NAte Robinson

M

MrBiggs

Worked out well for my NBA Live team. Nice addition if he can learn how to play point guard instead of 1 on 5 streetball.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Note: If you're going to post a bit for people to respond to and discuss, at least give them enough information to do so. I've edited your post to add the basics...

Nate Robinson Almost Sent To D-League
4th April, 2006 - 9:48 am
New York Daily News - The New York Daily News is reporting that rookie guard Nate Robinson had become such a nuisance for Larry Brown that the coach considered sending him to the Developmental League last month to work on his game and improve his attitude.

The only thing which kept Robinson on the Knicks roster was GM Isiah Thomas, whom Brown spoke to, who felt that Robinson would benefit from practicing with veteran teammates.

On Sunday, Robinson said he felt "awkward" trying to conform to Brown's wishes of being less demonstrative.

"I was not doing some of the things like I do, like getting my teammates hyped," Robinson said on Sunday. "I felt if I did that, Coach would be mad at me."

Assuming Brown returns to coach next season, Robinson is a prime candidate to be traded. The Knicks have an abundance of guards and Brown isn't convinced that Robinson, Stephon Marbury or Steve Francis is suited to be the full-time point guard.
Also, please note this article is from the New York Daily News, and NOT original at realGM.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Larry strikes again. :rolleyes:

Said early in the season that Robinson could be a Bobby Jackson type player for us. Still think so, although at this point he needs to work on both his shooting and applying that bulldog mentality on defense to get to that level. Will take a few years.

I've loved Nate since his college days, wouldn't mind if we got him at all. He'd be a great spark off the bench. Don't really think we'd go after him though, and think this isn't a long-term thing.

As far as Larry disliking him, whatever, he's just impatient and frustrated he doesn't have a true PG. They just need to get that then Nate should be fine.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Larry needs to have his *** fired is what needs to happen. The ridiculously destructive egos need to be cleared out all at once. That franchise would be in a million times better shape if it threw money at Kiki to be its GM and Adelman to be its coach next year than sticking with the current egomanical regime.