NBA Lottery Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
My problem with this proposal is very likely all forward prospects (Wagner, Ziaire, Jalen Johnson) are gone at 16. And then most late 1st round guys are guards. We may end up drafting a big and guard. I won’t say it is bad outcome but we are desperate for a forward I would say.
Yeah if we could get a second pick somewhere or work a deal with one of our vets for both of OKCs 16/18 we could get one of the forwards and take some of the scraps. But I think that while the next 5-6 guys are all over the place, there's a definite drop in quality and its mostly wings with various upsides with one huge hole. I would love to have 2-3 picks as long as one of them is our 9 or higher so that we could take a guy like Wagner who I think fits our needs especially if we lose front court depth as expected but still grab a development prospect with upside especially if someone falls deep.

Giving up Brogdon is easier when you have players in the wing to take over.
Wow, you’re really sticking with this take huh? You know what REALLY makes giving up brogdon easier? Giving him up for a 3 time allstar, 2 time all def first team pg that is an upgrade at his position. Not because you have a couple back up pg that avg a career 7 ppg and 5 ppg. They want to trade brogdon for simmons. A pg for a pg. having holiday and sumner have absolutely crap to do with the trade because they don’t move up in the depth chart because you’re replacing brogdon with a better player at his own position.

Wow, you’re really sticking with this take huh? You know what REALLY makes giving up brogdon easier? Giving him up for a 3 time allstar, 2 time all def first team pg that is an upgrade at his position. Not because you have a couple back up pg that avg a career 7 ppg and 5 ppg. They want to trade brogdon for simmons. A pg for a pg. having holiday and sumner have absolutely crap to do with the trade because they don’t move up in the depth chart because you’re replacing brogdon with a better player at his own position.
Stop trying to twist sh*t. No where did I say they were trying to get rid of Brogdon. I said they were offering Brogdon for Simmons, because they had Holliday and Summers in the wings. Like, you know, in order to get a three time all star, who plays all nba defense, you need to give up value to get value. It makes it easier to give up value when you got players that you like in the wings to play Brogdon’s position.

Last edited:
I for one am very excited to see your NBA team of Edmond Sumner, James Bouknight and Hassan Whiteside take the floor and dominate the NBA
Hali, Bouknight, Simmons, Barnes, Whiteside with Summers (n #28) coming off the bench would beat Fox, Buddy, Barnes, Bagley, n Holmes with Hali and #9 coming off the bench. Team one is jumbo sized at each position, plays above average defense, has three ball handlers, and can switch 1 to 4 on defense. Team two has one ball handler, two undersized players, and would continue to play the worse nba defense in history.

Last edited:
Hali, Bouknight, Simmons, Barnes, Whiteside with Summers (n #28) coming off the bench would beat Fox, Buddy, Barnes, Bagley, n Holmes with Hali and #9 coming off the bench. Team one is jumbo sized at each position, plays above average defense, has three ball handlers, and can switch 1 to 4 on defense. Team two has one ball handler, two undersized players, and would continue to play the worse nba defense in history.
Like I said, can't wait to see this team be put on the court since it's such a slam dunk to be awesome.

Like I said, can't wait to see this team be put on the court since it's such a slam dunk to be awesome.
Well, my team may suck or they may be awesome, but we certainly know your version will play historically bad defense and will likely miss the playoffs again.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Stop trying to twist sh*t. No where did I say they were trying to get rid of Brogdon. I said they were offering Brogdon for Simmons, because they had Holliday and Summers in the wings. Like, you know, in order to get a three time all star, who plays all nba defense, you need to give up value to get value. It makes it easier to give up value when you got players that you like in the wings to play Brogdon’s position.
A major, ignored point of the post you were replying to is that it is already easy to give up value when you are getting an upgrade in return.

Apparently, the Bailey of "Sumner has more value than Hield" has now officially retreated to the Motte of "Sumner is a good enough backup that the Pacers are comfortable upgrading the guy in front of him".

A major, ignored point of the post you were replying to is that it is already easy to give up value when you are getting an upgrade in return.

Apparently, the Bailey of "Sumner has more value than Hield" has now officially retreated to the Motte of "Sumner is a good enough backup that the Pacers are comfortable upgrading the guy in front of him".
I'm not the person twisting the argument to Sumner is better than Brogdon. That is essentially what Steelvert is implying. That's a big jump no matter how you try to reason it.

