[NBA] Western Conference Semifinals

Who advances to the Western Conference Finals?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yep, that's pretty bad. Normally Harden is swinging his legs all around and truthfully he did a bit when viewed from the other angle but there is no question about that being a foul and dangerous too.

It also has to be said for the first time this year that I've seen the Rockets went away from their identity. They tried to grind their way to victory and the 3's they did take are ones they seemed to not really want to take. If they remember who they are they might win this series.
That one was a foul but Mark Jackson was calling for a foul on his final shot of the game and there's no way that was a foul. I don't know if there's a clip anywhere but before the defender even makes contact with Harden, he's like falling down at a 45* angle for no reason other than to trick the refs into thinking he got fouled. Watch it and pause it before I think it's Draymond that contests the shot. Harden is in a completely goofy unnatural position on his way down. Basically falling down on purpose.

It's so annoying watching him and Steph fall down after every 3 point attempt. Did these guys forget how to use their legs when landing after a 3? Harden falls down with regularity and Steph falls down nearly every time and scoots on his ass backwards about 5ft.

I hate acting.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
That one was a foul but Mark Jackson was calling for a foul on his final shot of the game and there's no way that was a foul. I don't know if there's a clip anywhere but before the defender even makes contact with Harden, he's like falling down at a 45* angle for no reason other than to trick the refs into thinking he got fouled. Watch it and pause it before I think it's Draymond that contests the shot. Harden is in a completely goofy unnatural position on his way down. Basically falling down on purpose.

It's so annoying watching him and Steph fall down after every 3 point attempt. Did these guys forget how to use their legs when landing after a 3? Harden falls down with regularity and Steph falls down nearly every time and scoots on his ass backwards about 5ft.

I hate acting.
To be fair, Steph is only falling down every possession because his legs are made of brittle brittle glass

I hate acting.
ESPN did a video analysis showing Draymond jumping then landing close to where he took off whereas The Chucker landed 3 feet forward from where he left. No chance that was a foul.

The ABC crew and the Rockets don’t seem to want to acknowledge that Harden pushes off nearly every time. A couple of those questionable plays were preceded by blatant push offs to get space. But they ignored it and only talked about what followed.

Harden puts his shoulder into the defender then pushes off with his elbow. He did it to Looney twice on one play.

Of course his other go to move is the patented 3-4 step travel on a step back or going to the hoop.

That dude has absolutely no standing to be questioning the officiating. If the refs were actually to call a game fairly, he wouldn’t like the outcome. He already bitched earlier this year about one particular ref having it out for him for having the audacity to it.

Harden had his head buried in his arms during the press conference. If you take away even some of his acting and ignore it, he is much less effective. In the playoffs, the play is harder and the officiating is looser. He is the worst thing in the NBA when it comes to trends and how to play the game.

ESPN did a video analysis showing Draymond jumping then landing close to where he took off whereas The Chucker landed 3 feet forward from where he left. No chance that was a foul.

The ABC crew and the Rockets don’t seem to want to acknowledge that Harden pushes off nearly every time. A couple of those questionable plays were preceded by blatant push offs to get space. But they ignored it and only talked about what followed.

Harden puts his shoulder into the defender then pushes off with his elbow. He did it to Looney twice on one play.

Of course his other go to move is the patented 3-4 step travel on a step back or going to the hoop.

That dude has absolutely no standing to be questioning the officiating. If the refs were actually to call a game fairly, he wouldn’t like the outcome. He already bitched earlier this year about one particular ref having it out for him for having the audacity to it.
All 3 attempts vs Klay were clear obvious fouls I’ve yet to hear anyone complain on the green one

All 3 attempts vs Klay were clear obvious fouls I’ve yet to hear anyone complain on the green one
The ABC crew was complaining about it during the replay. All they focused on was the landing, which was more Harden’s fault than Green’s. But what irritated me most was completely ignoring the shoulder and push off before it.

I watched him do it at least 6 times the last 6 minutes of the game so I’m sure I was more sensitive to it. I just can’t believe what they allow that guy to get away with. Because of that, he has no cause to complain about officiating. Ever. If they ever called a game completely accurate and fair, Harden wouldn’t like that outcome.

