[Game] Nets @ Kings - Tuesday, March 19 - 7PT/10ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
It was a team effort spearheaded by his fearless start to the 4th.
That sequence where he missed a layup (bad!), got his own board (good!), then dribbled the ball out to the three point line (okay) with like three dudes draped on him (bad!), then took the shot (BAD!!!!!!!) was the first time where I felt like a loss was a legitimate possibility.

A game like this should lead to some re-evaluations.

Coaches ice just got a little thinner, hopefully Bogi’s plane-ticket to wherreever wants him is stamped, and they’re scouting a big body that can stop a lay_up line.
A big body alone ain't gonna do it. Bjelica's plenty big in more ways than one if you know what I mean.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
A big body alone ain't gonna do it. Bjelica's plenty big in more ways than one if you know what I mean.
How about “Robin Lopez” big body. Someone who will bang and bruise with some athleticism.

Good riddance to Bjeli too. Him and Bogi can take the first plane out of here once the season wraps up

Coaches ice just got a little thinner, hopefully Bogi’s plane-ticket to wherreever wants him is stamped, and they’re scouting a big body that can stop a lay_up line.
This is honestly the most hilarious part of the Willie hate here.. This absurd notion that he's easily replaceable.. Like he isn't some extremely scarce asset... Like 7-footers more suitable for this team are growin on trees.... Like there's some long list of guys in the next bunch of drafts who qualify lol..

But i mean, when it comes to willie, there is a sizable difference of opinion on the kings fans on this forum between the ones who post about college ball, and those who just post about the NBA... that is really a key perspective too, when it comes to scarcity.. if u only watch the NBA ur a bit spoiled with the play of the C's tbh.

lemme save u guys literally years of heartache and tell u that the replacements available for Willie aren't suitable, and most will fail your 'holding the feet to the fire' upon closer inspection far worse than willie will.. THE GRASS ISN'T GREENER...

Not following the relying too heavily on mid range game or driving to the rim comment. Or are you saying this vs. pick and roll?
That vs. pick and roll because pnr will create the easiest option for player movement on both ends. You force the defense to react and your team can find a rhythm without having to utilize 5 moving pieces at once. The Kings still tend to set the ball up at the elbow first and faceup, handoff, or run curl screens. They also set the ball up in the post through players like Willie where that's not really making your team as dangerous as it can be. A lot of times they run a pick and roll with there only being enough time to get a single option out of it. If the Kings reverse that and instead run more middle pick and roll early in the clock I think the moments where the other teams adjustments defensively totally shut down the Kings will be less frequent. When the defense focuses their efforts towards that then run it up the gut, or run some post action, etc. Tonight was obviously partly a youth thing though, not totally strategic, but again, quarters like that have been a big problem this year. Usually it's the 2nd or the 3rd, not the 4th, but the same nonetheless.

Did you watch the 4th quarter? What exactly did Bjelly do for the Kings in his final shift? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.... Pretty sure he made one good pass and thats it... and stood there like a turnstile on defense...

If anything what happened at the end of the 4th is a demonstration of things to come WITHOUT willie... PPL here dont wanna digest that kinda truth just minutes after a loss like this tho.
There are 20 other centers right now that easily add more value the Willie. The guy is about as valuable as javahle McGee. Both guys are very athletic and as smart as a bag of bricks

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
This is honestly the most hilarious part of the Willie hate here.. This absurd notion that he's easily replaceable.. Like he isn't some extremely scarce asset... Like 7-footers more suitable for this team are growin on trees.... Like there's some long list of guys in the next bunch of drafts who qualify lol..

But i mean, when it comes to willie, there is a sizable difference of opinion on the kings fans on this forum between the ones who post about college ball, and those who just post about the NBA... that is really a key perspective too, when it comes to scarcity.. if u only watch the NBA ur a bit spoiled with the play of the C's tbh.

lemme save u guys literally years of heartache and tell u that the replacements available for Willie aren't suitable, and most will fail your 'holding the feet to the fire' upon closer inspection far worse than willie will..
The issue I have with Willie is that while on paper he fits all the boxes we need in a big for our system, he's so inconsistent and has so many truly astounding brainfarts that I'm not sure that the Kings are better served getting a guy who's a worse fit but gives you the same performance every night. Some nights WCS will play the enforcer role but other nights he'll pretty much let anyone get to the rim.

SLAB

Hall of Famer

lemme save u guys literally years of heartache and tell u that the replacements available for Willie aren't suitable, and most will fail your 'holding the feet to the fire' upon closer inspection far worse than willie will.. THE GRASS ISN'T GREENER...
I’ll take Willie all day as Giles future backup for the appropriate amount of backup dollars.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I’ll take Willie all day as Giles future backup for the appropriate amount of backup dollars.
Yeah, my big fear is that some team is going to strike out on a free agent target and have extra money to spend and just throw it all at Willie (I could see the Mavs doing this for some reason) and drive up his price to untenable levels.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
The anti Serbian stuff in this thread is over the top. Let’s hope the mods step in and put a stop to you numskals.
Anti-Serbian stuff?

Calling Bjelica chubby and saying Bogi is bad isn't exactly leveling racial epithets. I've been a huge fan of both dudes at times this season but I'm going to call them out when they're playing like someone gave them a concussion in the locker room.

The issue I have with Willie is that while on paper he fits all the boxes we need in a big for our system, he's so inconsistent and has so many truly astounding brainfarts that I'm not sure that the Kings are better served getting a guy who's a worse fit but gives you the same performance every night. Some nights WCS will play the enforcer role but other nights he'll pretty much let anyone get to the rim.
IMO Willie could be ELITE at what he does. With a team like the Rockets I see All-Star potential. In this system? No way. They use him like he's 80% skill and 20% athleticism. Flip it and you are heading more in the right direction.

"That could be a tough one to take but its a good opportunity for our guys to learn..........."

Love joerger.......
No no NO!

you can’t play that learning experience crap when you lose at home to the Nets even under normal circumstances...let alone when a 25 point fourth quarter lead was lost. Shouldn’t the Kings had learned this lesson about the “gas pedal” with the Suns game? Or any of their dozens of priceless moral victories that mostly feature big leads disappearing in little time?

If you keep playing it as a learning experience we’ll eventually think there is a learning disability...or maybe a teaching one

Status
Not open for further replies.