And, yea, I stand by my position that Summner has more value than Buddy. Factor in the players themselves and the salary. Salaries matter. Tobias Harris unequivocally is a better player than Harrison Barnes, but 99% of the people on this board would not trade Barnes for Harris. While 99% of Philly fans would. Buddy doesn't have the kind of value that most on here assume, because he's overpaid, refuses to play his best role, and does Buddy things. Summner has more value than him and is exactly the type of player that McNair should be targeting: undervalued, young, ascending, plays two ways, and cheap.

I’d trade Barnes for Harris (and I know Harris is grossly overpayed and would want some pot sweetener). But I think the Kings need an alpha scorer in the front court and Harris foots the Bill better that Barnes (or Bagley).

I also like Barnes a lot (he was really good last season). And I’m interested in whether the Pacer’s make a push for him with Rick Carlisle there now.

I'm not the person twisting the argument to Sumner is better than Brogdon. That is essentially what Steelvert is implying. That's a big jump no matter how you try to reason it.

And, yea, I stand by my position that Summner has more value than Buddy. Factor in the players themselves and the salary. Salaries matter. Tobias Harris unequivocally is a better player than Harrison Barnes, but 99% of the people on this board would not trade Barnes for Harris. While 99% of Philly fans would. Buddy doesn't have the kind of value that most on here assume, because he's overpaid, refuses to play his best role, and does Buddy things. Summner has more value than him and is exactly the type of player that McNair should be targeting: undervalued, young, ascending, plays two ways, and cheap.
The G League is littered with players like Summner. You would be hard pressed to find a team willing to give up a 2nd round pick for him when they can just offer a 10 day contract to someone from the G League or overseas.

I’d trade Barnes for Harris (and I know Harris is grossly overpayed and would want some pot sweetener). But I think the Kings need an alpha scorer in the front court and Harris foots the Bill better that Barnes (or Bagley).

I also like Barnes a lot (he was really good last season). And I’m interested in whether the Pacer’s make a push for him with Rick Carlisle there now.
That Harris contract is a tough swallow. Buddy would likely need to be throw in to make the salaries work. But don't think #28 is enough to take on that contract.

He didn't imply any such thing. He made it clear that the reason Brogdan was made available was because they were getting a better player (Simmons) in return. He even said that Summner and Holiday had zero to do with it because their status as backup guards would remain the same.

The G League is littered with players like Summner. You would be hard pressed to find a team willing to give up a 2nd round pick for him when they can just offer a 10 day contract to someone from the G League or overseas.
Have you watched him? He's a steal at $2.5M per year and started about 30% of their games. At times playing the 3. Just needs playing time to average 15, 5, 5, 2. That Indy team was a head scratcher last year. Lots of in team turmoil lead to a sour season, but individually, they're stacked with talent.

He didn't imply any such thing. He made it clear that the reason Brogdan was made available was because they were getting a better player (Simmons) in return. He even said that Summner and Holiday had zero to do with it because their status as backup guards would remain the same.
Yes, he did. Because Simmons wouldn't be the PG. He'd be playing the 4 for that team. The one spot would be occupied by Holiday, Sumner, and maybe McConnell (depending on what they do with him).

Have you watched him? He's a steal at $2.5M per year and started about 30% of their games. At times playing the 3. Just needs playing time to average 15, 5, 5, 2. That Indy team was a head scratcher last year. Lots of in team turmoil lead to a sour season, but individually, they're stacked with talent.
When he goes out and puts up those numbers, then he will be worth more. He hasyet to do so at this point. I have seen way too many players look good in limited minutes to assume they are all the sudden much better than they have shown.

Yes, he did. Because Simmons wouldn't be the PG. He'd be playing the 4 for that team. The one spot would be occupied by Holiday, Sumner, and maybe McConnell (depending on what they do with him).
Simmons is a PG. To use him as a PF would be a complete waste of his abilities on offense. If that is their plan (which I highly doubt) then theyshould just keep Brogdan.

What do you think a deal for Colin Sexton would entail?
I know with Fox and Hali its not a good fit but I'm just curious what you think his value is..?

Status
Not open for further replies.