NCAA Basketball

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
My Fighting Illini won their 30th consecutive home game. Now that is home court advantage. Dee Brown (PG) got a career high 34 pts to carry the Illini because others were struggling offensively.

They beat Michigan State 60-50. Oh, did I mention that Michigan State is an offensive leader who averages about 80 pts per game? Fighting Illini defense (the best-IMHO) held them to 50 pts on about 30% shooting.

GO ILLINI!!

p.s. Did I mention that Illinois is 14-0?

Last edited:

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Mr. S£im Citrus said:
Damn the Illini, and damn the Big 10.

At least sloter went to Illinois; what's your excuse? :p
Hey, I have several relatives who went to Illinois...thank you very much......and you know it. ;)

dee brown was dropping threes like i have never seen in the first quarter. one was from freaking extremely far back. But i still pick nova to win it all, their lineup is too deep to fail. i hate duke.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
BibityBobtyBoom said:
dee brown was dropping threes like i have never seen in the first quarter. one was from freaking extremely far back. But i still pick nova to win it all, their lineup is too deep to fail. i hate duke.
One of the threes that Dee Brown hit was so deep that it was a Peja 3. It was well beyond what would have been the NBA line (if there had been an NBA line on the floor ;) ).

I'm still really hoping Cal can get a season together and play some good games. They already beat then #11 UCLA, that was good. And they are 9-3 until tonight. And they lost two of those games by a total of 5 points.

So I'm hopeful they can get ranked, but as long as they get into the NCAA Tourney, they can have a chance at some stardom.

By the way, a family friend of 16 years is going to Illinois right now and often takes photos of the basketball games. He's gotten to know Dee Brown really well and was really into how well the team was doing last year (and this year I assume). He's pretty darn good at the photography too.
( http://www.sportsshooter.com/members.html?id=4687 )

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
BobbyJ_for3! said:
I'm still really hoping Cal can get a season together and play some good games. They already beat then #11 UCLA, that was good. And they are 9-3 until tonight. And they lost two of those games by a total of 5 points.

So I'm hopeful they can get ranked, but as long as they get into the NCAA Tourney, they can have a chance at some stardom.

By the way, a family friend of 16 years is going to Illinois right now and often takes photos of the basketball games. He's gotten to know Dee Brown really well and was really into how well the team was doing last year (and this year I assume). He's pretty darn good at the photography too.
( http://www.sportsshooter.com/members.html?id=4687 )
Cool! Thanks for sharing the link, BobbyJ.

foye and alan sucked!!!!!!!! that was sad, duke may have a leveled path to the championship now. the only teams that i see that have a chance are illionis, maybe florida but i doubt it. I think dee browns broken leg was a blessing for him so far.

Horns ranked #5. Really choked earlier in the season against Duke and the game following. Would be awesome if Vince Young goes in top 3(NFL) and LaMarcus Aldridge goes #1(NBA) as projected. These Texas programs are really producing some talent right now.

C

Coach

Maybe they could even match the University of Utah:

#1 pick in football: Alex Smith
#1 pick in basketball: Andrew Bogut

Coach said:
Maybe they could even match the University of Utah:

#1 pick in football: Alex Smith
#1 pick in basketball: Andrew Bogut
Yes, that would be quite an accomplishment. Our baseball program will be defending their title this season as well, so it would be neat to see someone on that team enter the MLB.

Both teams are pretty good. I don't think they win by 20, prolly be another close one.

It sure is nice to see some Big10 dominance in the rankings this year.

BigWaxer said:
Both teams are pretty good. I don't think they win by 20, prolly be another close one.
Considering the Illini record in the Assembly Hall in the last 5 years (1st in the nation) I seriously doubt that the Hoosiers will be the team to break the streak.

UT KILLED Texas Tech last night 80-46. thats an amazing score. They are really playing good ball right now. They may redeem themselves from that embarrassing performance vs Duke yet.

Not a lot of people are taking notice...but the San Diego State Aztecs have won 5 games in a row and are 6-1 in conference play. It would be really neat to see them in March Madness.

The campus is totally abuzz about the team...especially Marcus Slaughter, who likely has the NBA in his future.

PJAZZ19 said:
Not a lot of people are taking notice...but the San Diego State Aztecs have won 5 games in a row and are 6-1 in conference play. It would be really neat to see them in March Madness.

The campus is totally abuzz about the team...especially Marcus Slaughter, who likely has the NBA in his future.
Woo, go Aztecs:)

Does anyone smell a sleeper for the final four?

atxrocker said:
#23 UNC pulled one out over Florida State today scoring 81-80 winning with Terry's free throws. Really great game.
And then Florida State beat Wake Forest at WF...

Here's hoping that they'll be dancing come March time...

JonBoy418 said:
And then Florida State beat Wake Forest at WF...

Here's hoping that they'll be dancing come March time...
Quite a game today between Washington and Stanford. Chris Hernandez hit three clutch freethrows with no time remaining to send the game to OT, where Stanford dominated. Foul call was questionable, but Hernandez showed incredible poise at the stripe with the game on the line. The Fox Sports comentators were knuckleheads - they were talking about how the game was over when Roy was at the freethrow line for Washington with 2 seconds left and Washington had a 1 point lead - a commentator should know that when it's a one possession game, anything is possible.

Anyways this game marks a major step for Stanford's tourny hopes. They suffered a tight loss in OT at Arizona last week, but they have bounced back nicely, winning 3 in a row. They are still going to have to beat Adam Morrison and the Zags though if they want a legit shot at dancing, or else they'll need to win the Pac-10 which will be all but impossible with Washington, Arizona, and UCLA in the mix.

Could be an interesting last month of the season though.

And by the way, look at all the upsets lately! Seeded teams falling left and right!