Musselman era over...

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
And that's all we'd be getting-- an X's and O's coach who has a subpar feel for the game and substitution patterns that can fly in the face of common sense. Sound familiar? The co-worker/Pacers fan across the room from me is laughing at me and begging for the Kings to take him. He's worn out his welcome in Indiana. Brick is right-- too much potential to go down the same road as Mr. Powerpoint. Get a fresh face for this team who's eager to prove himself.

Well...don't pigeonhole me too much with disgruntled Indiana fans -- I still do think Carlisle, unlike Muss, has proven he can be a winner in this league and made the playoffs 5 of 6 years. What I wonder isn't that he's not a good coach, but that he's not a coach who can work in the long term. Its possible he's one of those guys ala a Doug Collins or Mike Fratello who can get good short term results, but guys just get so so tired of the crap after a few years and tune him out. Don't know that. But it would definitely be my concern with Carlisle.

And that's all we'd be getting-- an X's and O's coach who has a subpar feel for the game and substitution patterns that can fly in the face of common sense. Sound familiar? The co-worker/Pacers fan across the room from me is laughing at me and begging for the Kings to take him. He's worn out his welcome in Indiana. Brick is right-- too much potential to go down the same road as Mr. Powerpoint. Get a fresh face for this team who's eager to prove himself.

Well, that is one Pacers fan opinion, this Pacers fan opinion is quite different (and I believe I follow the Pacers more closely than your friend who lives in LA). Rick has a great feel for the game and his substitution patterns I think are top notch.

Rick Carlisle I'll say again has a much different demeanor than Doug Collins, Fratello or Muss - he does not wear out his welcome because of his overbearing personality. He never criticizes his players in the media, he never berates them along the sidelines and he is great at coming up with plays at the end of games that will get his team a good shot.

Last edited:
http://www.sacbee.com/749/story/158548.html

Kings fire Musselman
Sam Amick - Bee Staff Writer

Published 11:55 am PDT Friday, April 20, 2007

Print | E-Mail | Comments (0)

Eric Musselman was fired as Kings coach Friday after one season on, The Bee has learned through an anonymous source who wouldn't go on record for fear of retribution.

The decision comes after the Kings' 33-49 finish marked their worst season since 1998-99, with Musselman only part of what was a flawed formula from the start. From his arrest for driving under the influence after the team's first home exhibition win to a late stretch in which the Kings lost 17 of 23 games, very little went right for the coach or his team.

After former coach Rick Adelman was not resigned last May, it became clear that his team's perceived inability to defend consistently was a major factor in a decision to let him go driven by team co-owners Joe and Gavin Maloof. Musselman - who was given a three-year contract worth more than $7 million - entered with a defensive mindset and, as Petrie said at the time, was "not afraid to juice up the offense."

But his defense finished the regular season ranked 24th in the league (103.1 points per game), far below the 2005-06 Kings team that was 17th (97.3). There was some juice in the offense, if not as much ball movement or chemistry as in years past. The Kings finished ranked eight in scoring (101.3 points per game).

Does this mean I can drink Kool-Aid again ?;)