niners. I’m not convinced of “offensive guru” Kyle Shanahan’s offense. Though penalties killed every single time the my tried to pass the ball, so we’ll see what they do next week. Loved the defense though. Can’t wait to see a fully game-shape Nick Bosa.

The Patriots are unreal. And they don’t even have Antonio Brown yet. Sorry League. Ring #7 incoming.
I'm convinced Shanahan is a top offensive coordinator but I'm not convinced he's an NFL coach. That was one of the ugliest games I've ever watched that actually had competent players in it. It was like every touchdown and every big play was affected by a penalty in one manner or another. At one point I just stopped reacting to the plays because I knew a flag was sure to follow. Didn't matter what team it was.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Also, I’m still bitter that Shanahan and Lynch skipped elite speed and over the top burner with size DK Metcalf for another “Shanahan guy” aka undersized shifty slot reciever #4 with limited upside in Deebo Samuel.

They already have Trent Taylor, Dante Pettis, and Richie James. Why another one?

Also, I’m still bitter that Shanahan and Lynch skipped elite speed and over the top burner with size DK Metcalf for another “Shanahan guy” aka undersized shifty slot reciever #4 with limited upside in Deebo Samuel.

They already have Trent Taylor, Dante Pettis, and Richie James. Why another one?
I don’t understand why Dante Pettis is in Shanahan’s dog house. He’s always open. I wonder what his thing for Pettis is lol.

ANTONIO BROWN IS A PATRIOT!!!! Yesssssssss

I’ll admit I’m pretty much a bandwagon Patriot fan at this point. I love Thom Brady. I love that they’ve been great for over half of my life. I love how much people hate them and the salt those people cast.

You know he’s going to be a perfect little soldier and win a Super Bowl. And with the Niners a few years out of contention, I’m all for it!
My initial reaction was that if nothing else it's good nobody else gets him. And that if he can behave it will give Brady a threat that makes all the JAG receivers open and Edelman will just be Edelman.

Then last night Josh Gordon who I had pretty much written off looked like he was that guy. So nuts. And Demaryius Thomas didn't even play.

And the star of the game was still their defense.

They play the tanking Dolphins next week. Might set some offensive records.

The Saints absolutely deserved to lose that game after that awful stretch play on 2nd and 4, when a first down would have iced it.
Was also pointed out that quite possibly had the Houston player not touched the Saints player down on the penultimate play the clock may have run off the final two seconds.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
MOD NOTE: I split the discussion of Antonio Brown into a separate thread so that legitimate discussion of the NFL can continue here.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Well, today's Niners game was fun to watch. :) I liked the way Fox Sports kept subtly pointing out how big of a mistake the Bengals made when they let Bill Walsh come to SF. It's a good day to be a 49er fan.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Kyle Shanahan is an offensive genius.
One week after I was calling out his playcalling.

Wonder if the Bengals are just bad or if the Niners are legit?

And man oh man, I cannot wait until Nick Bosa is in 100% game shape. I’m so thankful for Kyler Murray and Arizona happening to gift him to the Niners.

One week after I was calling out his playcalling.

Wonder if the Bengals are just bad or if the Niners are legit?

And man oh man, I cannot wait until Nick Bosa is in 100% game shape. I’m so thankful for Kyler Murray and Arizona happening to gift him to the Niners.
Our Offensive line obliterated their front 7 today. Any and all RBs the Niners put on the field had massive holes to run through. That same Bengals defense looked adequate last week against Seattle and the Bucs D looked pretty good against Carolina on Thursday. I’m trying not to get my hopes up too much but with what appears to be a beat up and bad offense in Pittsburgh coming to town next week we’re looking at 3-0 heading into our early bye.

In ok news for the 9ers immediate term, Big Ben out for the season, so mark it a W next week as if they weren't bad enough without 2 of the 3 B's...

I think the Fins just got a contender in the tank column.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
The Jets appear primed to join the Fins and Steelers in the tank-off. Their starting QB is out with mono for the foreseeable future and their back-up just appears to have broken his leg.

Steelers trade their 2020 first rounder for Minkah Fitpatrick. Odd move for a team in their spot but Miami might wind up with a few more by the time they are done selling the team.

Jets are bad. Cleveland is too.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Jalen Ramsey requested a trade.

I can’t stand the dudes antics. But yo, Niners. The rebuild is over. Send over your first, use your cap, and get it done.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Jalen Ramsey requested a trade.

I can’t stand the dudes antics. But yo, Niners. The rebuild is over. Send over your first, use your cap, and get it done.
Spoon and Sherman are both playing at All-Pro levels on the outside and Ramsey is a head case who can't cover the slot. I'd rather see the Niners trade the first for OT Trent Williams on the Washington Football team if Lynch and Shanahan are going to make an all-in move.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Spoon and Sherman are both playing at All-Pro levels on the outside and Ramsey is a head case who can't cover the slot. I'd rather see the Niners trade the first for OT Trent Williams on the Washington Football team if Lynch and Shanahan are going to make an all-in move.
Sherman’s going to age eventually and Spoon proved last year he can be very very inconsistent.. would be amazing if he’s legit though! He flashed the second-half of his rookie season before face-planting last year.

Trent Williams would also be oh so nice though., especially with Staley’s injury. Those Harbaugh teams were built behind a great O-Line.

Basically, it’s time to ascend. Let’s jumpstart that process!

I went to the Timbers match out of obligation... at one point I checked my phone and saw they were down early, got home and they were up but gave up a TD... so with only about 10 mins of game watched, how are the Niners not destroying the Steelers?

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I went to the Timbers match out of obligation... at one point I checked my phone and saw they were down early, got home and they were up but gave up a TD... so with only about 10 mins of game watched, how are the Niners not destroying the Steelers?
Turnover

Turnover

Turnover

Turnover

Turnover

They turned the ball over their first four possessions. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.