[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (NOV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shooting numbers are down across the NBA and a whole bunch of good shooters are struggling to start the season. One reason could be the rule change but maybe we should blame the Wilson basketballs?

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Shooting numbers are down across the NBA and a whole bunch of good shooters are struggling to start the season. One reason could be the rule change but maybe we should blame the Wilson basketballs?
Steph and Buddy and Paul George don't seem to be having any issues though. The number of players slumping is crazy though.

Speaking of this, nobody understands why Spalding decided to stop making basketballs. It's insane.

What does Spalding actually make that is profitable at this point?

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Speaking of this, nobody understands why Spalding decided to stop making basketballs. It's insane.

What does Spalding actually make that is profitable at this point?
It seems like their negotiations to extend their ball partnership with the league just didn't go well. I know every single portable driveway hoop I owned as a kid was by Spaulding so I guess they've still got that going for them?

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
He's been real solid to start his career. Even without this huge game.
He’s definitely looked better than Suggs for the Magic at least. It’ll be interesting to see how his minutes and role shift as the season rolls ok and the Magic start getting some of their injured people back.

He's been real solid to start his career. Even without this huge game.
I don't remember exactly if I landed on Franz or Moody at the top of my big board, but awesome to see him ball out to start the year. 6'9 forwards with his 2-way skills just don't come along every day.

I don't remember exactly if I landed on Franz or Moody at the top of my big board, but awesome to see him ball out to start the year. 6'9 forwards with his 2-way skills just don't come along every day.
I think I had Moody and then Franz myself.

Funny thing is a lot of the players who played really well in SL are either struggling or not playing many minutes at all and the players that seemed to struggle like Franz and Mobley are looking better at the moment.

I was on the Wagoneer train before jumping off for Sengun. He has been way better than expected so far. His career high in college was 22 and then he goes and drops 28 a few games into his NBA career. Orlando had a bright future with him, Suggs, Bamba all of a sudden, bunch of tradable pieces like Fultz and JI plus a likely top five pick

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
I was on the Wagoneer train before jumping off for Sengun. He has been way better than expected so far. His career high in college was 22 and then he goes and drops 28 a few games into his NBA career. Orlando had a bright future with him, Suggs, Bamba all of a sudden, bunch of tradable pieces like Fultz and JI plus a likely top five pick
They need to keep linning though, haha. They don't have that true star talent, but a lot of solid foundational pieces. One more trip at the top of the lotto and they're right behind Detroit on the upside train.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Suns go on a run the second I turn League Pass to their game on the back of Javale turning back the clock. What the hell is going on in Phoenix?

Status
Not open for further replies.