Michael Redd to Sacto a possibility? (split)

did anyone else notice that caption re: the Bucks with Michael Redd being an unrestricted free agent after this season & whether or not the Bucks would make a move at all to move him? that was pretty interesting to know as far as i'm concerned. any chance he can land in Sacto?

Go KINGS!!!!

The Bucks could get much more for a great player like Mike Redd than the Kings would offer, other than Peja. And if we're going to trade Peja, I'd much rather trade him for a superstar-caliber player like Paul Pierce. And besides, the Cavs are just foaming at the mouth to get Redd or Ray Allen and they're probably willing to part with much more than the Kings are. Same with Denver.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I split this because it was totally lost in the Rick Adelman for Coach of the Year thread.

VF21 said:
I split this because it was totally lost in the Rick Adelman for Coach of the Year thread.
Yeah, sorry about that VF. :) I was getting ready to go authoritarian on those rebels up there and tell them to get back on topic. :mad:

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
No longer any need for him with Mobley onboard. He would have been the OG replacement, but we got one. And since he's similar to Peja, except smaller, see no reason to trade the bigger shooter you know for the smaller one you don't (without a contract to boot).

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
There are only two possible ways that Michael Redd could end up in Sacramento:

(1) Redd tells the Bucks he has no intention of re-signing with them and they look to deal him at the trade deadline. For some reason they decide to trade him to the Kings for a package including Mobley and BJax. Although this is technically possible, the Bucks would no doubt get better offers if this were the case.

(2) Redd becomes an UFA. He spurns more lucrative offers to sign for the full MLE with the Kings. Why would he do that? I have no idea.

The chances of the Kings landing Redd are slim to none, and slim left town. Well, they could deal Peja for him, but what's the point? The Kings already have several SGs on the roster and it would leave them incredibly undersized (if they played Redd and Mobley on the wings) or with Barnes as their starting SF.

No, I think Redd will either sign a one year deal with Milwaukee and then cash in next year with full Bird rights or sign with the Cavaliers.

He says he's happy in Milwaukee, but he grew up in Ohio, would make a nice compliment to LeBron, and could get a sizable chunk of the Cavs caproom to do so.

The only other teams projected to have significant cap space in the offseason are Atlanta (who has too many young wings anyway and need a 1 & 5) and the Warriors, who are a mess right now and whose best player is also a shooting guard.

My money's on Cleveland.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Can't trade Mobley along with anybody else this year because of CBA rules (been traded too recently). Nor can I imagine why we'd want to givent he way he's working out.