Movie thread - PLEASE, NO SPOILERS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My sister brought over "Million Dollar Baby" and asked me if I wanted to watch it. She didn't get a chance to watch it yet, so she doesn't know if it's any good. It has been sitting around for a while so finally I thought hey lets see if it's "all that". I mean it did win top notch awards at the Academy. I never read any of the reviews or summary and I thought it was some boxing movie.

Wow, this movie is great, moving and aspiring with excellent acting.

I was watching it late at night and not once was I bored or sleepy.

watched Easter Parade last night. Still a very good movie. I especially like watching Fred Astaire dance.

one of the benefits of not having any type of cable service, you get to watch a lot of movies. ;)

i watched "waiting for guffman" it was so funny!!! not as funny as best in show, but i still thought it was very funny. i can't wait to see a mighty wind, i hear that one is hilarious

we watched Barbie's Fairytopia (really cute movie if you have kids,especially young girls who like barbie)

then we watched The Scorpion King...nice action flick. ;)

O

ONEZERO

all i gotta say is 40 YEAR OLD VIRGIN. that movie is hilarious. not as funny as wedding crashers, but its up there.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I just saw a movie that I never thought would ever cross my mind as a "good" movie.

Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story...The first thing I thought to myself after seeing it for the first time was..."How in the world do you make a good movie about dodgeball?!" Ben Stiller, who I usually dont like, played his role perfectly.

Also, the color comentator on ESPN 8 "The ocho" has some great lines...Really gets to you if you appreciate commentary, and what a normal color-man does.

SLAB said:
I just saw a movie that I never thought would ever cross my mind as a "good" movie.

Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story...The first thing I thought to myself after seeing it for the first time was..."How in the world do you make a good movie about dodgeball?!" Ben Stiller, who I usually dont like, played his role perfectly.

Also, the color comentator on ESPN 8 "The ocho" has some great lines...Really gets to you if you appreciate commentary, and what a normal color-man does.
F'in A, cotton, F'in A

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I finally got to see "Hide n Seek." And it was well worth the wait.

Dakota Fanning is unbelievable.

Watch it with the lights out!

;)

let see...

i dropped off "sleepy hollow" which was alright. kinda wierd at the end, but i loved johnny depp. i also dropped off "pollock" and a french movie called " he loves me he loves me not"

pollock was very powerful. what a sad life he lived, even worse for his wife. that must have been so hard.

i LOVED " he loves me he loves me not" oh it was so good. it stars audrey tatou, and it's about her obsession with the neighbor of the lady she's housesitting. if you like french movies, or audrey tatou, you will really enjoy this movie.

and netflix rocks :D

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I had missed SAW. I watched it tonight. Talk about an inventive and very creative plot. I won't soon forget it... not for the faint-hearted, however, especially not towards the end.

i watched the orignal "batman" and wow... that was not what i thought it would be. jack nicholson was great as the joker, but man did micheal keaton look like a geek as bruce wayne.

i'm currently addicted to " the soprano's" on netflix, and i have a huge deliema as i just watched the first disc of " desperate housewives" its going to be hard to decide what to watch first :D

i watched "batman returns" and i really don't ilke micheal keaton as batman. he just doesn't do it for me. michelle pheifer was cool as catwoman.

i'm addicted to desperate housewives on DVD. i need to buy the box set :D

I am not a baseball fan but I really enjoyed "Pitch Fever".

Plus, if you haven't seen "Crash", do so because it was more than I have expected and it was highly entertaining.

i want to see corpse bride, but knowing me, i'll probably wait till video.

i watched " batman forever" last night. it was alright, pretty corny, but i did like jim carrey as the riddler. he's one goofy guy.

i'm in a batman rut, thats for sure. i've never seen the older ones, so i'm seeing them all waiting until the 18th of october when batman begins is out on DVD so i can actually be entertained by a batman movie......

Status
Not open for further replies.