NBA Playoffs, Conference Finals

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Gin Blossoms are the band that fired their mentally ill songwriter just as they were about to hit it big, leading to his suicide yeah? I don't know if I can celebrate them dunking on some Nuggets dork.

The Eve 6 guy is a smash on Twitter though.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Gin Blossoms are the band that fired their mentally ill songwriter just as they were about to hit it big, leading to his suicide yeah? I don't know if I can celebrate them dunking on some Nuggets dork.
Let me ask this: do we know that they knew that he was mentally ill, when they fired him? Like, I don't feel like the Beatles catch **** for firing that one dude, before they got on.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Let me ask this: do we know that they knew that he was mentally ill, when they fired him? Like, I don't feel like the Beatles catch **** for firing that one dude, before they got on.
His depression was diagnosed when he was a kid, as typical he self medicated with alcohol. The band felt it was more important to advance their career than to get the guy who wrote Hey Jealousy and Found Out About You some help.

Which Beatle are we talking about? Stu Sutcliffe? I thought he left voluntarily to pursue his painting and died of an aneurysm. Not really the same. Pete Best (as far as I know alive and well)? I know people that insist that Ringo's drumming is what made the Beatles. Billy Preston?

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
His depression was diagnosed when he was a kid, as typical he self medicated with alcohol. The band felt it was more important to advance their career than to get the guy who wrote Hey Jealousy and Found Out About You some help.

Which Beatle are we talking about? Stu Sutcliffe? I thought he left voluntarily to pursue his painting and died of an aneurysm. Not really the same. Pete Best (as far as I know alive and well)? I know people that insist that Ringo's drumming is what made the Beatles. Billy Preston?
I wasn't looking for an apples-to-apples "The Beatles fired this dude, and then he also killed himself!" example. The reason why I asked the question is because, if they didn't know that he was mentally ill before they fired him (just because he was diagnosed as a kid doesn't mean that the band knew), then I don't think that they deserve any criticism for not getting the guy any help, much less for the guy killing himself, after they fired him.

And, incidentally, Pete Best was apparently the one I was thinking of.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
I wasn't looking for an apples-to-apples "The Beatles fired this dude, and then he also killed himself!" example. The reason why I asked the question is because, if they didn't know that he was mentally ill before they fired him (just because he was diagnosed as a kid doesn't mean that the band knew), then I don't think that they deserve any criticism for not getting the guy any help, much less for the guy killing himself, after they fired him.

And, incidentally, Pete Best was apparently the one I was thinking of.
I'm going to give you that they didn't have a crystal ball and couldn't have possibly known the end result. but as a musically inclined person, I do think it's rather lame to fire the person writing the songs. They stripped him of most of his royalties as well.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Anyways, enough about Gin Blossoms, should I watch this game?

also, really do check out Eve 6 guy's twitter :D

I 'd like to see a Suns/Hawks final. Possible....not sure the Hawks can beat the Bucks though. If the Clippers were full strength I think they'd win - will never know - such is the nature of sports.

Status
Not open for further replies.