Nadal's ClayCourt streak ends? Guess who?

Well, well, well.
Things warming up just perfectly for the French. Federer puts an end to Nadal's phenomenal 81 match winning streak on clay and sets the stage for the showdown in France. Stay tuned...

Nobody talks about Roland Garros.Speaking of females Ana Ivanovic(Go Serbia:D) won against Sharapova 6-2 6-1,and Henin won against Jelena Jankovic(go Jelena:() 6-2 6-2.
Tomorow Djokovic(Go Nole:D) is playing against Nadal...I'd really like to see Djokovic - Federer game in the finals

Dream match up between Nadal and Federer tomorrow morning. I expect it too be good. I just can't turn my back on Nadal. He is a total phenom. I'm pullin for him, as usual.

On the women's side Justine is a hellion isn't she? She was steamrollin Ana w/ her ground strokes. That ball was just flying off her racket w/ a lot of velocity. Seemed like Ana did her best just to get the balls back. What a gutsy little player Justine is. Never been a big fan of hers but you gotta respect her game.

Word is that Ana was pretty nervous. Couldn't get it going.

Glad to see there are a couple of tennis fans out there....

Last edited:
I know everybody wanted Roger Federer but let's keep something in mind. This guy totally dominates the men's tour. His player points total dwarfs the competition. He skills eclipse anybody that may have ever played the game. In that sense it is good to see that there is one weakness, one challenge that he still can't overcome, Raffa on the red clay of Roland Garros.

Nadal has a lot of heart and is most deserving of this championship. It's good for the game. That Nadal still reigns supreme at the French. Still get this feeling that Roger will get everything he wants in due time. He is a phenomenal player. But not quite bionic...

Was trying to remember the name of that pesky Austrian from not too long ago that put quite a streak together on clay. Think he was left handed but can't recall his name. Incredible for hoops4kings to remember Guillermo Vilas. He was an animal on clay. Had his day for sure...

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Was trying to remember the name of that pesky Austrian from not too long ago that put quite a streak together on clay. Think he was left handed but can't recall his name. Incredible for hoops4kings to remember Guillermo Vilas. He was an animal on clay. Had his day for sure...

Blond hyper guy who had broken his leg when he was young? Top 10 in the mid-90s? Thomas Muster.

Federer is obviously much closer than Sampras was, and other than Nadal there does not seem to be as much depth of top talent between him and the title, but you do have to wonder if this will be the one he never gets, ala Pete.

It's a shame really, we will never witness a calendar Slam. The only player who could do it isn't getting any younger. Roger might win RG once, but the Grand Slam is no longer possible, I think.
Fed can't just win AO, Wimby and the US every year. I really believed he could do it this year, but sadly it will never happen. The likes of Nadal and Djokovic are right there, waiting...