[Game] Nets @ Kings - Tuesday, March 19 - 7PT/10ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
That vs. pick and roll because pnr will create the easiest option for player movement on both ends. You force the defense to react and your team can find a rhythm without having to utilize 5 moving pieces at once. The Kings still tend to set the ball up at the elbow first and faceup, handoff, or run curl screens. They also set the ball up in the post through players like Willie where that's not really making your team as dangerous as it can be. A lot of times they run a pick and roll with there only being enough time to get a single option out of it. If the Kings reverse that and instead run more middle pick and roll early in the clock I think the moments where the other teams adjustments defensively totally shut down the Kings will be less frequent. When the defense focuses their efforts towards that then run it up the gut, or run some post action, etc. Tonight was obviously partly a youth thing though, not totally strategic, but again, quarters like that have been a big problem this year. Usually it's the 2nd or the 3rd, not the 4th, but the same nonetheless.
Was just trying to understand what you were getting at, as it’s rare to hear someone say relying on mid range game and attacking the rim is going to be a problem. I agree though I’d like to see a bit more pick and roll incorporated into the offense. I don’t think the offense or the ball movement is in dire straits like you do, but def think they need to become a bit more polished with things like the pick and roll.

Just saw highlights of our coach looking lost and confused

Hilarious. And Russell is a piece of crap. Why’re they celebrating like they won the title?

Bjeli had 14 points, 10 boards, 3 assists with 1 turnover. But somehow to the anti Serbian morons on this forum the game is his fault. Classic.

If he is getting matched up with Russell just maybe the coach should call time out and adjust the defense?

Buddy has won many games for us but 8 points shooting 0-8 from 3 with as many turnovers as assists might have contributed to the collapse.

Bjeli had 14 points, 10 boards, 3 assists with 1 turnover. But somehow to the anti Serbian morons on this forum the game is his fault. Classic.

If he is getting matched up with Russell just maybe the coach should call time out and adjust the defense?

Buddy has won many games for us but 8 points shooting 0-8 from 3 with as many turnovers as assists might have contributed to the collapse.
Anti Serbian? What world are you in

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Just saw highlights of our coach looking lost and confused

Hilarious. And Russell is a piece of crap. Why’re they celebrating like they won the title?
One team is potentially playoff bound after years of being terrible. The other team is about to majorly collapse.

He deserved to rub it in the Kings’ faces on their own home court. I’d want our guys showing fire if we managed to pull this off too.

The world where people make comments about Serbian food and routinely criticize the Serbian guys when other clearly more obvious answers exist.
Do you even know what he was referring to with the Serbian diet?

Your bad signing Bjelica has gotten in worse shape as the season has went on and is notably fatter. Do you have a clue?

Was just trying to understand what you were getting at, as it’s rare to hear someone say relying on mid range game and attacking the rim is going to be a problem. I agree though I’d like to see a bit more pick and roll incorporated into the offense. I don’t think the offense or the ball movement is in dire straits like you do, but def think they need to become a bit more polished with things like the pick and roll.
Ha ha, I don't think that but it is disappointing in some ways and it being a little bit disappointing means the difference in the end. I still have no idea when PACE became the standard for success this season. Them leading in pace was something a bunch of people saw as obvious last year and more DUH than anything but that's not the bar or it shouldn't be. The truth is the Kings have been near the top in pace this season but they've also barely scraped the top 10 in PPG for most of the year as well. Those extra 5-7 ppg lost via scoring droughts matter on average. I think Barnes can help them if they intend to one on one, post up, or mid-range faceup their way out of the droughts but those sets have been fairly consistent in the loss column. They are still new as a team but I do also think a slight fix here or there and the playoffs were possible at some point this season. There may be a plan though. A lot of what they are running could still be Joerger testing things out. I just can't get that statement he made last year out of my head where he said in some coaching seminar that sure he could run middle pick and roll every time but yada, yada, yada. So there may have always been more development aspiration beyond the desire to win games.

There are 20 other centers right now that easily add more value the Willie. The guy is about as valuable as javahle McGee. Both guys are very athletic and as smart as a bag of bricks
Value? Have u seen what the Kings pay Willie? He's literally a great value on a per dollar basis.... U might wanna choose a better word than that LOL. That list of 20 C's u make, I bet their average salary is triple what the Kings pay Willie...

U guys watched Jason Thompson for all those years, he completely sucks compared to Willie --- No? The Kings paid Jason Thompson in the earlier part of this decade mroe than they pay Willie.......

The Kings played 10 guys in ths game, Willie was easily one of our top-5 players of the 10..

Buddy was atrocious and get punked effectively. When Buddy plays like that the Kings aren't a very good team..

