NBA Draft Lottery

What pick will we end up with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Also, here's where Monte (potentially) not having job security can come into play. Can he afford to draft Sharpe, who might take a couple years to fully develop? I'm pretty confident Murray is going to a strong candidate for the ROY, regardless of what team he ends up on. Sharpe more than likely will need time to adjust to the higher level comp and you have to figure out Ivey getting time with Fox/Mitchell and the DDV RFA looming. Murray fills a starter slot right away and can play with all of the established core. And he very well might just be BPA anyway, so filling that positiona value and drafting the archetype makes a ton of sense.
I'm not sure if anyone in this draft at that point of it isn't going to come in and be able to provide something. Sharpe is a beast physically. Murray has a smooth scoring instinct but he's got questions too about beating guys off the dribble, being a stretch 4 who some think needs to play some 5, and his switch capabilities. He's got great length, but he's also far from the best athlete and is going to get caught in pick and rolls on D. For a team to get the max potential out of him he needs to be putting up points. To me he's the biggest risk of getting put into a Marvin Bagley situation since he projects as a PF on a team again, trying to win. Still wouldn't mind him though, just not above Ivey or Sharpe.

Players I would love to see..
1. Keegan Murray
2. Johnny Davis
3. Chet Holmgren

Players I don't want....
1. Shaedon Sharpe
2. Benedict Mathurin
3. Paolo Banchero

On the fence..
1. Jaden Ivey

No chance we will get...
1. Jabari Smith

We could also trade the pick as well.. I would be fine with that as long as it was for someone who could help us win now. I am tired of other teams having three full rebuilds before we are even halfway done with our first rebuild.

Nice to see some good news in Kingsland. I'm a big fan of Keegan Murray's, so I agree with many that he'd be an excellent selection at 4. I think he'd be in the top-3 discussion if not for his age. Figured he wasn't going to be available if the Kings were picking at 7/8, so now they should be in range to take him. Pleased as punch about that. I say take Murray and go home, or wrestle assets from a team who wants to move up to pick Jaden Ivey. I just hope Monte avoids the lure of Ivey himself, who I'm not the biggest fan of.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
From what I've seen lately Mathurin is falling. Murray I can see but he lacks the athletic upside of Ivey or Banchero. I'd honestly probably gamble on Ivey over maybe even Banchero at this point. He has the tools to be an elite 2 way guard and actually fit well next to Fox.
I could see McNair picking Ivey. I just don't think Banchero is there at #4.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
From what I've seen lately Mathurin is falling. Murray I can see but he lacks the athletic upside of Ivey or Banchero. I'd honestly probably gamble on Ivey over maybe even Banchero at this point. He has the tools to be an elite 2 way guard and actually fit well next to Fox.
I guarantee you that Murray is a better athlete than Banchero, and personally, I would take him over Banchero, but at four, to me it's a no brainer! I take Murray and go home happy. Murray is a perfect fit for our team. We need stretch four and someone that can defend that position, and Murray fills that bill. I like Ivey, but I have Murray and Ivey in the same grouping, and so if I think they're equal talent, then I take the player who is the best fit.

I guarantee you that Murray is a better athlete than Banchero, and personally, I would take him over Banchero, but at four, to me it's a no brainer! I take Murray and go home happy. Murray is a perfect fit for our team. We need stretch four and someone that can defend that position, and Murray fills that bill. I like Ivey, but I have Murray and Ivey in the same grouping, and so if I think they're equal talent, then I take the player who is the best fit.
Banchero at 6'10" 250 is a different type of athlete entirely. I can see an argument to like Murray over Banchero being both are more 4's than 3's. Murray to me is a bit like Barnes. As of now, the Kings do not have a single top prospect at SG. Both would fit IMO.

Vecenie and Pennie on their post-lotto mock took Ivey for us at 4. Basically he's BPA on their board, they think there's a good chance we actively shop the pick. They didn't think the overall best fit, but with how guard/wing heavy the NBA is and what's winning in the playoffs, adding their BPA guard makes the most sense.

Pennie also talked super highly on Murray. Thinks he's a top 5 prospect and he drafted him to the Pistons at 5.

The last time the Kings picked at #4, we missed on Steph Curry! Oh noes!
To this day I still mock one of my best friends with whom I disagreed back during that draft.

He eventually talked me into being OK with the Tyreke selection and had bragging rights for the first year plus. But ever since year 4 or so, he’s had nothing to say to me except “you were right”.

I wasn’t totally right, though. I never expected Steph to be transcendent. I just felt he would be a better playmaking version of Mike Bibby.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
is that right?

we moved up for Fox and Bagley.

We picked once in our history - perhaps we were truly the worst team in the league but still a #1 overall is as big a deal as staying in place since the odds are against staying at #1, and Billy Owens was #3 (right?) which also represents a lotto win regardless of moving up or down.

But yeah, that's about it as far as I recall. 5 picks in the top3/4, one of which was relocated to #5 via trade swap.

Agreed. I don't see Sharpe as a logical target if McNair really has a win now objective. Whether he's as talented as billed or not, he's essentially coming from HS level competition to the NBA. Outside of LeBron level talents, that's a multi-year adjustment period.

I'm a bit wary of Murray - he puts up massive numbers but doesn't pop when I watch him - but he's a much more likely McNair pick than Sharpe.
i don’t like that Murray is the “safe” pick. That means he isn’t gonna be the BPA at 4. We gotta stick to BPA or it’s gonna bite us again I already know it

i don’t like that Murray is the “safe” pick. That means he isn’t gonna be the BPA at 4. We gotta stick to BPA or it’s gonna bite us again I already know it
Well technically Ivy is the best player but you will have a Fox/Hali redo. Fox can’t be traded. People will know you need to make a move and you are stuck. If you swing for the fences you take SHARPE if he is still there.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Murray is the one name I absolutely don’t want to hear. So I’ve already accepted that it’s going to happen.

Hopefully I’m wrong this time.

Well technically Ivy is the best player but you will have a Fox/Hali redo. Fox can’t be traded. People will know you need to make a move and you are stuck. If you swing for the fences you take SHARPE if he is still there.
I don't think so. Ivey is an elite athlete with more muscle mass than Haliburton will probably ever have. Fox and Ivey would be a nightmare to match up with in terms of speed and their ability to create contact. Have to see the measurements first though.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Murray is the one name I absolutely don’t want to hear. So I’ve already accepted that it’s going to happen.

Hopefully I’m wrong this time.
Why? I think Murray is one of the best players in this draft. I have no idea why some people are down on him. He averaged 23 pt's a game. He's an excellent rebounder, a good defender and he shot just a tick under 40% from the three. He's a physical player as well, who rebounds out of his area. He put up stats that were better than Banchero in every single category other than assists. I probably watched Murry play more than any player in this draft, and it's hard to find a bad game, other than his last, when he was doubled and tripled every time he touched the ball, and he still scored 21 pt's. I just don't get it.