[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (FEB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the crap that Luka/Harden get for there style of play and ref favoritism, the amount of traveling/carrying/offensive fouls Giannis is allowed to get away with is on another level, the guy had 3 blatant travels at least against Denver anyone could see not called.....amazing.

Giannis needs his own airline brand Qatar/Qantas/Singapore Airlines don't travel like him.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
It is my sincerest hope that people have had enough time to process their grief that it's safe to go back to laughing at the Timberwolves being soft.

I'd like to think that Kobe would have wanted it that way.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
one injury after another for Kyrie this season. Just sit out with KD and come back ready to go next season at full strength.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Houston doesn't have anybody in their starting lineup taller than 6'6". The Rockets have PJ Tucker guarding Zion Williamson, because he's their best (and strongest) available defender... Which means that James Harden has to guard Derrick Favors.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Not only that but Dame is old school and would’ve stayed here his whole career
Reality check.

Dame Lillard would NOT have stayed through all the drama this team has gone through. He would have bailed (and rightly so) at the first opportunity. Either that, or the Maloofs would have sold him off as quickly as possible.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Ja Morant going around Steph and that ***** Iguodala has me loving that kid
I mean, Marvin Bagley got into a rap battle with Dame and most of the lame people in the Kings fanbase absolutely killed him for it. If a Kings player had done this, people would be freaking ripping him a new one.

I mean, Marvin Bagley got into a rap battle with Dame and most of the lame people in the Kings fanbase absolutely killed him for it. If a Kings player had done this, people would be freaking ripping him a new one.
don’t do that there’s a difference between a rap battle and having a teammates back for calling out Iguodala for that ***** move. A move that’s somehow not getting him fined a criticism front the media

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
don’t do that there’s a difference between a rap battle and having a teammates back for calling out Iguodala for that ***** move. A move that’s somehow not getting him fined a criticism front the media
What's the difference? One involved producing music and putting a lot of creative effort while the other involved rehashing a tired old meme from a couple years ago because Dillon Brooks was cranky about Iguodala not wanting to play on a young team for the last season of his career.

What's the difference? One involved producing music and putting a lot of creative effort while the other involved rehashing a tired old meme from a couple years ago because Dillon Brooks was cranky about Iguodala not wanting to play on a young team for the last season of his career.
if you’re not gonna play don’t get payed what the hell. So Barnes could walk up and say I don’t wanna play trade me or I sit out and he still gets payed ? You’d be fine with that? They should have called him out along time ago how do you not support them telling that bum to come to work and not collect 17mill that’s bull crap.
And Morant playing the way he is can say whatever he wants Bagley just needs to suit up

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
if you’re not gonna play don’t get payed what the hell. So Barnes could walk up and say I don’t wanna play trade me or I sit out and he still gets payed ? You’d be fine with that? They should have called him out along time ago how do you not support them telling that bum to come to work and not collect 17mill that’s bull crap.
And Morant playing the way he is can say whatever he wants Bagley just needs to suit up
I'm not fine with that but that's an inherent flaw in the structure of the NBA's collective bargaining agreement and salary system and not some sort of indication of how crapty a person someone is. It's not Iggy's fault that he got traded somewhere he didn't want to go. It is Memphis's fault that they let this situation blow up in their face by (a) not hashing out a clear agreement with him right after acquiring him/ (b) absolutely refusing to cut bait on him despite the bajillion signs pointing towards things ending badly.

It would be like if the Kings refused to cut Jason Terry after he publicly scoffed at the prospect of playing for them

I'm not fine with that but that's an inherent flaw in the structure of the NBA's collective bargaining agreement and salary system and not some sort of indication of how crapty a person someone is. It's not Iggy's fault that he got traded somewhere he didn't want to go. It is Memphis's fault that they let this situation blow up in their face by (a) not hashing out a clear agreement with him right after acquiring him/ (b) absolutely refusing to cut bait on him despite the bajillion signs pointing towards things ending badly.

It would be like if the Kings refused to cut Jason Terry after he publicly scoffed at the prospect of playing for them
fine than don’t get paid! It’s that simple you can’t have it both ways not show up and get paid as well.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
fine than don’t get paid! It’s that simple you can’t have it both ways not show up and get paid as well.
Except you can because contracts are fully guaranteed under this CBA and an NBA team demanding that a well-respected vet like Iggy refuse his paycheck would probably incite another lockout and a full-on crisis for the league

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
don’t do that there’s a difference between a rap battle and having a teammates back for calling out Iguodala for that ***** move.
You mean the "***** move" (Hi, Mister Morris!) of not playing for a team that doesn't actually want him there? They never even assigned him a jersey number!

A move that’s somehow not getting him fined a criticism front the media
Why would it?

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
I couldn’t care less about the beef, but I absolutely love what the Grizzlies are doing with Andre. Don’t let these guys force their way out to go chase rings with whatever team they choose.
Why shouldn't he be allowed to "force" his way out? He was "forced" into a trade. He didn't ask to go to Memphis, and he's at a point in his career where he doesn't need to "prove" himself, for his next contract, or whatever. He has the leverage to be able to say, "I don't want to play here: either trade me, or eat my contract."

And, by the way, Memphis doesn't even want him. They didn't want him, when they traded for him: they traded him to get the draft pick from the Warriors. At this point, them holding onto Iguodala is just them being petty tyrants.

Status
Not open for further replies.