[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (JUN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Well color me surprised.

Also, nice little embarrassing moment for the Lakers. They gotta keep that stuff under wraps.
Right, when the Celtics fired Doc and hired Brad Stevens, it was relatively out of nowhere. Meanwhile the Lakers decided to tell the world they were willing to give a guy a half decade plus big money deal without even waiting to see if he was going to accept it.

Now Doc has a new friend to making absolutely baffling coaching decisions together with.
Wonder what this means for Dave Joerger though
Clearly, Doc needs to up his "hands in pockets" game and Ham provides immediate help there.

If Dave Joerger wasn't a jerk, I wouldn't mind having him back as an assistant coach. He is a good X and O's guy. Too many bridges burnt though.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Lakers getting dragged hard today I think my favorites are the conspiracy theories that this was intentional to make a JJ or other questionable hire seem more palatable are funny. But seriously, how could they expect to lure him from UCONN for less than what Monty Williams is getting?

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
didn't this coincide with Dame and his wife splitting?
If reports are true they had been living separately for a while but wouldn’t be surprised if he didn’t work out much over the summer. But also the Bucks were pretty solid before they fired their coach and hired doc. I think they had the second best record in the league, definitely second in the east. So this does nothing to make Doc look better. It might make Dame more sympathetic though.

I do think he was not adequately prepared for what was going to happen to a working dad getting divorced in Oregon which is surprising because he had the best law firm in Portland representing him (same one I used).

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member

I don't doubt the guy is working on his body but this is literally just that Poku thing where the dude looks exactly the same but they just changed the lighting lol
Many around the league were also preparing for championship parades in Phoenix and LA the past couple years too.... "Many around the league" have a way of missing the big picture in their rush to be the first to place their winning bid.

San Antonio needs to find Wemby a PG first and then we'll see if he can truly carry a team on offense or if he's just a really solid second option with multiple DPOY awards in his future.

dude12

Hall of Famer
I thought teams aren’t supposed to announce any signings yet although they can negotiate with their guys…….leaking to Woj or Shams is still getting the news out early

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Literally the only thing I believe about this tweet is that LeBron isn't going to Phoenix for the minimum. I mean, maybe I believe that...even if Phoenix drafts the kid? But maybe...not?

But the idea that if the Lakers were to draft Bronny, that LeBron might actually seriously in the real world opt out of a one-year $51M contract with them to play somewhere else for the MLE? GTFOH. If the Lakers draft Bronny, LeBron stays. Full stop.

Rich Paul is just pissing in the wind because his efforts to get the Lakers to take Bronny at #17 apparently haven't worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.