Watching these playoffs every team has that 1 specific player who just sucks in the playoffs. I think that player for us would be Bogdan. Anyone else wonder if Will Barton will show up tonight?

I really had my doubts about Playoff Jokic, but just wow, I am really surprised.. he is still defensive liability, but he got a bit better even in that department, and he makes for it on offense..

makes me wonder though, if Vlade was a GM during that draft, would he try to get Jokic.. we will never know, but my reasoning says he would..

I really had my doubts about Playoff Jokic, but just wow, I am really surprised.. he is still defensive liability, but he got a bit better even in that department, and he makes for it on offense..

makes me wonder though, if Vlade was a GM during that draft, would he try to get Jokic.. we will never know, but my reasoning says he would..
I thought there was a rumour that Vlade tried to trade Cousins for Jokic.

Is it just me or does the team playing GSW always have one of their top players injured while playing the W's? No doubt the Hampton Five is one of the greatest teams ever assembled. That said injuries have made their road easier. I have lost track of all the injuries, but Kawhi and now Harden certainly stand out. I know there are others I am forgetting.

The Golden State Worriers have undeniable talent. Their defense gives Houston fits a lot of the time. Durant is unstoppable, but the other pieces are all there. They got great play from their bench last night, which some people think is their weakness. I don't see any weakness at all except that they are punks. They are not mentally tough. It will take a strong mental team to get to them and have a chance to beat them. Be physical with them. Push Green around and get some Ts. It will take a team that knows the mental game to have a chance. Houston is probably not that team.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Some NBA players have been complaining that Harden isn't being officiated the same in the playoffs than the regular season. They apparently want the playoff games to be reffed the same as the regular season and call the fouls on the defender when Harden swings his legs toward them. Maybe it should be just the opposite. How about if they officiate Harden next year during the regular season like they are doing now in the playoffs? He probably would get half the foul calls than he did last season. Did anyone notice that in this last game he did not swing his legs out toward the defender? What happened to that "natural" motion of his? It's all an act that he's perfected to rig the game. I'm so, so tired of it and am thrilled that the playoff refs aren't buying it.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Some NBA players have been complaining that Harden isn't being officiated the same in the playoffs than the regular season. They apparently want the playoff games to be reffed the same as the regular season and call the fouls on the defender when Harden swings his legs toward them. Maybe it should be just the opposite. How about if they officiate Harden next year during the regular season like they are doing now in the playoffs? He probably would get half the foul calls than he did last season. Did anyone notice that in this last game he did not swing his legs out toward the defender? What happened to that "natural" motion of his? It's all an act that he's perfected to rig the game. I'm so, so tired of it and am thrilled that the playoff refs aren't buying it.
so what you are essentially saying is that "Playoff Harden" is a real thing and not just a myth? :eek:

Houston have to focus on the game and getting their two wins at home.

They are far too encapsulated in the sub plots; the refereeing, the trash talking etc and its taking away from their purpose.

To beat Golden state you need to be dialed in at 110% and i am not seeing it from Houston. They have time but they need to go home and take care of business

kingsboi

Hall of Famer

They are far too encapsulated in the sub plots; the refereeing, the trash talking etc and its taking away from their purpose.

To beat Golden state you need to be dialed in at 110% and i am not seeing it from Houston. They have time but they need to go home and take care of business
Kerr finally stopped messing around and stopped starting the sloth Bogut and inserted Iggy and put Dray at the 5.

Yup, and that's the issue with the Rockets or any other team against the Warriors. Even a highly capable team like the Rockets have to play almost perfect in order to beat them in the playoffs.

The Warriors have 3 guys that can drop 40 and take over on any given day. The Rockets have only 1. CP3 has always been fool's gold and at this point in his career, he is no more than a good starter quality player who may have a great day once in a while.

Looking forward to KD going to the Knicks or Clippers next year so there can be some real competition, dogfight style series in the league again.

Last edited:
Portland out shot Denver by what seemed like a lot. I did not know that Kanter had such game. The Kings may have had a shot at him. The effort level was very high last night in this series. Some great basketball, but the defense is there making scoring tough. Jokic seemed to pass on a lot of shots. They are effective when he is scoring and passing. Lilliard and McCallum are great leaders.