[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (TDOS)

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
The fact that the Sixers managed to become a success despite Brian Colangelo being the human equivalent of a McDonald's Happy Meal being left to rot outside for a year is a miracle.

This Ringer article about the Colangelo is fascinating... I am sure there are other breakdowns but holy hell.
https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/...-twitter-joel-embiid-anonymous-markelle-fultz

As someone who is on record about the process being disgraceful, it amuses me that they get stuck with this clown to see out the vision. Although the countdown to his resignation is probably in single digits.
I read that last night, and I have no idea what to make of it. Such a bizarre story. I quit all social media in autumn of 2015, and I couldn't be happier about remaining apart from all of that madness. It inspires the strangest and most disturbing behavior in people...

This Ringer article about the Colangelo is fascinating... I am sure there are other breakdowns but holy hell.
https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/...-twitter-joel-embiid-anonymous-markelle-fultz

As someone who is on record about the process being disgraceful, it amuses me that they get stuck with this clown to see out the vision. Although the countdown to his resignation is probably in single digits.
It was a good read.

Makes me wonder about a few things floating around with Pete & Mullin awhile ago.

I read that last night, and I have no idea what to make of it. Such a bizarre story. I quit all social media in autumn of 2015, and I couldn't be happier about remaining apart from all of that madness. It inspires the strangest and most disturbing behavior in people...
As a self admitted hacker before the birth of AoL ( wasn't much to hack back then. QLink mainly), I have never had interest in social media. I consider myself an information vampire™. ( Slim please add the tiny TM symbol). But I greatly dislike journalism these days. Social media pretty much is just what I like to call " putting on a face".

To the point however, "Quitting" "Social" media is quite rewarding. As for how it applies to the The Kings situation. Guess you would have to actually look into "It" if you didn't rely on social media. By that I mean. Watch the players and use your eyes. For a lot of us BB fans, the eyes still work,

I think we are in the same camp, so my quoting you was purely to display agreement.

As for BC? I have no doubt, after he admitted the one account belongs to him, the dominoes will fall quickly in to place. Y? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
As a self admitted hacker before the birth of AoL ( wasn't much to hack back then. QLink mainly), I have never had interest in social media. I consider myself an information vampire™. ( Slim please add the tiny TM symbol). But I greatly dislike journalism these days. Social media pretty much is just what I like to call " putting on a face".

To the point however, "Quitting" "Social" media is quite rewarding. As for how it applies to the The Kings situation. Guess you would have to actually look into "It" if you didn't rely on social media. By that I mean. Watch the players and use your eyes. For a lot of us BB fans, the eyes still work,

I think we are in the same camp, so my quoting you was purely to display agreement.

As for BC? I have no doubt, after he admitted the one account belongs to him, the dominoes will fall quickly in to place. Y? ;)
Hey, S£im isn't the only one who knows how to do that! :p

Collangelo out in Philly per multiple sources. One saying Philly law firm made direct link to his wife who set up the accounts.

Jesus.

Brett Brown interim director of basketball operations. That's pretty wild. I imagine won't last long but could screw up their draft/offseason coming off their huge breakout season.

Perhaps the biggest WTF to me of this whole thing?

We've used "sockpuppet" for at least a quarter century of internet and suddenly this Colangelo story breaks and the word is "burner".

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME

We've used "sockpuppet" for at least a quarter century of internet and suddenly this Colangelo story breaks and the word is "burner".
Sockpuppet is soooooo 2014! :p

Kinda of like how you pronounce "Dutch Bros." - my granddaughters get very embarrassed when I call it Dutch Brothers.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
Kinda of like how you pronounce "Dutch Bros." - my granddaughters get very embarrassed when I call it Dutch Brothers.
Off topic, but I don't understand how Starbucks, Dutch Brothers (I got your back, VF), Peete's, etc., are in business. Do folks have that much $$$ to throw away they spend it on hideously overpriced beverages every single day? It's insane.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Off topic, but I don't understand how Starbucks, Dutch Brothers (I got your back, VF), Peete's, etc., are in business. Do folks have that much $$$ to throw away they spend it on hideously overpriced beverages every single day? It's insane.
You'd be surprised how much coffee Americans drink, it's a drug in its own right. I pass by a Starbucks daily that was recently built by my home and I kid you not, the drive thru always has a long line, rather than people going inside and getting it quicker.

I go to a local hipster shop. So yes.

It really is Bros though. Their CEO said so :/

I have always been more of a Folgers man myself. When you (used to) drink a pot a day, and live check to check, have to be a little more economical.

Not that I have anything against a good cup of joe or an espresso now and then. BTW dark chocolate covered espresso beans are the bomb.

Just saying.

First I've heard about it. Was he involved in some kind of twitter scandal too?

Googling the only one I see is he trashed his former team in third person with his own account.
Yep... and the headline "Kevin Durant's alleged burner accounts are incredibly lame and totally understandable" via SBNation

Just a generalization from 'burner phone' over to twitter. To be honest, I never heard of sockpuppet before so I guess it just reflects that the internet is a very large place!

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member

Durant's 2nd account was called a burner account too.
First I've heard about it. Was he involved in some kind of twitter scandal too?

Googling the only one I see is he trashed his former team in third person with his own account.
It will never cease to amaze me how differently two people can consume the same form of entertainment. It never even would have occurred to me that someone who ostensibly also considers themselves an NBA fan would be unfamiliar with the Kevin Durant story.

It will never cease to amaze me how differently two people can consume the same form of entertainment. It never even would have occurred to me that someone who ostensibly also considers themselves an NBA fan would be unfamiliar with the Kevin Durant story.
It happened in mid-september? I work at a university and my brain is pretty much spaghetti with everything else going on at that time.

Seriously curious - why? Dropping all that cash on coffee??? Never touched the stuff and still haven't. I get up and going better than most people that drink it daily.
I don't need it for pep. I didn't start drinking it until my 40s. I always liked the taste though, coffee ice creams and similar flavors.

Honestly I go to the shops I go to because I like the drinks they make, which aren't overly sugared but still have a variety of flavors. Even if it's just the way they roast and a cold brew. But some do interesting things with soda water and citrus, or different spices in a mocha which I may enjoy on weekends.