[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (FEB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
if you’re not gonna play don’t get payed what the hell. So Barnes could walk up and say I don’t wanna play trade me or I sit out and he still gets payed ? You’d be fine with that?
Yes. That's how guaranteed contracts work.

They should have called him out along time ago how do you not support them telling that bum to come to work and not collect 17mill that’s bull crap.
Why the hell should I?

I couldn’t care less about the beef, but I absolutely love what the Grizzlies are doing with Andre. Don’t let these guys force their way out to go chase rings with whatever team they choose.
Iggy has always been the snake, he gave plays out to Marc Jackson and the Warriors when they beat the Nuggets in the frist round a while back than went and signed with the Warriors the next year, a KD type move but worse. The Grizz got real players on the wings for them in Crowder/Brooks who give there all I hope.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Iggy has always been the snake, he gave plays out to Marc Jackson and the Warriors when they beat the Nuggets in the frist round a while back than went and signed with the Warriors the next year, a KD type move but worse. The Grizz got real players on the wings for them in Crowder/Brooks who give there all I hope.
Y'all still mad about how he played with the Kings' emotions, huh?

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Minnesota? They got decent players and at least got an early first round pick for Covington. What was Denver thinking? Gerald green and Houston’s pick should be late
Denver is trying to accumulate enough assets for a Jrue trade. Minnesota just traded its best asset aside from its own pick this year for a middling first round pick (it's not Atlanta's, it's Brooklyn's) and Malik Beasley.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
you’re questioning the wrong team, one of those teams plans to start a 6’6 center
PJ Tucker's been their best center for the past two seasons and allows them to play on the perimeter full time on offense and Covington is going to actually make them longer and more versatile on defense. I don't necessarily agree with what they're doing but I can at least picture the road map they're trying to use.

I don't watch the rockets so what do I know but why give up a presumably low usage 25yr old who averages close to 14 & 14 for Robert Covington?

PJ Tucker's been their best center for the past two seasons and allows them to play on the perimeter full time on offense and Covington is going to actually make them longer and more versatile on defense. I don't necessarily agree with what they're doing but I can at least picture the road map they're trying to use.
the perimeter stuff works cause of the lob threat now that threat is gone

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
the perimeter stuff works cause of the lob threat now that threat is gone
Pretty sure the perimeter stuff works primarily because of Harden most of all but like I said I largely agree that this is a bad trade for pretty much every team involved aside from the Hawks, even the Hawks who now have Capella and Collins largely clogging the lane for each other and Trae.

For the crap that Luka/Harden get for there style of play and ref favoritism, the amount of traveling/carrying/offensive fouls Giannis is allowed to get away with is on another level, the guy had 3 blatant travels at least against Denver anyone could see not called.....amazing.

Giannis needs his own airline brand Qatar/Qantas/Singapore Airlines don't travel like him.
it’s nowhere close to Bearded Hag levels, my friend. Not even close.

Remember what I predicted about him ending up the best player out of this past draft. I really believe it’ll happen. It’s looking good so far.

IMO Zion will be a Blake Griffin-esque player. Flashy with the dunks and highlight plays kids love, but won’t move the needle in terms of being a true franchise level player that contends for titles as the alpha. He’ll be good, but vastly overrated — just like Blake Griffin. And he’ll probably be oft injured even more.

Ja is in the mold of what wins in today’s NBA. And he’s fearless.

Atlanta just got Clint Capela. That's so...random. They needed a C so badly and they more than filled the gap. Never imagined Clint on the Hawks.

Trae and Capela should be cool.

Why shouldn't he be allowed to "force" his way out? He was "forced" into a trade. He didn't ask to go to Memphis, and he's at a point in his career where he doesn't need to "prove" himself, for his next contract, or whatever. He has the leverage to be able to say, "I don't want to play here: either trade me, or eat my contract."

And, by the way, Memphis doesn't even want him. They didn't want him, when they traded for him: they traded him to get the draft pick from the Warriors. At this point, them holding onto Iguodala is just them being petty tyrants.
If iggy can choose to not play and still get paid then Memphis can choose to let him rot at home. Hopefully for the duration of his contract. I don’t think Memphis is petty one bit. I say kudos to Memphis......

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
If iggy can choose to not play and still get paid then Memphis can choose to let him rot at home. Hopefully for the duration of his contract. I don’t think Memphis is petty one bit. I say kudos to Memphis......

placeholder k-but-u-wrong-doe.gif

Memphis is being petty. The flaw in your reasoning is that, in order for you to be right, it requires you to believe that Memphis has been trying to convince Iguodala to play all season long (or even at any point this season), and he has simply refused... That's not what has happened. There was a mutual agreement between Iguodala and the Memphis organization for him to sit at home, and the reason why it was mutual is because Memphis doesn't actually want to play him.

