[NBA] 2018 Finals

Who takes the O'Brien trophy home this year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
  • Game 1 from Oakland: May 31, 9 p.m. ET, ABC
  • Game 2 from Oakland: June 3, 8 p.m. ET, ABC
  • Game 3 from Cleveland: June 6, 9 p.m. ET, ABC
  • Game 4 from Cleveland: June 8, 9 p.m. ET, ABC
  • Game 5* from Oakland: June 11, 9 p.m. ET, ABC
  • Game 6* from Cleveland: June 14, 9 p.m. ET, ABC
  • Game 7* from Oakland: June 17, 8 p.m. ET, ABC

Oh, this again? Yawn. Let's just skip next season and watch Cavs Warriors in November. Shorten the NBA season to 7 games with two teams

Probably a sweep or a 5 game series. The Warriors/Houston series was the real finals imo. Probably should be more competitive next year when the Celtics have Kyrie and Hayward.

If it's lopsided I wonder if Silver will push for the 16 team playoff format, I think he was considering it.

I mean have you seen his teammates? it's borderline 2007 Cavaliers without Love in the line up, with him they are slightly better
Yeah it just shows how good he is. You have to put together a team with 4 all stars and 2 MVPs to beat him and a bunch of scrubs (looking at you Hill).

Man these Cavs really have a low level of skill. I can only imagine Bogdan and Buddy getting those open threes. And even Skal and WCS look better offensively than some of those bigs. Add to that Giles , KK, and #2 (Bagely?) for some rebounding... Fox to push the pace... Lebron could win the West with the Kings. We do need a SF.

Horse **** refs absolutely awful if that were my kings playing I wouldve destroyed the TV that block call was horrendous
I thought it was a bad call too -- from the standpoint that I see that same play stand all the time throughout the season AND it was LeBron James involved --- the league's best player and one of the top 2 or 3 favorites among fans.

Was LBJ technically still moving? Yes. But he clearly was in front of KD and had beaten him to the spot. It's such a 50/50 subjective play that I'm really disappointed that they changed the call on the floor. To change calls, there is supposed to be conclusive evidence to the contrary. There was evidence that LBJ was in front of the restricted area, but it's subjective and open to interpretation whether he was set and in a proper defending position. Some will he was, others will say he wasn't ---- which means it wasn't conclusive and the judgement call made on the court should have stood.

Of course GSW are the ones to benefit from it.

If Michael Jordan had the likes of JR Smith instead of Steve Kerr as some of his teammates to rely upon, he wouldn't have 6 rings.

Tonight was a prime example why the LeBron naysayers comparison's to MJ or Kobe are way off base. The guy played about as well as a player can play -- almost had a triple double while scoring a highly efficient 50+ -- and still lost because his supporting cast can't make uncontested shots or plays.

How many uncontested, open shots did LeBron create for his teammates tonight? Yet they still shot under 45%, including and 27% from three.

George Hill can't hit a lead changing FT and JR Smith has zero excuse for not knowing the situation after securing the offensive rebound.

The stage was set for the upset tonight and LeBron's teammates let him down. There's not much more the guy could have done tonight sans forcibly take the ball from his teammates the last 5 seconds of regulation ala the Teen Wolf and hitting the FT or calling the TO himself.

A W tonight could have made this an interesting series rather than the expected 4-5 games and out.

Nice job guys!

Overturning that charge was terrible. Steve Javy in command center saying its a charge. NBA fans deserve better than this.
That's the thing that makes it so frustrating. You have a long time, big game official telling it to you one way -- along with the ref that made the call on the court -- yet the eye in New Jersey sees it completely different. The fact that it is such a subjective call hearkens back to my point that it wasn't conclusive thus the original call should have stood.

For all we know, interpretation might have cost the Cavs a W. They had a 2 point lead at the time and would have had the opportunity to go up two scores with around :36 to go. If they score after the charge, GSW would have had to go into foul mode chasing points.

Huge, huge call. And I think they got it wrong because it's in no way conclusive to overturn.