NBA draft 2019: Kings to bring in first six prospects for workout

bajaden

Hall of Famer
This next group, and it's been suggested that it's the last group, ( I hope not ) has a couple of players in it that are interesting.

Rayjon Tucker: SG - 6'5" - 210 lbs - Arkansas Little Rock
Jaylen Hands: PG - 6'3" - 181 lbs - UCLA
Shamorie Ponds: PG - 6'1" - 180 lbs - St. Johns
Miye Oni: SG - 6'6" - 210 lbs - Yale
Kenny Wooten: PF - 6'9" - 220 lbs - Oregon
Daulton Hommes: SF - 6'8" - 215 lbs - Point Loma Nazarene

I will readily admit that I don't know a thing about Hommes. While I never saw Tucker play in an actual game, I do know that he was one of the best shooters in college last season, but in a mid-level conference. Obviously Shamorie Ponds is a player of interest as is Oni and Hands. I saw both Hands and Ponds play quite a bit last season, and although most would put Ponds ahead of Hands on their list, there were times when Hands was very good.

My gut tells me that Hands will be another of those underachieving UCLA players that ends up being a much better NBA player. When you consider the chaos on that team last season, I have to think you would cut just about everyone on that team a little slack. I think both Ponds and Hands could turn into solid rotational players. Oni didn't get a lot of national TV treatment, but he's a very good athlete who shot a respectable 37% from the three, and played solid defense for Yale.

I'm hopin we nab one of the PGs in our area.

Bone, Guy, Hands or Ponds.

i'd also be happy if we took any one of Roby, Okeke, Bazely, Mcdaniels, Cody Martin, Bowen.

122 more hours!

This next group, and it's been suggested that it's the last group, ( I hope not ) has a couple of players in it that are interesting.

Rayjon Tucker: SG - 6'5" - 210 lbs - Arkansas Little Rock
Jaylen Hands: PG - 6'3" - 181 lbs - UCLA
Shamorie Ponds: PG - 6'1" - 180 lbs - St. Johns
Miye Oni: SG - 6'6" - 210 lbs - Yale
Kenny Wooten: PF - 6'9" - 220 lbs - Oregon
Daulton Hommes: SF - 6'8" - 215 lbs - Point Loma Nazarene

I will readily admit that I don't know a thing about Hommes. While I never saw Tucker play in an actual game, I do know that he was one of the best shooters in college last season, but in a mid-level conference. Obviously Shamorie Ponds is a player of interest as is Oni and Hands. I saw both Hands and Ponds play quite a bit last season, and although most would put Ponds ahead of Hands on their list, there were times when Hands was very good.

My gut tells me that Hands will be another of those underachieving UCLA players that ends up being a much better NBA player. When you consider the chaos on that team last season, I have to think you would cut just about everyone on that team a little slack. I think both Ponds and Hands could turn into solid rotational players. Oni didn't get a lot of national TV treatment, but he's a very good athlete who shot a respectable 37% from the three, and played solid defense for Yale.
I like Jaylen Hands too. I think he could surprise in the NBA. He didn't get much coaching at UCLA.

Same goes for SF Kris Wilks from UCLA. I think these two UCLA alums could turn into solid rotational players as they mature. They both need to gain some weight and get stronger though. I think both have potential to be solid bench players in the NBA.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I'm hopin we nab one of the PGs in our area.

Bone, Guy, Hands or Ponds.

i'd also be happy if we took any one of Roby, Okeke, Bazely, Mcdaniels, Cody Martin, Bowen.

122 more hours!
Unless we trade up, I think both Bazely and Okeke are gone before our turn comes, likely in the bottom of the 1st rd. My number on guy is still Dylan Windler, but I've heard he's killing it in the workouts, and is a likely 1st rd pick now. I just love his skill set. The rumor is that Samanic is is going in the 1st rd now as well. Of course is some players are moving up, then they must be pushing some players down. They can't all go in the first rd.

So, players that I like (in no particular order) that could be there when we pick, are: Louis King 6'9", SF - Admiral Schofield 6'5.5", SG/SF - Isaiah Roby 6'8.5", PF/SF - Ignas Brazdeikis 6'7.25", SF - Jalen McDaniels 6'10", SF - Deividas Sirvydis 6'9", SF - Eric Paschall 6'8", SF - DaQuan Jeffries 6'5", SG/SF - Brian Bowen 6'7.5", SF - Shamorie Ponds 6'1", PG - Jontay Porter 6'11", PF/C - Kyle Guy 6'2.5", PG - Jordan Bone 6'2.75", PG - Jaylen Nowel 6'4.25", SG - Charles Mathews 6'6.25", SG/SF - Robert Franks 6'9", SF - and Jaylen Hands 6'3", PG.

Players that I hope I'm wrong about and will slide down to us, but probably not are: Dylan Windler 6'7.5", SF - Matisse Thybulle 6'6", SG - K. Z. Okpala 6'9", SF - Ty Jerome 6'5", PG - Nic Claxton 6'11", C - Daniel Gafford 6'11", C - Darius Bazley 6'9", SF - Luka Samanic 6'11", PF.

My gut tells me that the Kings have no intention of using all three draft picks, so a move up, or a trade for a future pick could happen. I know a lot of people have Tacko Fall on the brain, but personally, unless he's a two way player, or perhaps the 60th pick, I want no part of him. I watched him play a lot, and came away less than impressed. He may turn into a specialty player sometime in the future, but he'll always be a very limited player.

