[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (JUL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
If he stays healthy Kings fans might be lamenting that pass on Bol Bol for quite awhile.
I mean, Justin James has played pretty well in his stints off the bench, but the meltdown here when Vlade passed on Bol was second only to the time Petrie passed on Rubio for Reke which was... odd?
Also given our luck, Bol’s knee would have immediately exploded getting off the plane to sign his rookie contract and he’d have retired on the spot.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Also it was against the Wizards who’s entire bubble strategy appears to be give Rui Hachimura the ball because there is absolutely no one left on the roster capable of doing anything and Rui isn’t really good at on-ball stuff quite yet.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
I mean, Justin James has played pretty well in his stints off the bench, but the meltdown here when Vlade passed on Bol was second only to the time Petrie passed on Rubio for Reke which was... odd?
Also given our luck, Bol’s knee would have immediately exploded getting off the plane to sign his rookie contract and he’d have retired on the spot.
I'll go back to my statement on draft night. Could likely have had them both. James wasn't going to be drafted. If Vlade was told by somebody he was then he got bluffed into a fumble. Shouldn't have traded Ignas either. But oh well.

Probably true on the last part though haha.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
The Blazers got Nurk and Collins back healthy so they’re essentially at full strength now and yet their bench is relatively shallow and extremely unbalanced with them having to slide Melo to the three (he is nowhere near a small forward at this point in his career) to let Whiteside/Nurk/Collins have their playing time. I guess I’m just not sure how I feel about a team who’s top three options off the bench are Hassan Whiteside (good player but dumb)/Anfernee Simmons (interesting prospect who hasn’t really flourished in his increased role like I thought he would)/ or Mario Hezonja (Mario Hezonja).
Of course Dame could get really hot and render this whole think moot sooooo

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I’m sure no one on this board would have a freak out about Vlade picking a huge injury risk the first time Bol pulled up gimpy after a block attempt.
This logic would apply if he was a first rounder.

Not when it’s a second round lottery ticket. Anything you get in the second round is a luxury and you need to take that talent ticket. But hey. Justin James, amirite?

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Credit to JJ Barrea for coming back from another major injury but I don't think he has anything left in the tank anymore. But with Brunson out, he's going to see time anyways.

(also not a fan of the fake crowd noise they're using for this game)

Status
Not open for further replies.