[NBA] 2018 Finals

Who takes the O'Brien trophy home this year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
So, at the current rate of scoring, the final score would be in the vicinity of 112-32. Yeah, I'll take it. :p

And on queue, the Cavaliers have changed their style to attack the basket and be physical. It's forced GSW to adjust their lineup and has thrown off their rhythm. And at least in the 1st half of this game, the 3pt percentage has dropped for the Warriors. The Cavs have also been posting up Curry and Klay Thompson whenever the opportunity presents itself. The Cavs decided to go old school. Go figure.

Win or lose, it's a good strategy. No team can beat GSW at their game.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
And once again I change the channel in lieu of having to watch/listen to any kind of post-game interviews with Curry, Durant or Steve Kerr. I think my idea of Hell may be revised - it may now include being forced to watch Warriors games over and over and over.

And once again I change the channel in lieu of having to watch/listen to any kind of post-game interviews with Curry, Durant or Steve Kerr. I think my idea of Hell may be revised - it may now include being forced to watch Warriors games over and over and over.
This finals must be torture for you. Either GSW gets a championship or that bum George Hill gets one after bad mouthing us on his way out.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Man, poor Lebron getting stuck with our least productive point guard while we got the pleasure of cutting loose his contract is his year in Cleveland in a nutshell.

I don't know how well De'Aaron would have done tonight but it almost certainly would have been more impactful than what Hill has done all series.

Man, poor Lebron getting stuck with our least productive point guard while we got the pleasure of cutting loose his contract is his year in Cleveland in a nutshell.

I don't know how well De'Aaron would have done tonight but it almost certainly would have been more impactful than what Hill has done all series.
But, but.. I thought he was totally doing what anyone would have expected?

Game 3 surprised me a lot. The Cavs used James as a point forward keeping him around the top of the key and the elbow. He shot little from 3 and was in good position to rebound and make assists. His pass to himself off the backboard against McGee was a jaw dropper. Cleveland defense was stout and much more physical, but you cannot stop Durant from 30 feet with a hand in his face. He was the difference, again. We expect James to play like Superman, but Durant does also in a quiet effecient non-flashy style. The guy was brilliant.

James freely admitted that playing GS is mentally tough because they make so few mistakes. Their defense was pretty great. Thompson and Curry were pretty neutralized by the defense, but Durant ran wild and plenty of guys contributed on offense.

GS is playing a masterful series and showing tremendous talent, but I still hate em.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
You know what I hate most about Golden State? They're robbing me of something I've enjoyed for the major part of my life. I'm not even going to watch game 4. The fun and excitement of watching an NBA basketball championship series has been ruined for me because of the attitude and demeanor of the Warriors, their coach and their fans. The amount of disrespect shown by Steph Curry, who had a crap game BTW, was indicative of the very attitude I simply cannot condone.

I know there are those who will watch and enjoy what they're seeing. I'm actually a little jealous of the feeling because I won't be part of it. I'd rather watch reruns of Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives than one more minute of Warriors basketball.

The more I watch, the more I tend to notice how bad Kevin Love is defensively. I wouldn't even play him in game 4 if I was Cleveland.

He basically has to put up 25 and 12 on 9 of 13 shooting to even come out at +0 with the way his defense is. GS goes at him relentlessly in the 4th quarters and it's why Cleveland can't stop them at the end of these games.

It was hard to watch, but GS played well and won the Championship.
They are what you call bad winners. Shuckin and jivin while the trophies were being presented. When Durant received the MVP trophy which he deserved, he turned his back on Bill Russell. Players were walking in front the presentation. Then for the picture session they are all showing gang signs or whatever the f*** they were. It is a sad day when professional athletes act like they are in junior high school.