Now, there may be some Memphis Grizzlies basketball players and fans who are bent out of shape about Iguodala getting paid all that money, and not doing anything to help their team, but the Memphis Grizzlies organization itself doesn't want him to play. They were never going to play him. They didn't assign him a jersey number. They didn't even hold the perfunctory, boilerplate press conference/photo op that all organizations hold, when they acquire a player of Iguodala's stature. They told Iguodala before the start of the season, "Look, we're not going to be competitive, and we're not going to play you, so rather than have you sit around and be disgruntled because you're not playing, we'd rather you stay at home", and Iguodala was, like, "Cool. I don't really want to be part of a rebuild, anyway." The only reason this is a story is because it's close to the trade deadline, and Memphis is playing above their heads, and currently in contention for the playoffs, and all of a sudden, people are like, "Why is this guy who's making seventeen million dollars not playing, when he could be helping his team win games, with his veteran experience and leadership?" Except that the answer is, because the team doesn't want him to play! Nobody gave a **** about Iguodala not playing when the Grizzlies were 6-16. This is a non-issue.

And this is a win-win for the Grizzlies organization, because all they have to do is exactly what they have been doing, which is keep their mouths shut, and let their players and TUA fans give them free positive PR. Memphis traded for Iguodala because they thought they could squeeze at least two draft picks out of him. They already got one, during the initial trade, but it doesn't look like they're going to get another one, because the only teams that could use Iguodala, and might hypothetically be willing to trade for him, have already figured out that, after Thursday, Memphis loses all their leverage, so they're not going to offer them anything for him. Like, if you're the Rockets, or the Raptors, and you think that a player like Iguodala might put you over the top, why would you give up anything for him, when you know that, in about thirty hours, Memphis is going to be financially incentivized to buy him out of his contract, and you could just put in a waiver claim for him?

So, since Memphis has realized that they're probably not going to be able to get anything else for him, they plan to hold onto him, out of spite. If that isn't petty, then nothing is ever petty.

placeholder k-but-u-wrong-doe.gif

Memphis is being petty. The flaw in your reasoning is that, in order for you to be right, it requires you to believe that Memphis has been trying to convince Iguodala to play all season long (or even at any point this season), and he has simply refused... That's not what has happened. There was a mutual agreement between Iguodala and the Memphis organization for him to sit at home, and the reason why it was mutual is because Memphis doesn't actually want to play him.

Now, there may be some Memphis Grizzlies basketball players and fans who are bent out of shape about Iguodala getting paid all that money, and not doing anything to help their team, but the Memphis Grizzlies organization itself doesn't want him to play. They were never going to play him. They didn't assign him a jersey number. They didn't even hold the perfunctory, boilerplate press conference/photo op that all organizations hold, when they acquire a player of Iguodala's stature. They told Iguodala before the start of the season, "Look, we're not going to be competitive, and we're not going to play you, so rather than have you sit around and be disgruntled because you're not playing, we'd rather you stay at home", and Iguodala was, like, "Cool. I don't really want to be part of a rebuild, anyway." The only reason this is a story is because it's close to the trade deadline, and Memphis is playing above their heads, and currently in contention for the playoffs, and all of a sudden, people are like, "Why is this guy who's making seventeen million dollars not playing, when he could be helping his team win games, with his veteran experience and leadership?" Except that the answer is, because the team doesn't want him to play! Nobody gave a **** about Iguodala not playing when the Grizzlies were 6-16. This is a non-issue.

And this is a win-win for the Grizzlies organization, because all they have to do is exactly what they have been doing, which is keep their mouths shut, and let their players and TUA fans give them free positive PR. Memphis traded for Iguodala because they thought they could squeeze at least two draft picks out of him. They already got one, during the initial trade, but it doesn't look like they're going to get another one, because the only teams that could use Iguodala, and might hypothetically be willing to trade for him, have already figured out that, after Thursday, Memphis loses all their leverage, so they're not going to offer them anything for him. Like, if you're the Rockets, or the Raptors, and you think that a player like Iguodala might put you over the top, why would you give up anything for him, when you know that, in about thirty hours, Memphis is going to be financially incentivized to buy him out of his contract, and you could just put in a waiver claim for him?

So, since Memphis has realized that they're probably not going to be able to get anything else for him, they plan to hold onto him, out of spite. If that isn't petty, then nothing is ever petty.
Not petty. It’s business.
Iggy staying home is a business decision. So is what Memphis is doing. The players usually hold all the sway over franchises. Not this time.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Yes, it is. And, after 6pm ET tomorrow, it's going to be indisputable that "business" ain't gonna have nothing to do with it. What are you going to hide behind, then, if Memphis doesn't buy him out?

EDIT - Also, nothing for the refutation of your claim that Iguodala simply "chose," on his own, to sit at home and not play, rather than it being a mutual agreement between him and the organization?

Last edited:
Remember what I predicted about him ending up the best player out of this past draft. I really believe it’ll happen. It’s looking good so far.

IMO Zion will be a Blake Griffin-esque player. Flashy with the dunks and highlight plays kids love, but won’t move the needle in terms of being a true franchise level player that contends for titles as the alpha. He’ll be good, but vastly overrated — just like Blake Griffin. And he’ll probably be oft injured even more.

Ja is in the mold of what wins in today’s NBA. And he’s fearless.
my eyes opened up when Jerry west said it when he talks about a prospect you listen

Status
Not open for further replies.