[NBA] 2024 Free Agency mega-thread

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Seems like he's saying signing Monk was irresponsible.
At something in the 4/100 range with their roster already having plenty of guards about to come up on contracts it would be.

I think 4/80 was fair value and we got him at a discount (though who knows what he'll cost if he opts out early with Bird rights).

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
so the rich ones are always rich even when there are restrictions :eek::D
Basically the only way to build now is through the draft, or to hit a big FA signing before your rookies take on second contracts.

Still I bet we see OKC cut some of their young talent rather than pay them. Basically only a team like the Dubs or Celtics that looks like they could have 3-4 titles in them will do what they did. Phoenix might be the example of a team on the other side of hopeless, although some people still regard them highly.

Some people on this forum in complete shambles over it!

But for real, not sure I love their off-season. KCP is very good and a great shooter, but he doesn't like super address what they were weak at last year. They're just all-in now on a Paolo/Franz playmaking duo continuing to make a leap.

I would have loved Tyus Jones here. Just get someone to handle playmaking responsibility, is strong defensively and can still stay out of the way on offense.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
I guess the Wizards are keeping Kuz because absolute no one is going to offer the BI package for Kuz haha
We'll see... Talk is always cheap before the contracts are being signed. If the wiz are really ready to move him the price could change but if I'm Monte I'm in no hurry to start paying the stupid prices that most teams pay in the first few days of free agency.