Moses Moody vs James Bouknight: Better rookie year?

Who had the better Rookie year?

• Moses Moody

• James Bouknight

• Tie: No winner

Results are only viewable after voting.
Holy! Mind-blowing donation man, thank you. It's amazing how much a welch on a charity bet can truly bring everyone together ultimately helps a great cause. That's $1650 total posted donations with $1000 from yourself, the $500 from PDX, the $100 from Capt and the $50 from me.

Sacramento Youth Symphony gets some incredible donations from some amazing KF.com members and I get the immense satisfaction of being right and 1-0 vs KB02 in bets. Pretty much the definition of a "win-win"
Wouldn’t have known about the charity if not for you. Nice work.

Happy ending to an awful start. Kb02 should be ashamed. Good luck getting anyone to take you at your word again here (not that you'll care).

I applaud everyone that has donated. I'm sure there will be some happy people today seeing these unexpected donations.

Happy ending to an awful start. Kb02 should be ashamed. Good luck getting anyone to take you at your word again here (not that you'll care).

I applaud everyone that has donated. I'm sure there will be some happy people today seeing these unexpected donations.
lolzzz

KB02 is trying to welch on a charity bet we had before the season. Who do you think had the better rookie season?

Moody:
52 games-11 starts
11.7 MPG
4.6 PPG
1.5 RPG
0.4 APG

57.3% TS (36.4% from 3)
15.2% USG
.101 WS/48
-0.1 VORP
-2.5 BPM

Season best: 30 points on 10-23 shooting, 3 REB, 1 AST, 1 Steal

Bouknight:
31 games-0 starts
9.8 MPG
4.6 PPG
1.7 RPG
0.8 APG

45.9% TS (34.7% from 3)
23.7% USG
.001 WS/48
23.7% USG
-0.4 VORP
-7.1 BPM

Season best: 24 points on 9-14 shooting, 6 reb, 0 assist, 0 steal

Edit: I'll respect whatever the board decides, which is what we had agreed to initially.
Better check your stats. https://stathead.com/basketball/pcm...oodymo01&player_id1=bouknja01&sum=0&request=1

The reality is it’s not worth comparing two horrible players, but if you’re going to do so, you should at least relay accurate data. Moody had a lower points per game (your Moody ppg is wrong) and lower free throw percentage while playing more minutes. Bouknight had a higher assists, rebound, and steal percentage. But, of course, those stats were omitted, because it didn’t fit your narrative.

Last edited:
I find it funny that the player with the better ppg, assists per game, rebounds per game, the better free throw percentage, higher rebound rate, assists rate, and steals rate is voted to have the worse year.

https://stathead.com/basketball/pcm...oodymo01&player_id1=bouknja01&sum=0&request=1

Bith sucked, but this poll is a popularity contest that is not rooted in facts.
I like both of you guys and still voted for Moody because I thought he looked better than Bouknight. His advanced stats are much better too. Bouk with a -0.4 VORP in limited time on the court? That basically has him on pace to be dead last in the league.

I couldn't even remember who either of you guys had picked anyway.

I like both of you guys and still voted for Moody because I thought he looked better than Bouknight. His advanced stats are much better too. Bouk with a -0.4 VORP in limited time on the court? That basically has him on pace to be dead last in the league.

I couldn't even remember who either of you guys had picked anyway.
Because of the sample size and the delta between the two in various categories, the differences are really rounding errors. Moody had a -0.1 VORP, Bouknight had a -0.4 VORP, but what does that say exactly when the delta is meh. Bouknight edges Moody in every traditional counting stat (PPG, APG, RPG), but the delta is meh. There is no world, beyond one based on a popularity contest, where the data leads to the conclusion that Moody was the better player by an 18 to 1 margin.

In betting terms, a $100 bet on Moody would've returned $106. While a bet on Bouknight would've returned $1.8K. While the delta on the data is effectively a rounding error in various categories and where Bouknight had better stats in roughly half the categories. Vegas would call the feds.

Last edited:
Because of the sample size and the delta between the two in various categories, the differences are really rounding errors. Moody had a -0.1 VORP, Bouknight had a -0.4 VORP, but what does that say exactly when the delta is meh. Bouknight edges Moody in every traditional counting stat (PPG, APG, RPG), but the delta is meh. There is no world, beyond one based on a popularity contest, where the data leads to the conclusion that Moody was the better player by an 18 to 1 margin.

In betting terms, a $100 bet on Moody would've returned $106. While a bet on Bouknight would've returned $1.8K. While the delta on the data is effectively a rounding error in various categories and where Bouknight had better stats in roughly half the categories. Vegas would call the feds.
You'd have a leg to stand on if you put any of these stipulations into the bet, but you didn't. What you're doing is just not a good look, whether you think it's fair or not. I don't think it's as much of a popularity contest as you think. If you had bet Herb Jones instead of Bouk, you'd be winning the poll 20-0 but you just didn't make the correct bet.

