[NBA] West Playoffs, Round Two

Who advances?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
If anything this game just proves that playing smothering defense while employing an offense juuuuuust competent enough for your star to shine is still a successful path in the modern NBA.

Luka willing his sub par mavs team into the next round.

makes all y’all wonder how far he could have taken this sub par kings team dont it?
This is an open league right now. The super teams took a major dump this year and for everyones sake hopefully they do next year. If the Lakers and Nets can't come back, Kawhi is never 100% again, and the Warriors don't stack up on ring chasers or their young talent doesn't bust out, it's wide open.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Given how poorly Luka got along with Rick Carlisle, Joerger would probably still have been out of a job by the end of his rookie season.
It's possible, Joerger certainly didn't ingratiate himself to anyone but he sure did seem to love Luka when he had to coach Bagley while also managing expectations of a playoff chase.

If anything this game just proves that playing smothering defense while employing an offense juuuuuust competent enough for your star to shine is still a successful path in the modern NBA.
Pick and roll has officially gone into hyper drive. The league might have to step in and put hand checking back in place or something, lol.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
so you're saying there's hope for a Brown defense and a Sabonis heavy offense?

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Mavs are using the same playbook they did against Gobert for Ayton. Dude absolutely refuses to abandon the paint on defense and is leaving shooters WIIIIIIIIIIIDE open. It's weird because he absolutely wasn't doing that last year when he was among the more switchable bigs in the league.

So I just turned on the game. Did the guy in charge of updating the suns score die or something? Scoreboard malfunction? Wtf is going on? Everyone excited about game 7s and we get 2 duds

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
The craziest thing is I feel like this series would have been over in 5 had the refs not completely taken Paul out of that early game.

Just run Fox/Sabonis pick and roll actions down the center of the court every play and get enough stops to stay in striking distance.
The Kings could potentially have the best of both worlds offensively. A great pnr duo at PG/C, and the ability to post up/iso from both spots. Mostly Fox in iso obviously, Domas ain't destroying length 1 on 1, we saw that. He's best catching the ball while in motion towards the rim. Now it's time to fill in that SG/SF spot with size and length like the rest of these teams.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
We had clowns in here saying it was justified to pass on Luka when dalla traded Dennis Smith lmao you know who you are
I'd have picked Luka.

I do think that the Bagley team had potential, it was quickly destroyed by infighting, injuries, and that stupid dad. I don't think I'd have predicted that.

I do think we'd be lucky to have Luka here beyond his second contract.

I'd still have picked him.

Status
Not open for further replies.