Buddy had plenty of time--- the entire 4th q--- to get his crap togehter and couldnt..... but here we are talking about Willie, whos having his best month of the season...

In the face of calamity, Buddy's aim wasn't true.. and we lose.. It shouldnt really be all that shocking, I mentioned bout halfway thru the 4th if we are gonna hope Buddy matches Russell, this is gonna be a loss... and it was..

The SG position (Buddy and Bogdan) go 8/24 and combine for 1 3pt make, but yeah Willie sabotaged us once again.. He should've easily had 19 rebounds in 19 minutes.

Worst loss this year. This was joke worthy embarrassing and on our home court. Other team forums are busting up. Save the stress, don't show your face on them. I still have hope and believe we've shown promise... But what a tease.

Value? Have u seen what the Kings pay Willie? He's literally a great value on a per dollar basis.... U might wanna choose a better word than that LOL. That list of 20 C's u make, I bet their average salary is triple what the Kings pay Willie...

U guys watched Jason Thompson for all those years, he completely sucks compared to Willie --- No?

The Kings played 10 guys in ths game, Willie was easily one of our top-5 players of the 10..

Buddy was atrocious and get punked effectively. When Buddy plays like that the Kings aren't a very good team..

Buddy had plenty of time--- the entire 4th q--- to get his crap togehter and couldnt..... but here we are talking about Willie, whos having his best month of the season...

In the face of calamity, Buddy's aim wasn't true.. and we lose.. It shouldnt really be all that shocking, I mentioned bout halfway thru the 4th if we are gonna hope Buddy matches Russell, this is gonna be a loss... and it was..

The SG position (Buddy and Bogdan) go 8/24 and combine for 1 3pt make, but yeah Willie sabotaged us once again.. He should've easily had 19 rebounds in 19 minutes.
I used to hound JT on more than one forum, most about his contract, especially with Jarl Thompandry in the house.

But I do not recall ever getting frustrated about him being tossed around & manhandled or wondering if he could grab a board.

U guys watched Jason Thompson for all those years, he completely sucks compared to Willie --- No?

I hear where you are coming from but atleast JT could hit a face up 15 footer. Willie is so frustrating cause the potential is obvious, the motor tho... that's another story. If you give Willie Harry's motor, imo, hes a walking double double, but he just lacks the drive. Probably day dreams about fashion on the court.. who knows at this point. Sucks to say but I'm ready to move on.

I'm glad they mentioned on the broadcast that it was like a Michael Jordan type of 4th quarter, cuz I was thinking that watching it.

At one point they said Fox was winning the matchup... and I'm pretty sure russell made just about everyshot after those words were uttered/

d'Angelo russell is one of the best guards i've ever seen in college basketball. shame on the lakers, they deserve all the bad press that comes with this move. U dont run kids like that out of town too early. there's old wisdom you're supposed to wait 3 seasons for young players to decide, and this situation looks like it's developing quickly into an all-timer type of example..

Russell is really the only young guard in the league with a claim at being better than Fox...

One last thing; D'Angelo Russell is way better than Luka Doncic..

For all the negativity this loss will generate, that guy deserves credit. He was nothing short of brilliant.... and if you watched russell in college, once it was really known how good he was, in conference play teams were double-teaming him at halfcourt--- and thats what Jerry was calling for in the 4th quarter..... that is like not an NBA type of thing, it's something seen at lesser levels of compeition, really speaks to just how hot he gets.. How many times do u see that in an NBA game "just get the ball out of his hands... please"

Last edited:

The SG position (Buddy and Bogdan) go 8/24 and combine for 1 3pt make, but yeah Willie sabotaged us once again..

You have to admit though, this was one of those Buddy games where he took a step back role wise as well. I wonder if that's by design because there have seemingly been more and more games where he's not really the focal point of the offense like he was just a month or two ago. And when he is that he's basically forced to jack 3's because the spacing is iffy and he's the only off ball threat out there sometimes. Obviously Bagley is getting the star mode treatment but we already know this team will have a better chance winning with Buddy being a top option because this teams brightest moments are as a run team. The two more devastating run players this year have been Bjelica (before his banishment for that period) and Buddy.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I used to hound JT on more than one forum, most about his contract, especially with Jarl Thompandry in the house.

But I do not recall ever getting frustrated about him being tossed around & manhandled or wondering if he could grab a board.
I never hated JT, TBH. Solid on those terrible teams, especially before he got in his own head and completely forgot how to offense.

I never hated JT, TBH. Solid on those terrible teams, especially before he got in his own head and completely forgot how to offense.
Was always about his contract to me, and with other poor investments it handcuffing us from making moves with salary.

But for him to bring up JT, I don't think the complaints some of us have about WCS are the same we may have had about JT.

Status
Not open for further replies.