Unless we trade up, I think both Bazely and Okeke are gone before our turn comes, likely in the bottom of the 1st rd. My number on guy is still Dylan Windler, but I've heard he's killing it in the workouts, and is a likely 1st rd pick now. I just love his skill set. The rumor is that Samanic is is going in the 1st rd now as well. Of course is some players are moving up, then they must be pushing some players down. They can't all go in the first rd.

So, players that I like (in no particular order) that could be there when we pick, are: Louis King 6'9", SF - Admiral Schofield 6'5.5", SG/SF - Isaiah Roby 6'8.5", PF/SF - Ignas Brazdeikis 6'7.25", SF - Jalen McDaniels 6'10", SF - Deividas Sirvydis 6'9", SF - Eric Paschall 6'8", SF - DaQuan Jeffries 6'5", SG/SF - Brian Bowen 6'7.5", SF - Shamorie Ponds 6'1", PG - Jontay Porter 6'11", PF/C - Kyle Guy 6'2.5", PG - Jordan Bone 6'2.75", PG - Jaylen Nowel 6'4.25", SG - Charles Mathews 6'6.25", SG/SF - Robert Franks 6'9", SF - and Jaylen Hands 6'3", PG.

Players that I hope I'm wrong about and will slide down to us, but probably not are: Dylan Windler 6'7.5", SF - Matisse Thybulle 6'6", SG - K. Z. Okpala 6'9", SF - Ty Jerome 6'5", PG - Nic Claxton 6'11", C - Daniel Gafford 6'11", C - Darius Bazley 6'9", SF - Luka Samanic 6'11", PF.

My gut tells me that the Kings have no intention of using all three draft picks, so a move up, or a trade for a future pick could happen. I know a lot of people have Tacko Fall on the brain, but personally, unless he's a two way player, or perhaps the 60th pick, I want no part of him. I watched him play a lot, and came away less than impressed. He may turn into a specialty player sometime in the future, but he'll always be a very limited player.

Windlers crazy! 11 RPG for a guard!? love it.

I'm all for trading up for Samanic, Windler or Thybulle.. More-so Thybulle, Love his defensive potential, especially beside Fox.

One guy that stuck out to me was John Konchar, I havent seen him play but he looks legit in the vids i've watched.
I think picking someone like him at # 60 would be better then Taco.

Last edited:
I would absolutely love a trade up for Bol. I know it's very unlikely, but he could fall enough for it to be doable. I can dream.
Me too. I saw an analyst segment (can’t recall who it was) that believes Bol is the 2nd ‘unicorn’ type prospect, along with Zion. That struck a chord with me because I’ve watched Bol play going back to high school at Mater Dei and Findlay and feel the same way.

IDK how he’ll eventually develop and evolve in the NBA, but he’s got the talent and tools to become a really unique, special player. Health and durability will likely always be the key to that happening.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
There's a change in tomorrows workout. Ponds won't be part of the workout, and Kyle Guy is being brought back to replace him and for the Kings to get a 2nd look. Interesting! Guy is the only player the Kings have brought back a 2nd time. Make of that what you will...

There's a change in tomorrows workout. Ponds won't be part of the workout, and Kyle Guy is being brought back to replace him and for the Kings to get a 2nd look. Interesting! Guy is the only player the Kings have brought back a 2nd time. Make of that what you will...
I think it means some team really like Ponds while the Kings really like Kyle Guy. I could see the Kings offering a 2-way deal with our 60th pick, maybe 47 depending on how much they like him.

Entity

Hall of Famer
we could have had kawhi and lillard in back to back drafts

Lillard, IT
tyreke,
Kawhi
Thompson
Cousins

actually could have traded Tyreke for Klay thompson in that draft

I remember Kemba Walker and Lamb downing the SDSU team with Leonard during the tournament. Walker lit em up, but it was a close game. I liked Leonard, but had no clue he would become a premier player. His dribbling was very good for his size and he had a nice under control shot I remember- looked like a journeyman type prospect I thought, but was nice to see the Spurs draft him. His physique and range really took off in the NBA over time, as well as his defense. Goes to show, its difficult to tell.

No, because the Maloofs were so broke Petrie wasn't sure we'd have the money to re-sign/bring in a power forward
Honestly not buying the excuse of Petrie having his hands tied behind his back anymore. He deserves as much credit for our busts as he does for Peja, Cousins, etc. Like all GMs, he’s had hits and misses... but Jimmer and T-Rob back to back is absolutely putrid.

Honestly not buying the excuse of Petrie having his hands tied behind his back anymore. He deserves as much credit for our busts as he does for Peja, Cousins, etc. Like all GMs, he’s had hits and misses... but Jimmer and T-Rob back to back is absolutely putrid.
Those 2 drafts absolutely killed the Cousins era. Imagine if they had drafted Kawhi and Lillard back to back?!

As far I know there were 2 drafts that there have been persistent comments by multiple sources that Petrie had his hand forced by the Maloofs.

One was where there were reports leading into the draft that Petrie really like Lillard but ended up picking Thomas Robinson because Maloofs wanted insurance in case Jason Thompson left via free agency.

The second one was Jimmer, whom Maloofs wanted for financial gains. Not this one is a little bit less likely to the case given how much Petrie liked his shooters but when you consider Klay Thomspon was around the mark of our pick....I am not sure. That draft Kawhi was a name but he was not considered to be a top 10 or 15 prospect. He did fly up the draft boards closer to the draft through

The one that I am really pissed off about is the recommendation that Petrie had for PDA to draft Giannis but we got McLemore!