[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (JAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Jeff Teague was an All-Star in Atlanta. He was the starting point guard for the Hawks, the last time the Hawks won a playoff series. Now, he's back in Atlanta, to be a backup. That'd sting a bit, if it were me.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Jeff Teague back to where it all started for him. Atlanta didn't have to give up much of anything for him.
I can see why Atlanta would do it. They get out from under Crabbe's bad contract and get a team legend/mentor for Trae. But was this really the best deal Minnesota could swing for Teague?

Interesting insights from a couple players came out this week about players, social media, and professional basketball.

Carter on OTL talking about how guys check their social media at half time, etc.

Redick on his podcast this week talking about some of the young guys in the league are more concerned with the pre game instagram photo shoots than how they can play winning basketball

https://www.theringer.com/video/202...ll-on-cancel-culture-90s-nba-personal-mentors

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Interesting insights from a couple players came out this week about players, social media, and professional basketball.

Carter on OTL talking about how guys check their social media at half time, etc.

Redick on his podcast this week talking about some of the young guys in the league are more concerned with the pre game instagram photo shoots than how they can play winning basketball

https://www.theringer.com/video/202...ll-on-cancel-culture-90s-nba-personal-mentors
if you have players checking their social media at half time you know it's a addiction and not a healthy one either

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Hawks just won their first game in San Antonio in almost 23 years. The last time they won in San Antonio, the Spurs were still playing in the Alamodome. Bad, bad loss for the Spurs.

Ja Morant is a phenom his combo of athletic ability/smarts/natural instinct is on another level. Normally you have guys that have two of those attributes but not all 3. Melton has turned himself in a good back up PG/SG his defensive instincts are amazing.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Man, I am getting my entire life to watching this Timberwolves team be trash. Mostly because I can't stand Big Sawfty. I've said it before, that dude is actually all the things on the basketball court (mentally soft, empty stats, not a winner, can't make his teammates better, etc.) that Cousins' detractors claim him to be, but Sawfty gets a pass, because he's not "volatile," or some ****. And I remember when Kendrick Perkins was on The Jump before the start of the season, and he said he didn't see the Timberwolves being any good this season. Man, after those first eight games, Timberwolves fans had all the hot takes for Perk... Boy, they were talking cash noise! And now, look at them! All of a sudden, the Timberwolves fandom is real, real, real, real, real quiet!.

I love it... I LOVE IT! Inject that **** directly into my ****ing veins!

Man, I am getting my entire life to watching this Timberwolves team be trash. Mostly because I can't stand Big Sawfty. I've said it before, that dude is actually all the things on the basketball court (mentally soft, empty stats, not a winner, can't make his teammates better, etc.) that Cousins' detractors claim him to be, but Sawfty gets a pass, because he's not "volatile," or some ****. And I remember when Kendrick Perkins was on The Jump before the start of the season, and he said he didn't see the Timberwolves being any good this season. Man, after those first eight games, Timberwolves fans had all the hot takes for Perk... Boy, they were talking cash noise! And now, look at them! All of a sudden, the Timberwolves fandom is real, real, real, real, real quiet!.

I love it... I LOVE IT! Inject that **** directly into my ****ing veins!
I've never seen you so excited about something lmao. Your Towns/Cousins analysis is spot on however, and something I had never thought of.

Status
Not open for further replies.