Monte McNair, Harrison Barnes, and Riding the Starfox

I thought they had to be close enough also but now I am confused. I looked what ESPN had and it didn't indicate that. It showed that the 7th and 8th seeded teams will play to see who is the 7th seed while the 9th and 10th seed teams will play to see who gets to play the loser of 7th/8th seed game for the 8th seed.

If you end the season as the 7th or 8th seed you only have to win one of two but if 8th or 9th, two of two to make the playoffs. If any year was to break the consecutive non-playoff streak, this would be it.
Crazy to think that you could finish the regular season as the 7th seed....and then 2 games later be eliminated before the first round. It certainly makes earning the 6th seed more valuable

I thought they had to be close enough also but now I am confused. I looked what ESPN had and it didn't indicate that. It showed that the 7th and 8th seeded teams will play to see who is the 7th seed while the 9th and 10th seed teams will play to see who gets to play the loser of 7th/8th seed game for the 8th seed.

If you end the season as the 7th or 8th seed you only have to win one of two but if 8th or 9th, two of two to make the playoffs. If any year was to break the consecutive non-playoff streak, this would be it.
The 10th seed is in no matter what. It's really the only way a play-in scenario works

Crazy to think that you could finish the regular season as the 7th seed....and then 2 games later be eliminated before the first round. It certainly makes earning the 6th seed more valuable
Man, it would suck balls if the kings miraculously ended up with the 7th seed and choke. Thus continuing our streak of missing the playoffs. :confused::(:mad:

When Vinny Del Negro had the Clippers rolling, someone asked him “what do you call that offense you’re running?” And Vinny said “it’s called the Chris Paul offense.” If Walton survives here, it will be because of Fox’s trajectory. And one day Luke will answer that question with “it’s called the D’Aaron Fox offense.”
And now it's up to Walton again to just stick with it. Last time they made a similar run he couldn't wait to reinstate his motion offense that then very quickly led to the longest drought the team suffered all year. Be the cheerleader Luke. That's all you have to be.