[Game] Nets @ Kings - Tuesday, March 19 - 7PT/10ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
The food thing was probably out of line. The part where we talk about how bad they were? Not really.
The food thing was out of line. Criticizing Bogi was fine. His play was poor and he deserved to sit though quite frankly Buddy was awful also.

As for Beli: 14 points, 10 boards and 3 assists is not a bad game. He also probably had 5-6 deflections. It’s ridiculous but predictable a number of you are pointing at him.

The kings had 20 turnovers! Giles and Bagley both had 3 a piece and more turnovers than assists. Now I love Giles but he lost his ****ing mind in the 4th quarter and threw the ball away twice. WCS had 7 points and 9 boards, Buddy had 8 points shot 0-8 from 3 and had 3 turnovers. Fox had 5 turnovers. Bogi had 10 points and 1 stinking assist. Lots of choices to blame here but any rational person should have Beli far down the list.

We just made DeAngelo Russell some kinda rock star. Good job guys. Somebody should be in the hotseat tomorrow. I don't care if year is over. We are supposed to be a pro sports team... act like it.

Was always about his contract to me, and with other poor investments it handcuffing us from making moves with salary.

But for him to bring up JT, I don't think the complaints some of us have about WCS are the same we may have had about JT.
I never hated JT, TBH. Solid on those terrible teams, especially before he got in his own head and completely forgot how to offense.
They might start to be if they re-sign Willie in the same manner. That frontcourt might not have completely needed what JT brought to the team for the price they paid. Now, imagine being in a similar situation and paying double? Willie is > JT in almost every way imaginable but getting what you need and compliments your future front court matters.

I used to hound JT on more than one forum, most about his contract, especially with Jarl Thompandry in the house.

But I do not recall ever getting frustrated about him being tossed around & manhandled or wondering if he could grab a board.
I hear where you are coming from but atleast JT could hit a face up 15 footer. Willie is so frustrating cause the potential is obvious, the motor tho... that's another story. If you give Willie Harry's motor, imo, hes a walking double double, but he just lacks the drive. Probably day dreams about fashion on the court.. who knows at this point. Sucks to say but I'm ready to move on.
With all due respect, compared to Willie, whos a certafied starter in the league, Jason Thompson was nothing more than a gimmicky type of player..

The Jason Thompson deal was 5 years 34 mil... Willie's contributions this year dwarf any season he put together in that span..

We just made DeAngelo Russell some kinda rock star. Good job guys. Somebody should be in the hotseat tomorrow. I don't care if year is over. We are supposed to be a pro sports team... act like it.
D'Angelo Russell has been terrorizing everyone he plays all year long, he's an all-star.... what u saw here in that 4th quarter, is just another day at the office for him....

They might start to be if they re-sign Willie in the same manner. That frontcourt might not have completely needed what JT brought to the team for the price they paid. Now, imagine being in a similar situation and paying double? Willie is > JT in almost every way imaginable but getting what you need and compliments your future front court matters.
Fantastic point.

Never forget Jarl Thompandry.

I'm downgrading my thoughts from wanting to pay WCS some loot to being on the fence (nervous) about it now.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
With all due respect, compared to Willie, whos a certafied starter in the league, Jason Thompson was nothing more than a gimmicky type of player..

The Jason Thompson deal was 5 years 34 mil... Willie's contributions this year dwarf any season he put together in that span..
To be fair, the Jason Thompson deal was a horrible overpay done to compensate him because we drafted T-Rob because the Maloofs told Petrie he wouldn't have the money to resign JT.

It was a whole thing.

I missed the game, just wow....absolutely pathetic. Is this an ongoing pattern we have with blowing fat leads game after game...obviously a coaching issue in my opinion.

Just got home from the game... wow. What can you say, Russell was absolutely incredible. So was Hollis-Jefferson who I believe triggered the comeback when he muscled his way in and dunked on Yogi Ferrell. Seemed like an attitude shift in the game in favor of the Nets at that point.

First off, I don’t think I’ve been more upset at a KINGS team than I am tonight. If I have been, it’s been 15 years or more. I didn’t stop yelling and screaming in frustration for at least 10 minutes after the game was over.

While the KINGS playoff aspirations had pretty much evaporated already and this loss like won’t mean much beyond what it is, it was totally inexcusable and completely avoidable.

Before the DeAngelo Russell hype spins too far out of control, let’s call a spade a spade. Tonight’s 4th quarter was all about a very young, inexperienced and immature team backing off the throttle — specifically on the defense end — and stop playing believing they had already won. It wasn’t about some unstoppable and historic effort by Russell and the Nets. The KINGS simply went complacent and allowed it to happen.

Need proof? How about 11 layups/dunks in total (6 by Russell) in the 4th quarter? The KINGS surrendered 6 of those layups in the first 2:30 of the quarter. That doesn’t happen unless a team stops competing.

Add to it 7 (mostly) unforced turnovers due to lackadaisical effort and that’s how the stage is set for a 25-point 4th quarter meltdown.

The first 2-3 minutes of the 4th quarter was as bad a defensive effort as you’ll see. The final 2-3 minutes wasn’t much better. Let’s be real here, DeAngelo Russell isn’t Jason Kidd or Kobe Bryant in his prime going to the basket. Yet they allowed him to drive in for lefty layups time after time after time mixed in with 5 other layups or dunks by his teammates.

