NFL 2019/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol ends up being a blowout

Hopefully we can get Kittle back and get that run game going again for this upcoming stretch. The rush has been AWOL the last 3 games.

This is a character building game falling behind 16 and then blowing the comeback and making the drive down the field.

Niners might need to stay back and blitz less against these more athletic QBs.

Kyler is going to be so good. I hate that he’s in our division.
We're lucky they made that pick as far as getting Bosa, but it was absolutely the right pick for them. No way would they have this bright of a future if they still had Josh Rosen, and Bosa would not have changed that.

Lol ends up being a blowout

Hopefully we can get Kittle back and get that run game going again for this upcoming stretch. The rush has been AWOL the last 3 games.

This is a character building game falling behind 16 and then blowing the comeback and making the drive down the field.

Niners might need to stay back and blitz less against these more athletic QBs.
They need to figure some things out before they face Lamar. :eek:

Exciting win!

watching sanders out there being a gamer, just trying to make a contribution out there despite his ribs and hurting more each time he got tackled. Man, that guy has got some heart.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Huh... I just found out that Colin Kaepernick's workout was held in my town. At the high school that my nephew went to... Could have gone, had I had any idea.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Huh... I just found out that Colin Kaepernick's workout was held in my town. At the high school that my nephew went to... Could have gone, had I had any idea.
Nobody had any idea, since Kaep changed the location a couple of hours before the workout. From what I've read, a number of teams who were willing to go to the Hawks stadium weren't interested in traveling to a high school location just so Kaep could have his own cameras present.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Nobody had any idea, since Kaep changed the location a couple of hours before the workout. From what I've read, a number of teams who were willing to go to the Hawks stadium weren't interested in traveling to a high school location just so Kaep could have his own cameras present.
I think the issues were: (1) For the the NFL's organized workout to take place he was being required to sign a standard release of liability waiver for any injury that may occur but his waiver was appended at the last minute to include language in which he would relinquish any right to sue the NFL in the future (release of all liability) for whatever might result from the workout (for instance, continued lack of employment). He refused to sign that waiver. And (2) The official NFL workout would have been closed to all media and Kaepernick's team felt there was a high likelihood that the results of the workout could be spun in a manner that disparaged him. All 30 teams were going to have a representative there so he was vastly outnumbered if it became a game of he-said/he-said about how ready he looked to play an NFL game next Sunday. These are the same teams who supposedly colluded to keep him out of the league, after all.

Full disclosure: I enjoyed watching him play for San Francisco and I think, despite his flaws as a pocket passer, Kaepernick is talented enough to be playing in the NFL right now. I also think the NFL botched the whole anthem kneeling story in their haste to appease a fanbase that historically skews conservative. I don't know that any collusion actually took place (that's hard to prove) and I also don't expect Colin to ever play in the NFL again. Partially because of the media footprint which now follows him around (is a second or third string QB who won't see the field much without an injury worth that kind of trouble?), partially because teams are always more willing to take a flier on young unproven talent than a vet fighting to keep their spot in the league, and partially because he played his last two seasons in the league for post-Harbaugh Niners teams which were absolutely gutted by injuries/defections/early retirement and were so bad that any QB in the league would have looked awful leading them. The tape is the tape though and it can't be unseen. I'm always going to remember him for that time he ran for 181 yards against the Packers in the playoffs and for being brave enough to use his celebrity as a starting QB in the NFL to bring attention to a cause he believed in, to the detriment of his professional future. Whether you agree with his cause or not, the guy is not a villain.

I think the issues were: (1) For the the NFL's organized workout to take place he was being required to sign a standard release of liability waiver for any injury that may occur but his waiver was appended at the last minute to include language in which he would relinquish any right to sue the NFL in the future (release of all liability) for whatever might result from the workout (for instance, continued lack of employment). He refused to sign that waiver. And (2) The official NFL workout would have been closed to all media and Kaepernick's team felt there was a high likelihood that the results of the workout could be spun in a manner that disparaged him. All 30 teams were going to have a representative there so he was vastly outnumbered if it became a game of he-said/he-said about how ready he looked to play an NFL game next Sunday. These are the same teams who supposedly colluded to keep him out of the league, after all.

Full disclosure: I enjoyed watching him play for San Francisco and I think, despite his flaws as a pocket passer, Kaepernick is talented enough to be playing in the NFL right now. I also think the NFL botched the whole anthem kneeling story in their haste to appease a fanbase that historically skews conservative. I don't know that any collusion actually took place (that's hard to prove) and I also don't expect Colin to ever play in the NFL again. Partially because of the media footprint which now follows him around (is a second or third string QB who won't see the field much without an injury worth that kind of trouble?), partially because teams are always more willing to take a flier on young unproven talent than a vet fighting to keep their spot in the league, and partially because he played his last two seasons in the league for post-Harbaugh Niners teams which were absolutely gutted by injuries/defections/early retirement and were so bad that any QB in the league would have looked awful leading them. The tape is the tape though and it can't be unseen. I'm always going to remember him for that time he ran for 181 yards against the Packers in the playoffs and for being brave enough to use his celebrity as a starting QB in the NFL to bring attention to a cause he believed in, to the detriment of his professional future. Whether you agree with his cause or not, the guy is not a villain.
The problem here is that he had that waiver and knew what the workout was several days beforehand. He waited until 3 hours prior to the workout to let them know the changes he was making. This screams media stunt too me.

His other problem is that while he is talented enough to play in the NFL, he hasshown that he is not good enough to be a franchise QB. That leaves him the roles of backup or starter until we find a better option. He brings way too many distractions to the team to be used in those roles. That is why he will remain unemployed as a QB.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
The problem here is that he had that waiver and knew what the workout was several days beforehand. He waited until 3 hours prior to the workout to let them know the changes he was making. This screams media stunt too me.

His other problem is that while he is talented enough to play in the NFL, he hasshown that he is not good enough to be a franchise QB. That leaves him the roles of backup or starter until we find a better option. He brings way too many distractions to the team to be used in those roles. That is why he will remain unemployed as a QB.
I think you should review the facts on this. It might scream media stunt to you, but I think that's probably because you've pre-judged the situation. The NFL is the one who initiated the whole thing and it appears they made an ultimatum that the workout they had already promoted would be cancelled if Kaepernick didn't sign away his legal rights with a non-standard form they drew up specifically for this workout. I don't see how Colin putting together a last minute workout at an alternative location after the NFL refused to accept any changes to the waiver and inviting everyone who wants to come (including the media) implicates him of drumming up publicity.

As to your other point, I said more or less the same thing already. He's a second or third string QB with too much baggage to be worth the risk for most teams. He may not be a franchise QB but are there actually 32 franchise QBs in the NFL? Probably not. Plenty of teams roll with backups either because of injury or because the guy they were betting on to be their franchise QB didn't pan out. I agree that he's probably not going to get an NFL job but it's not because he isn't good enough to make a 53-man roster and that's exactly why this is a publicity nightmare for the NFL. There are active players with violent crimes in their past, what did Colin do aside from exercise his right to free speech? That shouldn't be the reason he's out of a job.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I hate the Cowboys, which should go without saying to anyone who knows me. What I really hate, however, is almost feeling like I have to root for them because I hate Tom Brady and the Patriots even more. Thank Naismith the Kings game starts in a little while.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Now I really hate Luka Doncic. I was replying to a post in the Doncic thread and missed the Niners TD. Thank Montana I'm recording the game so I can go back. :p

NINERS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.