Who advances?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Teej had a flag football game so I knew it was tied at half and got into car and put the BOS radio feed on - every time the Celts extended the lead it sounded like Philly made a run, those announcers are doomers for a team up 25.

I LOVE this. Y'all know how I feel about Philly and can kind of get into Boston. Took me two weeks after the Kings and Bruins but I'm here now.

Crazy that Tatum was 4 minutes away from being the laughing stock of the offseason in Game 6 to being the talk of the league with his close to game 6 and now dominant game 7

Game 7 Tatum Sheesh.. What a massacre that 3rd q was.. Tatum cant miss

He looked like he saw a ghost, never saw him so despondent looking in game 6 what a response.

76ers may be at a crossroads
And this is like the 3rd one! This is one of those things where how do you improve now? They're staring up at the top now. They built a legit superteam when they got Butler then chose Simmons over him. It might not have seemed like doom at the time but we know how that ended. Now Harden is basically pressuring them to give him all the bag by using his old team as leverage? wow, hahaha. They will either get desperate or just sit in the middle. It would be almost impossible to see Harden as addition by subtraction at this point.

And this is like the 3rd one! This is one of those things where how do you improve now? They're staring up at the top now. They built a legit superteam when they got Butler then chose Simmons over him. It might not have seemed like doom at the time but we know how that ended. Now Harden is basically pressuring them to give him all the bag by using his old team as leverage? wow, hahaha. They will either get desperate or just sit in the middle. It would be almost impossible to see Harden as addition by subtraction at this point.
Trade Doc Rivers back to the Clippers again for Ty Lue

I’ll defend the Sixers a bit. The series was great and this game was tight until the Celtics hit 5 or 6 threes in short stretch and the game was essentially over. They gassed out first unfortunately for them.

Wife is a Boston fan but I just can’t come around to rooting for either of the remaining East team

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
They have the current MVP on their squad, a good coach, a couple of very good young guards in Maxey and Melton, and just one year left of that Tobias Harris albatross contract. James Harden having another poor Game 7 is a bit concerning given that it feeds an existing narrative but like others have said, Tatum was in line for all the smoke until he suddenly came alive at the end of Game 6 to extend Boston's season and now he gets to be the hero. Steph Curry very nearly ended the Warriors season with his TO at the end of Game 4 in our series and then he ended up having that huge Game 7. Harden didn't have a great series overall but he carried them in Game 1 without Joel and had two games of 40+ points so his poor shooting in Game 7 isn't indicative of anything other than bad timing.

Then again, this is the NBA so panic and overreaction is pretty much a given right?

They have the current MVP on their squad, a good coach, a couple of very good young guards in Maxey and Melton, and just one year left of that Tobias Harris albatross contract. James Harden having another poor Game 7 is a bit concerning given that it feeds an existing narrative but like others have said, Tatum was in line for all the smoke until he suddenly came alive at the end of Game 6 to extend Boston's season and now he gets to be the hero. Steph Curry very nearly ended the Warriors season with his TO at the end of Game 4 in our series and then he ended up having that huge Game 7. Harden didn't have a great series overall but he carried them in Game 1 without Joel and had two games of 40+ points so his poor shooting in Game 7 isn't indicative of anything other than bad timing.

Then again, this is the NBA so panic and overreaction is pretty much a given right?
If this were their first go around it would be something else. They do still have talent but they are definitely heading into gambling range. If they sign Harden to a max deal, what does Harris coming off the books do? See how that works? This will basically be their 3rd iteration. If Embiid is cool with a partial reset that would be the best course of action but definitely means letting Harden walk. We'll see, never know they could work some Lakers magic and fill a bunch of holes with teams stepping up to help.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
unfortunate ending for Philly. Embiid has yet to make it to the conference finals and he's one of the few players in the association I enjoy watching. Harden was a no show the last two games.

Harden is a cancer for any team he would play. Not a locker room type cancer but on the floor. When he played for the Rockets he sucked up all the energy that his teammates had despite he scored tons of points. Same story in Philly.
If they offer him to the Kings for free, i still wouldn’t want him.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
If this were their first go around it would be something else. They do still have talent but they are definitely heading into gambling range. If they sign Harden to a max deal, what does Harris coming off the books do? See how that works? This will basically be their 3rd iteration. If Embiid is cool with a partial reset that would be the best course of action but definitely means letting Harden walk. We'll see, never know they could work some Lakers magic and fill a bunch of holes with teams stepping up to help.
Tobias Harris' $40 million per coming off the books means they can afford to keep Tyrese Maxey when his rookie deal ends -- which is a big deal. He looks like he's going to be an All-Star at some point in his career. Melton is quietly one of the best defenders in the league. Embiid is an MVP. Harden is a former MVP who is still capable of scoring 40 in the playoffs against a good team. He has a lot of flaws but he's giving them more of a chance to get to the Finals than Ben Simmons was so they've at least bounced back a little from the Jimmy Butler blunder.

I've clowned on the Sixers a lot in the past over their playoff futility but just looking at this roster, I think they have enough juice to remain competitive for at least another 5 years. If they'd gotten swept, that's cause for concern but losing a Game 7 to last year's Eastern Conference champ? It's a missed opportunity just like our series loss was for us but they should at least be confident that they have a mix of players which is working. As long as they can keep Embiid healthy they'll be in the mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.