[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (FEB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Denver did it again. They played 5th time in 7 days against Utah in SLC, and it was a B2B game. Because of injuries and trade, they were able to put on the court only seven players. Besides Jokic, the only other over 6.6-foot player was Cancar, who never played more than 5 minutes in an NBA game. 4 of 7 gays played more games in G league than NBA so far. The Jazz roster was complete, and they had two days rest. Jokic had 30 points, 21 rebounds, and ten assists. He scored 26 of his 30 points while guarded by Gobber.

The Nuggets won 98-95.

Small market team alert, no headline about that win is nowhere to find. A couple of days ago, when they won against the Bucks on B2B, the headline was that Giannis older brother started on Greek night.

Last edited:
Milwaukee is made a mistake not trading cause of chemistry issues ya there good in the regular season but I don’t think they have enough. Should’ve grabbed Gallo or Morris

I don’t believe what I just witnessed. AD and Lebron just lost to a team with no one over 6’6 :eek:
I’m in no way surprised. I’ve said it before. I sold stock on AD the moment I saw Draymond Green able to defend him in the playoffs years back. A legit 6’10” long-limbed athletic freak like Davis should never allow a team to get away with a player of Draymond’s size guarding him with little to no help. I realize DG is a DPOY winner, but it still shouldn’t happen. But it did. Because AD is soft. A finesse player.

Dray couldn’t get away defending the KINGS version of a very physical DeMarcus Cousins. And he can’t get away with guarding Joel Embiid. But he pushed AD outside the paint and made him take tough shots.

So while he had a nice stat line, I’m not surprised HOU was able to make it work on this night. Will it work against a team like LAL over a larger sample size? IDK.

Off the top of my head, I’d think they’d have some trouble with Jokic, Nurkic, Valančiūnas, Lopez, Embiid, Porzingis, Vucevic, Gobert, Ayton and Steven Adams.

Several of those guys aren’t big offensive threats, but still play physically and would own the backboard. Most of them would have trouble guarding out to the 3 pt line, but if played right could hurt HOU more.

Plus, I think HOU could be wore down physically if pushed all game. And get into a lot of foul trouble.

That said, HOU is picking the best time to try this out. Because personnel and style has changed so much the last decade that there aren’t as many teams able to take full advantage of the tactic.

I think people are grossly overestimate how valuable Capella is/was for the Rockets, PJ Tucker is probably a far superior one on one post defender and the extra spacing they got on offense (which is where they win games) will help them more than Capella's spoon feed plays. They also beat the Pelicans who had Zion/Favors posting up just recently as well without Clint. They won't beat anyone with defense even with Capella so it's better they just go all out on spacing on offense and let PJ Tucket battle away with the mammoths Chuck Hayes style.

Clint/DJ and all these low skilled big athletic guys who put up nice stats are the most overrated players in the NBA and have always been and teams always fall into the trap of giving them huge money which cripples their championship aspirations.

Lakers are 5-5 in the last 10 Kuzma/Rondo are pure garbage Lebron will need to be in god mode to even take a series with the clippers past 6 games

Lakers are 5-5 in the last 10 Kuzma/Rondo are pure garbage Lebron will need to be in god mode to even take a series with the clippers past 6 games
Or all the ring chaser will sign with them after they are bought out or come out of retirement like collison. :mad:

I’m in no way surprised. I’ve said it before. I sold stock on AD the moment I saw Draymond Green able to defend him in the playoffs years back. A legit 6’10” long-limbed athletic freak like Davis should never allow a team to get away with a player of Draymond’s size guarding him with little to no help. I realize DG is a DPOY winner, but it still shouldn’t happen. But it did. Because AD is soft. A finesse player.
Like the case is for most big men, AD's biggest impact in his career has been in the defensive end. Hes also a good offensive big (compared to other big men). Hes a great roll man/lob threat that can create some for himself but hes not a guy that will create efficent offense for others and that caps his value offensively. Hes a play finisher and without his elite defensive value he would be nowhere near as valuable as he currently is. Switchable rim protectors are rare and even rarer are those that can space the floor some and be even a slight positive offensively with relatively high usage. But you are right that offensively hes a little overrated, hes not an elite offensive player.

I'm extremely intrigued on these new Rockets. Can you truly be succesful without a true big man? Warriors "death lineup" had 6'6 Draymond as a C and they were extremely succesful with that lineup. Of cource Draymond was DPOY level player but if these Rockets can be succesful with PJ Tucker as a Center, it might bring some big changes to this league.

Nowadays big men have very little value. Unless you are a generational/top5 -8 big man talent, you are basically being looked at as a replacement level player. If this Rockets experiment is succesfull, big man market will become even worse for them.

Of cource when the league is moving further and furhter away from big men, We,ve basically spent most of our recent draft capital on big men like Bagley, Wcs, Skal, Papa G and Giles and none of them are being impact players in this league.

I personally wouldnt miss any stiff/low bbiq 7footers in this league. There are so few 7foot people in this world so if that alone wont give you ridiculously good odds to make it into Nba, I'm not mad. If skill and spacing overrules the slow 7foot players then so be it. Those big men that are agile enough and have enough ball skills and bbiq will remain as extremely valuable players. Big men that have nothing but size and maybe athletisism will fade out of the league and thats ok to me.

Like the case is for most big men, AD's biggest impact in his career has been in the defensive end. Hes also a good offensive big (compared to other big men). Hes a great roll man/lob threat that can create some for himself but hes not a guy that will create efficent offense for others and that caps his value offensively. Hes a play finisher and without his elite defensive value he would be nowhere near as valuable as he currently is. Switchable rim protectors are rare and even rarer are those that can space the floor some and be even a slight positive offensively with relatively high usage. But you are right that offensively hes a little overrated, hes not an elite offensive player.
Agreed about his defensive skills. At times, he’s brilliant on that end.

But as you acknowledged, he can be bullied and pushed away from the basket on the offensive end.

Worst non goal tending call I’ve ever seen in my life. That ball was a foot off the backboard when Gobert swatted it. Sooooo bad! How can all 3 refs miss that?!

are you kidding me? how are the refs not going to review what is obviously a goal tending call on Gobert which would of tied the game...Dame got every right to be heated that's just an atrocity
Nobody is worse at there job than nba refs, nobody

Or all the ring chaser will sign with them after they are bought out or come out of retirement like collison. :mad:
True but Collison isn’t saving them from the clippers that Morris pick up was huge he’s been lights out from 3 and can create for himself off the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.