People just thought that Moody had a better year, despite neither guys playing that much. Bouk may have some counting stats in his favor but more important stats like TS% are down in the dumps for him while they're respectable for Moody.

I've bet a coworker 4 times over the years about the Kings and I've won all 4 times because I told him I don't make bets unless I know I'm going to win them. Your bet was never a sure thing from the start so it should be no surprise to you that you didn't win.

What are we talking about here?

You said "Deal." when he offered that the bet be decided by a poll. You didn't say "No, I will not take that deal because it will be a popularity contest."

You'd have a leg to stand on if you put any of these stipulations into the bet, but you didn't. What you're doing is just not a good look, whether you think it's fair or not. I don't think it's as much of a popularity contest as you think. If you had bet Herb Jones instead of Bouk, you'd be winning the poll 20-0 but you just didn't make the correct bet.

People just thought that Moody had a better year, despite neither guys playing that much. Bouk may have some counting stats in his favor but more important stats like TS% are down in the dumps for him while they're respectable for Moody.

I've bet a coworker 4 times over the years about the Kings and I've won all 4 times because I told him I don't make bets unless I know I'm going to win them. Your bet was never a sure thing from the start so it should be no surprise to you that you didn't win.
I've donated to a charity, of my choosing, because the poll is a popularity contest. I even paid the transaction charge and 3x amount of the bet. Thought about matching PDX, but I don't want to flex as hard as him.

ARF.jpg

Didn't want to post all of these because I knew KB02 would have cried about it, so tried to just keep the most basic stats with the 2 guys. But yeah, it's no contest
Again, it's the delta that matters. (Delta/Average Rating) = Magnitude. Likely less than 1% difference. Essentially a rounding error across each of the categories both traditional and advanced. They both disappointed.

I've donated to a charity, of my choosing, because the poll is a popularity contest. I even paid the transaction charge and 3x amount of the bet. Thought about matching PDX, but I don't want to flex as hard as him.

View attachment 11029
I'll keep the McNair fired at the deadline bet up, since you did technically donate somewhere (although of course not how we agreed in the most KB02 way possible) and 3x'ed our initial bet amount.

edit: Nvm, taking props back. I look forward to being 2-0

Last edited:

If you would have replied with these stats backings your argument in the first place or even went with, it’s a tie and we both lose so we should both donate $100 to a charity of our choosing, instead of “I didn’t lose” and “I’m not donating to sh*t”, you wouldn’t have lost the respect of 98% of this forum. Even though most of the board doesn’t agree with your views on fox or other aspects, most of the time you try to back up your argument with stats, data or situations etc. I’m probably one in the board that disagrees with you a lot but respect that you stick to your guns but back it up with your own data. While I respect that you donated to a charity in the end, it was done after you backed out of a bet and were called out on it which does little to earn back what little respect most of us had left for you. Which you stated you probably don’t care about anyways. For one that keeps claiming it’s a popularity contest, backing out of a charity bets isn’t the way to get people on your side

If you would have replied with these stats backings your argument in the first place or even went with, it’s a tie and we both lose so we should both donate $100 to a charity of our choosing, instead of “I didn’t lose” and “I’m not donating to sh*t”, you wouldn’t have lost the respect of 98% of this forum. Even though most of the board doesn’t agree with your views on fox or other aspects, most of the time you try to back up your argument with stats, data or situations etc. I’m probably one in the board that disagrees with you a lot but respect that you stick to your guns but back it up with your own data. While I respect that you donated to a charity in the end, it was done after you backed out of a bet and were called out on it which does little to earn back what little respect most of us had left for you. Which you stated you probably don’t care about anyways. For one that keeps claiming it’s a popularity contest, backing out of a charity bets isn’t the way to get people on your side
The poll wasn’t based on merit, it was a popularity contest. This will be the last bet that i make that leaves the final decision to subjective views. It’ll be black and white going forward. i made the donation based solely on closing the drama. Yhall can see how you want it.

As for respect, don’t need it. My self esteem certainly isn’t based on what a board thinks. I’ll call things like how I see them. McNair is middlng GM. Fox doesn’t play winning ball. The sooner both are gone, the better.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
This will be the last bet that i make that leaves the final decision to subjective views.
Not that anybody would be likely to bet with you again, but based on your behavior in this thread, you will not be making any more charity bets on KF.com. You have lost the privilege.

You and Jamal may honor the outstanding McNair bet or not, but that's it for you.