NBA Playoffs, Conference Finals

Status
Not open for further replies.
WTF is Van Gundy talking about “spirit of rules”?! The ball was off Booker. He touched it last. It’s LA’s ball.
The defense hit it the ball sort of into the Booker's hand, so he did touch it last, but in real-time without slow-mo that poke which is commonplace gets called offensive team's ball 9 out of 10 times.

Saw 2 more booker/Kobe comparisons and a Jordan one. I figured I’d obviously post the correct comparison :p . Jk this one just kinda made me chuckle.

also props to him finishing that game with a possible broken nose. I’ve question his game but definitely can’t question his toughness. (I still hate his face tho :p)
I think a longer term solution is to unfollow whoever these people are you keep seeing this Kobe/Jordan stuff from. I must say though, seeing Booker pullup for elbow midrange jumpshots in Phoenix does bring back some big Kobe memories.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I think a longer term solution is to unfollow whoever these people are you keep seeing this Kobe/Jordan stuff from. I must say though, seeing Booker pullup for elbow midrange jumpshots in Phoenix does bring back some big Kobe memories.
I think as a pure scorer/bucket getter, Booker is probably the most Kobe-esque of this current generation of young stars. I don’t think he’ll ever be as good as Kobe because, well, Kobe was Kobe but he’s definitely elevated his game in this series.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I think as a pure scorer/bucket getter, Booker is probably the most Kobe-esque of this current generation of young stars. I don’t think he’ll ever be as good as Kobe because, well, Kobe was Kobe but he’s definitely elevated his game in this series.
I just wish that there were more players of Booker's generation who tried to pattern their game after LeBron James. Or Tim Duncan. Or Kevin Garnett. Or, hell, even Allen Iverson. I mean, no shade to the dead, but if there's anything that annoys me more than guys who try to copy Michael Jordan, it's guys who try to copy a copy of Michael Jordan.

Also, why are all the pro-management fans, who love to give front offices credit for a team's success, not showing any love for James Jones?
Well he did win executive of the year. Though I've also seen articles about Ryan McDonough this week, to check in how he's feeling about how it all. Which... kinda lame. Because going over the changes Jones made since inheriting the team pretty impressive. Actually there's a lot to digest there about what we should hope to see from Monte this offseason if a similar leap is doable, though keeping Luke around is definitely strike one.

Quick highlights
https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...formed-phoenix-suns-nba-contender/6362386002/

When Ryan McDonough was fired in October 2018, Phoenix had a struggling head coach in Igor Kokoskov and a cast of players whose skills and personalities were a bad mix. Some were young. Some were one-dimensional. Nobody was happy.
Jones waived Chandler and shipped Ariza to Washington for Oubre.
There were other moves, including adding Jamal Crawford and waiving guys who didn’t fit, but Jones mostly stood pat.
Then in the off-season, the fun started.
He fired Kokoskov after one of the worst seasons imaginable and replaced him with Monty Williams
Jones let Dragan Bender leave in free agency. He shipped out Josh Jackson, De’Anthony Melton and TJ Warren, adding only Jevon Carter in return.
Then Jones added Cameron Payne to back up Rubio, and when the Suns got to the NBA’s Disney Bubble they went undefeated.
It created an environment that could attract a player like Chris Paul, a 10-time all-star who was second team All-NBA last season.

That’s the worst part. I’m not following. It’s one of those Facebook suggestions that just pop up on my feed every few posts. I feel Zuckerberg knows my dislike for booker and is trolling me.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
He run into a backpick set by Booker. That was enough separation. There was nothing Zubac could do there other than teleport thorough Booker. It was a well designed and executed play.
Yeah on replay, it looks like Ayton both pulled him off balance and Booker rocked into him. In live action though, it looked like he was trying to fight under the screen for some reason.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
The dude won GM of the Year so it’s not like he’s not getting any credit for their turnaround.
Well he did win executive of the year.
I mean, I'm glad that he's getting respect from his peers, and even the voters. But, when I ask, "Why isn't anyone showing James Jones love?", those aren't the people I'm talking about.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I mean, I'm glad that he's getting respect from his peers, and even the voters. But, when I ask, "Why isn't anyone showing James Jones love?", those aren't the people I'm talking about.
i mean, those are the same sort of people who convinced themselves Danny Ainge was a good GM because the Nets went insane and traded a good half-dozen unprotected picks for the corpses of KG and Paul Pierce so who cares what they think.

Well, I asked the question, so I kinda do. At least to the extent of pointing out their hypocrisy.
Because I don't think they really know? Jeez, I didn't even know the extent of just how deep the overhaul was until I dug in because Booker and Ayton stand out so much, you see how much dead weight and high picks they just chucked.

Honestly it really flips a lot of conventional wisdom on its head. Both in terms of the Ainge acquiring a zillion assets only to sit on them and the Process. Philly at home while this guy flipped the franchise in 2 years. I think just going over the transaction list I will be a lot less reactionary if we ship Bagley and I don't like the trade this summer. I didn't like the pick and yet I accepted it and allowed it time to play out, so...

Status
Not open for further replies.