To summarize, what we all just witnessed wasn’t a Herculean performance by Russell and the Nets. It was awful and completely avoidable effort by the KINGS — who completely wasted what was turning out to be another tremendous offensive performance from Marvin Bagley (who also contributed to the defensive lapse). And that’s why I’m so effing upset with this team right now.

Don’t get me wrong, I realize that DeAngelo Russell is having a career year and the Nets are one of the most improved teams. But I’m not going to heap hyperbolic praise on anyone when the opposition offers up little to no resistance. Had the Nets and Russell hit 11 three’s with a hand in their face each and every time, I’d tip my cap and say ‘what a performance!’. But this was much different. 11 layups with 6 occuring in 2 and 1/2 minutes is drastically different.

The KINGS quit on the defensive end. There’s no other way to spin it. As an extremely upset fan on tilt, the only thing I can hope for is that this becomes a vivid and long lasting learning experience for this young, naive and immature team. This is the NBA. A game is never over until the clock is at :00. Case in point.

Last edited:

SLAB

Hall of Famer
How I’ve felt about Fox this last hour ain’t healthy.. Maybe I’m taking this stuff too serious

Let’s hope the team recovers
I don’t think they will this season. 40 wins is going to be a stretch.

Which is an absurd thing to be upset about when you think about it, but here we are.

Tomorrow is going to say so much about the makeup of the young guys composure, and also the staff as a whole.

https://streamable.com/id5yh

More than any other play in this game the one that stands out to me is a bout a minute into this video it's the layp d'angelo russel gets with 4:09 left in the 4th q.

Lets talk about that play. Bjelly is out there jumping at ghosts... It's on Joerger too.. In that moment Russell makes Bjelly look like an amateur.

Like i said before, that looks like Elmer Fudd trying to catch Buggs Bunny to me...

First off, I don’t think I’ve been more upset at a KINGS team than I am tonight. If I have been, it’s been 15 years or more. I didn’t stop yelling and screaming in frustration for at least 10 minutes after the game was over.

While the KINGS playoff aspirations had pretty much evaporated already and this loss like won’t mean much beyond what it is, it was totally inexcusable and completely avoidable.

Before the DeAngelo Russell hype spins too far out of control, let’s call a spade a spade. Tonight’s 4th quarter was all about a very young, inexperienced and immature team backing off the throttle — specifically on the defense end — and stop playing believing they had already won. It wasn’t about some unstoppable and historic effort by Russell and the Nets. The KINGS simply went complacent and allowed it to happen.

Need proof? How about 11 layups/dunks in total (6 by Russell) in the 4th quarter? The KINGS surrendered 6 of those layups in the first 2:30 of the quarter. That doesn’t happen unless a team stops competing.

Add to it 7 (mostly) unforced turnovers due to lackadaisical effort and that’s how the stage is set for a 25-point 4th quarter meltdown.

The first 2-3 minutes of the 4th quarter was as bad a defensive effort as you’ll see. The final 2-3 minutes wasn’t much better. Let’s be real here, DeAngelo Russell isn’t Jason Kidd or Kobe Bryant in his prime going to the basket. Yet they allowed him to drive in for lefty layups time after time after time mixed in with 5 other layups or dunks by his teammates.

To summarize, what we all just witnessed wasn’t a Herculean performance by Russell and the Nets. It was awful and completely avoidable effort by the KINGS — who completely wasted what was turning out to be another tremendous offensive performance from Marvin Bagley (who also contributed to the defensive lapse). And that’s why I’m so effing upset with this team right now.

Don’t get me wrong, I realize that DeAngelo Russell is having a career year and the Nets are one of the most improved teams. But I’m not going to heap hyperbolic praise on anyone when the opposition offers up little to no resistance. Had the Nets and Russell hit 11 three’s with a hand in their face each and every time, I’d tip my cap and say ‘what a performance!’. But this was much different. 11 layups with 6 occuring in 2 and 1/2 minutes is drastically different.

The KINGS quit on the defensive end. There’s no other way to spin it. As an extremely upset fan on tilt, the only thing I can hope for is that this becomes a vivid and long lasting learning experience for this young, naive and immature team. This is the NBA. A game is never over until the clock is at :00. Case in point.
The thing is, its a pick your poison type of situation... .The Kings emphasized not letting him get clean looks from 3, so he took what the defense gave and drove the ball... If they played him to drive and let him shoot the lead could've been blown even faster tbh with how hot he was and how cold we were..

I don't think this happens with Shump still around, he'd of died on the court from a heart attack before he let Russell go off like that. I'm sure eventually he'd of been on him too.

Marvin was spectacular in this game the loss shouldnt detract from that...

In fact this game is probably key on the timeline, eventually Marvin is gonna be our go-to scorer, not Buddy.. and you can see the groundwork for that in a game like this..

As the years pass we'll become less reliant on the 3pt shot, which is gonna be huge.

You live and die by the 3, and in this game we died.

If you told me 3 weeks ago that by the time the season was over I would be ambivalent about Joerger, I would have called you crazy. But there it is.

I've been up Willie's ass about "not hating to lose" enough. Well coach??? Smash a clipboard or something. wtf?

Lets see the last 12 games. But I'm starting to put it on coach because everything is "good learning experience" and it's getting about as bad as WCS talking about his love for KAT after a loss. Maybe the culture needs another boost.

I just wanna say the suns loss was way worse than this in my book...

this loss can at least be chalked up to an unreal performance by the opposition.
That game had an unreal performance by Oubre Jr too. Not as unreal as Russel’s tonight but still. He was all around amazing on that day, not only offensively but defensively too.

Status
Not open for further replies.