Monte McNair, Harrison Barnes, and Riding the Starfox

Yeh I’m really enjoying this win tonight and the recent streak but I’m not falling for it a second time at least not yet. And like coach said, we don’t have any time to put this together, it has to be right now. It will be interesting to see the new guys find their best role on the squad. And believe it or not I’m looking forward to Bagley coming back ( off the bench) Maybe he can give us that offensive punch I think we are going to need in the second unit.

Would be super cool to look back on this game in a few years that kick-started the true Kings upswing. Similar to how we remember the Horry shot as the beginning of the downfall.
Nah, Q4 of Game 6 was the beginning of the downfall. They were gonna win a championship despite the Horry shot, until Q4 GM6 happened.

I feel like the last time we posted a Luke Walton locker room rally talk it was “TOMORROWS THE SUPER BOWL LETS GET OUT OF HERE!”

... then they proceeded to lose nearly every single game up until this current streak.

Hopefully history is kinder this time.
My God i pray so. That got real dark for a while there

Last edited:
Since the start of the FIRST hot stretch of 7-1, the team has gone 16 and 15. I would be very happy if this team hit .500 by end of the year (playoffs or not), but I never thought the highs and lows would be so extreme.
That currently would make the play-in and possibly the eighth seed. Remember the first years of the Sacramento Kings, the Bee would keep a tag of how many games before elimination. ..... Think the first year was how many wins and loss combinations for making it but not certain of that. Thought that would be a decent thread but currently a itty-bitty chance of six seed with someone else's required implosion. But anywhere from 7th seed to 12/13th seed is in play. Too many variables currently. At least for this simpleton.......

Since the start of the FIRST hot stretch of 7-1, the team has gone 16 and 15. I would be very happy if this team hit .500 by end of the year (playoffs or not), but I never thought the highs and lows would be so extreme.
Hopefully if we make the playin or playoffs we will start another hot streak. ::fingers crossed::

That currently would make the play-in and possibly the eighth seed. Remember the first years of the Sacramento Kings, the Bee would keep a tag of how many games before elimination. ..... Think the first year was how many wins and loss combinations for making it but not certain of that. Thought that would be a decent thread but currently a itty-bitty chance of six seed with someone else's required implosion. But anywhere from 7th seed to 12/13th seed is in play. Too many variables currently. At least for this simpleton.......
I do remember that... .sort of the inverse of the "magic number" for clinching a playoff spot. Sad that Sac fans always have to look at things through that lens. lol

As you say, I think there are now way too many variables in how the play-in works. If I remember correctly, not only do you have to get to the 9th/10th seed, but have to also be close enough in the standings to the 8th seed or they just win it outright.

I do remember that... .sort of the inverse of the "magic number" for clinching a playoff spot. Sad that Sac fans always have to look at things through that lens. lol

As you say, I think there are now way too many variables in how the play-in works. If I remember correctly, not only do you have to get to the 9th/10th seed, but have to also be close enough in the standings to the 8th seed or they just win it outright.
I thought they had to be close enough also but now I am confused. I looked what ESPN had and it didn't indicate that. It showed that the 7th and 8th seeded teams will play to see who is the 7th seed while the 9th and 10th seed teams will play to see who gets to play the loser of 7th/8th seed game for the 8th seed.

If you end the season as the 7th or 8th seed you only have to win one of two but if 8th or 9th, two of two to make the playoffs. If any year was to break the consecutive non-playoff streak, this would be it.

Hard to believe that the team that lost nine in a row is the same team as this squad that has won 5 of 6 but that’s Luke for ya.
When Vinny Del Negro had the Clippers rolling, someone asked him “what do you call that offense you’re running?” And Vinny said “it’s called the Chris Paul offense.” If Walton survives here, it will be because of Fox’s trajectory. And one day Luke will answer that question with “it’s called the D’Aaron Fox offense.”

I feel like the last time we posted a Luke Walton locker room rally talk it was “TOMORROWS THE SUPER BOWL LETS GET OUT OF HERE!”

... then they proceeded to lose nearly every single game up until this current streak.

Hopefully history is kinder this time.
What I dont understand is how is it that we are only 4 games back from .500? Seemed like we were losing every game for a month.