Who advances?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member

Phoenix Suns (1) vs. Dallas Mavericks (4)
Game 1: Mavericks at Suns, Monday, 10 p.m. (TNT)
Game 2: Mavericks at Suns, Wednesday, 10 p.m. (TNT)
Game 3: Suns at Mavericks, Friday, 9:30 p.m. (ESPN)
Game 4: Suns at Mavericks, Sunday, May 8, 3:30 p.m. (ESPN)
Game 5*: Mavericks at Suns, Tuesday, May 10, TBD (TNT)
Game 6*: Suns at Mavericks, Thursday, May 12, TBD (ESPN)
Game 7*: Mavericks at Suns, Sunday, May 15, TBD
*If necessary

Memphis Grizzlies (2) vs. Golden State Warriors (3)
Game 1: Warriors at Grizzlies, Sunday, 3:30 p.m. (ABC)
Game 2: Warriors at Grizzlies, Tuesday, 9:30 p.m. (TNT)
Game 3: Grizzlies at Warriors, Saturday, May 7, 8:30 p.m. (ABC)
Game 4: Grizzlies at Warriors, Monday, May 9, 10 p.m. (TNT)
Game 5*: Warriors at Grizzlies, Wednesday, May 11, TBD (TNT)
Game 6*: Grizzlies at Warriors, Friday, May 13, TBD (ESPN)
Game 7*: Warriors at Grizzlies, Monday, May 16, TBD (TNT)
*If necessary

Dray shouldn’t have been ejected
  • Flagrant Foul Penalty 2: Unnecessary and excessive contact committed by a player against an opponent
How is that not unnecessary and excessive contact when you were off-balance out of position desperately grabbed onto the attacker's collar to throw him to the ground as he tried to jump up to score?

That 0.5s second should've been argued- - may or may not have mattered, but it represented a bit of potential wasted. Thompson missing 2 FTs was not exploited. Grizzliies got beat on rebounding.

I was one of a few prior to the 2019 draft to predict Ja Morant to be the best player from that draft. I undersold him. He’s the best player from at least the past 3 drafts.

Jordan Poole has made a strong claim as the 2nd best player from the 2019 class.

I was one of a few prior to the 2019 draft to predict Ja Morant to be the best player from that draft. I undersold him. He’s the best player from at least the past 3 drafts.

Jordan Poole has made a strong claim as the 2nd best player from the 2019 class.
He's very good, but that was no Kobe Bryant at the end of that game. He was moving too fast to make a controlled shot.....here's where the extra 0.5s mattered. In his defense it was bad play design given the time left.

I mean, to be fair, Ja was getting slowed down in the Minny series game by game. Seemed like Minny figured out using their roster's length to really contest him and made it difficult for him. Especially and crucially in Game 4 when he only managed to score 11 points and had such a hard time crawling to a 17 points game in Game 5.

Obviously, he's still a kid and he'll probably figure it out. But I wouldn't say he's the "best player from at least the past 3 drafts" just yet.

I mean, to be fair, Ja was getting slowed down in the Minny series game by game. Seemed like Minny figured out using their roster's length to really contest him and made it difficult for him. Especially and crucially in Game 4 when he only managed to score 11 points and had such a hard time crawling to a 17 points game in Game 5.

Obviously, he's still a kid and he'll probably figure it out. But I wouldn't say he's the "best player from at least the past 3 drafts" just yet.
PG'S get shut down in the playoffs the deeper they advance(in particular smaller PGs) that's why any team that's winning it all has to be have an elite wing (most cases) or just insanely stacked teams. Even Curry has been locked down by guys like Delly in the playoffs

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I've been watching this fourth quarter and I don't think I've seen Ayton take a single shot, not sure how many minutes he's played in the quarter but it's as if he's not even out there

What do you mean, "to be fair"?
In what what way does Ja Morant being slowed down in a playoff series (by your estimation) undermine or discredit what I said??

Steph Curry has been slowed and disrupted by length. Many times. So has pretty much any player you can name. So I don't get the point.

Furthermore, Ja Morant is the #1 defensive focus of the opposition. What other player from the past 3 drafts is producing near the same as Ja Morant while being the primary focus of the oppositions defense and still leading his team to the 2nd best record in the league? And winning a playoff series??

The only legit contender would probably be LaMelo Ball. And he's coming nowhere close to individual and team success. And isn't the same caliber "go to" clutch player that Morant is.

So circling back to my statement, instead of just saying that you disagree, how about proposing the player or players you believe to be near equal or better.

Hell, I was being conservative in saying the past 3 drafts. I believe a valid argument could be made for the past 4 drafts. The only legit arguments I can see from the 2018 draft are Dončić and Young. But Ja is surely at that level too.

But as far as the past 3 drafts go, I don't see a really strong argument against it.

Last edited:
What do you mean, "to be fair"?
In what what way does Ja Morant being slowed down (in your estimation) undermine or discredit what I said??

Steph Curry has been slowed and disrupted by length. Many times. So has pretty much any player you can name. So I don't get the point.

Furthermore, Ja Morant is the #1 defensive focus of the opposition. What other player from the past 3 drafts is producing near the same as Ja Morant while being the primary focus of the oppositions defense and still leading his team to the 2nd best record in the league?

The only legit contender would probably be LaMelo Ball. And he's coming nowhere close to individual and team success. And isn't the same caliber "go to" clutch player that Morant is.

So circling back to my statement, instead of just saying that you disagree, how about proposing the player or players you believe to be anywhere near equal or better.

Hell, I was being conservative in saying the past 3 drafts. I believe a valid argument could be made for the past 4 drafts. The only legit arguments I can see from the 2018 draft are Dončić and Young. He's surely at that level and IMO a better all-around, more consistent player than Young.

But as far as the past 3 drafts go, I don't see a really strong argument against it.
Wait your not saying he's better than Fox?

Status
Not open for further replies.