NBA Draft Lottery, Thursday Aug. 20, 5:30 PM PT, ESPN

No bar, no move up. :(

Did some fast food research on potential picks. Vassel, Bey, Williams.

Vassel: two way player, decent size, shot, athleticism. What the Kinfs need.

Bey: looks like a SF version of Buddy. Low, but deadly shot. Average athleticism. Didn’t see any defensive highlights. Looks like he’ll have issues on defense. Slow feet.

Williams is 4/3. Athletic. Solid shot. Think he can develop into a 3 n D. But will likely be a 4.

Bonus: Okoro looks n moves like Ron Artest.

Bonus: do not want Achiwara. Too raw, too wild. But perfect for a team like Toronto. Squint hard enough n there’s some Siskam there. Join the Kings n he’s in the Dleague after his first contract.

With covid and probably limited workouts. Having a gm who can somehow find a stud late in the draft is so important. Whether it be from film, scouts or seeing for himself, we need our gm to find a steal

maybe GSW will trade their pick for something that can fit in their system... curry is 32 yrs old, they will try to win title or two.
now, question is, do we have anything to offer along with our pick?

also, this is a kinda weak draft and maybe we should be happy with a role player from a 12th spot...

No bar, no move up. :(

Did some fast food research on potential picks. Vassel, Bey, Williams.

Vassel: two way player, decent size, shot, athleticism. What the Kinfs need.

Bey: looks like a SF version of Buddy. Low, but deadly shot. Average athleticism. Didn’t see any defensive highlights. Looks like he’ll have issues on defense. Slow feet.

Williams is 4/3. Athletic. Solid shot. Think he can develop into a 3 n D. But will likely be a 4.

Bonus: Okoro looks n moves like Ron Artest.

Bonus: do not want Achiwara. Too raw, too wild. But perfect for a team like Toronto. Squint hard enough n there’s some Siskam there. Join the Kings n he’s in the Dleague after his first contract.
In regards to Vassell, I think it would be hard to find a team that doesn't like his game. He could fit with any team really, but I do think his potential is someone capped as a 4th option type player.

Bey often took the harder defensive matchup. I'd recommend looking at some defensive film on him. I think you would be pleasantly surprised by his potential there.

Williams has the most potential compared to the other two you mentioned. If he can get his shot figured out, he'll be a heck of a player.

Okoro worries me. He's great everywhere on the floor, but is a lackluster shooter which (in today's NBA) is a pretty significant cap on someone's ceiling. I've heard people pin him as the next Kawhi, but Kawhi's shot was much more promising as a prospect. Specifically, their FT%.

Leonard shot 72.6% from the FT line in his 1st year and then improved to 75.9% in his 2nd year. Okoro was at 67.2% this year. His shot mechanics don't look good to me either.

I really want to believe in him and like him, but his shot makes me think he's going to turn out to be more like Kidd-Gilchrist vs. Leonard.

Last edited: