New Uniforms Unveiled

My initial thoughts?

I love them, especially the SAC uniform. I can't wait to buy one of those. I love the thick stripes on the side and the use of the dark grey. I think the shorts look great.

I love that they are keeping the Baby Blue throwback.

But the black alternate... wow. Kinda dropped the ball on that one.... :/

One interesting thought:
The Lion's head logo is missing on all these. They've got to use it somewhere.... Center Court perhaps..? ;)

Last edited:

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I absolutely hate the home and away jerseys.

Both the alternates are alright. The black one's shorts look incomplete without a matching stripe though. The bottom logo should be the standing lion as well, just for difference.

I really like them all. I was lucky last season I drew all the Friday games and I really really love the baby blue throwbacks. But all those uniforms look great to me.

the Global jersey has the lion dribbling the basketball right in the V of the neck.

But I refuse to buy any merchandise, it is my response to what the Kings did to me on the final game tickets last year... I'll never forget it and I'll never ever buy any merch because of it.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
I like some of the details -- the blue stripe and patch and the three blue stitches on the side (you can't see them in the pictures above, but you can see them here). At least that shows they put some thought into making these distinctly Sacramento.

They actually don't look as much like the other new jerseys in the league as I initially thought because those side stripes are huge and the logo on the shorts is also comically large. I do kindof like the black alternates, but they should have made the logo on the shorts either much smaller or used one of the secondary logos. I don't think they sell nearly as many pairs of shorts as they sell jerseys though, and I can see those black jerseys being popular. The chain-link motif is at least something new. It's growing on me. The only thing I don't like about that black jersey is the purple outline on the team name and number, black or gray would be better but that's pretty subtle. They're not terrible imo, it's a small step forward from what we had. I can see these evolving over time into something I would like.

Last edited:

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
I like some of the details -- the blue stripe and patch and the three blue stitches on the side (you can't see them in the pictures above, but you can see them here). At least that shows they put some thought into making these distinctly Sacramento.

They actually don't look as much like the other new jerseys in the league as I initially thought because those side stripes are huge and the logo on the shorts is also comically large. I do kindof like the black alternates, but they should have made the logo on the shorts either much smaller or used one of the secondary logos. I don't think they sell nearly as many pairs of shorts as they sell jerseys though, and I can see those black jerseys being popular. The chain-link motif is at least something new. It's growing on me. The only thing I don't like about that black jersey is the purple outline on the team name and number, black or gray would be better but that's pretty subtle. They're not terrible imo, it's a small step forward from what we had. I can see these evolving over time into something I would like.
I'm surprised the global jersey isn't using the rampant lion since Chris Granger said it would be the chief international marketing logo. I'm also surprised that the lion/ball logo doesn't appear anywhere. I'm hoping it's the center court logo in the new arena.

I'm surprised the global jersey isn't using the rampant lion since Chris Granger said it would be the chief international marketing logo. I'm also surprised that the lion/ball logo doesn't appear anywhere. I'm hoping it's the center court logo in the new arena.
It's small so you may have missed it, but the rampant lion is at the V neck of the global jersey.

My guess is the lion/ball logo is being saved for center court, which would be perfect.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's small so you may have missed it, but the rampant lion is at the V neck of the global jersey.

My guess is the lion/ball logo is being saved for center court, which would be perfect.
You're right and man that really is a tiny lion logo.

Definitely agree on the lion/ball. It's what Denver does currently in terms of the secondary logo being at center court.

Dislike the black one but gotta wait till I see it on the court I guess. They could have brought back the retro black but I guess that's not nba 3.0 enough.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
ummm... why is there gray on the Kings jerseys?

Aren't the modern Kings colors purple, white, and black?

http://www.nba.com/kings/node/11201
The rebrand started with the new logo which introduced the new color palette. A deeper purple and gray (they call it granite) are the new primary colors.

Personally I was hoping they'd do an alternate with granite as the main color. Something like this without the camo:

I like them a lot better than the old ones. Clean and simple, they didn't try to do anything radical, which I am thankful for. As for anything that's new, it will take a little bit of time to get used to them, but I like the direction it's going.

I am just thankful it didn't turn out like the Clipper's logo/jerseys ... they look awful.

And KF's are OK with the colors changing to gray away from black?

I thought most KF's loved the black and purple..... ?
personally, i quite like the gray. while not spectacular, i think these jerseys are a clean and minimalist step in the right direction for the continued re-branding of this franchise--though admittedly i'm still not overly fond of the lower-case "n" that appears in the otherwise upper-case "kings." also, it's worth noting that, despite what some may claim, KF is not a hive mind for which there is a singular overriding point of view. some seem to like the jersey re-design, while others will not...

I like all of them. They certainly have done a good job with the new look jerseys. The little details like the crown, the three baby blue stitches, the championship tab and the Sacramento proud tab. Thankfully we haven't messed any of them up like some other teams have done when they've done new uniforms. So I can't wait to see our Kings rock the new uniforms in the new arena.

here is a 360 degree promo video

After seeing the actual unveil, I do like the global alternate black version a lot. It's much more aggressive when it's all black like the... 2002 version was it?
I still like the previous 2015 alternate black version a little more because the new font still seems a bit plain to me but I'm sure it'll grow once the season goes along.

I kinda like all them but love neither of them. Expected a little bit more since I loved new logos and colors. Of course, people all over the US are bashing our uniforms now (at least thats what I saw on twitter) ... nothing new :) ... Planning on buying the City one.

http://www.kingsteamstore.com/Sacra...C=93406_1_50_df43c902f3d2f4426a3d2d42fbd3b36f

Jerseys are so overpriced nowadays. Screen printed replica versions of the new ones are $99. Some of the old designs are on sale for decent prices. I would pick up one of the old black alternate designs if they had it in swingman model.

http://www.nba.com/kings/newuniform...C=93406_1_50_df43c902f3d2f4426a3d2d42fbd3b36f

The detailed page shows the new global black jersey has some pattern in the fabric which I think looks great. A very modern and aggressive look. The $99 replica version is just plain black though. Hoping they bring back the swingman version with the stitch lettering and better details and quality.