NBA Lottery Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Sengun is dunking on "Turkish scrubs", what are Mobley and Cade doing? Sengun is playing against a higher level of competition despite your ignorance.
On average I'd take Collegiate players thrice over Turkish "Pro' players, and NBA players 6x over Turkish 'pros'....there's a reason the best Turkish prospect is 15th in the NBA draft. Will put Jimmer over in Turkville and watch him average 40

If Sengun is dunking on "Turkish scrubs", what are Mobley and Cade doing? Sengun is playing against a higher level of competition despite your ignorance.
Where do you think the leftover 5th and 6th and bench college players play 'pro'? - places like Turkey, Korea, Greece and Japan. They look pretty good in C league. They're not even in the G league. It's like MLS soccer. You have a 20+ team US league with maybe a handful who make it to European teams.

Last edited:
On average I'd take Collegiate players thrice over Turkish "Pro' players, and NBA players 6x over Turkish 'pros'....there's a reason the best Turkish prospect is 15th in the NBA draft. Will put Jimmer over in Turkville and watch him average 40
But Jimmer also dominated college. The point is that the average college players aren't better than the Turkish pros. China is also diff from Turkish or Euroleague.

Where do you think the leftover 5th and 6th and bench college players play 'pro'? - places like Turkey, Korea, Greece and Japan. They look pretty good in C league. They're not even in the G league. It's like MLS soccer. You have a 20+ team US league with maybe a handful who make it to European teams.
They don't lol. They go on to have normal jobs, grow fat and talk about how they played D3 ball when they were young.

Lumping Turkey in with Korea and Japan? Not everywhere outside of the US is the same, guy.

I'm not going to argue with you, waste of time.

Yes but the reasoning stated was "competition". You're making too much sense.
Well not exactly. One reason they wouldn't be getting a particularly high pay is because they aren't NBA level players. So yes, some of the better fringe players could probably play in some of the tier 2 pro leagues, but they wouldn't be stars there like you're suggesting.

Drafting centers/bigs has gone so well for Sacramento, why not take another one who can’t play D.
It’s not clear he’ll be a bad defender. And rebounding is part of defending. He grabs boards. Also - when teams want to go small - he’s going to be a handful on offense. And defense is way better after a made basket.

It’s not clear he’ll be a bad defender. And rebounding is part of defending. He grabs boards. Also - when teams want to go small - he’s going to be a handful on offense. And defense is way better after a made basket.
yeh his defense is going to be a lot better than the rhetoric in my opinion. I’ll be happy with him, Wagner, Moody or Kuminga at the 9.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Given that we've got an actual draft thread, and that this lottery thread is really old, and that we've apparently gone to where somebody thinks "Turkville" is OK, I'm closing this thread.

Don't expect to say thinks like "Turkville" in the draft thread and not get a thread ban.

Status
Not open for further replies.