Michael Porter Jr

I can't speak for anyone else, but he's my nightmare pick primarily because of his injury and then his inability to get out of bed. Those are flares I cannot ignore. We're the Kings, where players break their legs while practicing against chairs (Brad Miller), break their hand tripping over a moving box when they first arrive (Greg Ostertag), sustain a lingering injury when they retrieve a ball wedged against the backboard (Francisco Garcia), sustain an injury when a medicine ball they're exercising with explodes (also Francisco Garcia) etc. Bringing in someone with a 10% chance of further problems because of a medical procedure just seems like spitting in the face of fate.
I find myself going back and forth on MPJ, but what keeps coming back to me is..."Can he make it through the rigors of an NBA season?" His physical health during this time period seems persnickety at best. I'm rooting for MPJ as an individual, but as a Kings player Marvin is looking better and better to me.

During his Monday appearance on "The Will Cain Show" on ESPN Radio, the former Missouri star said he's "feeling great" and wouldn't pass up the opportunity to get in another workout for a prospective team ahead of Thursday's draft.

"It's a possibility," Porter said. "I feel good. ... I got evaluated. I let the doctors come in and do all their tests on me. I'm feeling good. I think the teams are comfortable, but I might get a couple workouts in."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nb...jr-feeling-great-after-evaluations/ar-AAyOUuz

Please don't call him Vlade

The attempt to defraud continues. This is not a truly confident player. This is a player trying to convince himself of how good (great) he is as much as everyone else. There is something strange psychologically here too, in one breath to compare yourself to KD and Giannis, and then say you are honored to be in the conversation with these players. You didn't hear Bagley say "I am a Chris Bosh type player but faster and better and its an honor to be compared to him." Front office personnel will see through this bluster and I think it can actually hurt his draft stock. He should have shut up be humble and let his actions speak for themselves during pre-draft workout. But since he could not even workout bluster is all he has. I predict the Kings Grizzlies and Mavs will pass on him.

Haha, I thought you were talking about Doncic when you were talking about hype. In my opinion, I think Doncic will be a bust. I will gladly be proven wrong as I hate to see any kid bust.

I just don’t see the explosion and burst to be successful. I see a kid using step backs to make space at the Euro level. Longer athletic players are going to eat him up. His max elevation is getting his hand above the rim. Makes him easier to block because the downward trajectory doesn’t happen fast enough. Lastly he’s not a Markennan, Porzingis, Bogdan level shooter.

Porter may never get there due to injury but if healthy he has a chance. I don’t see much upside with Luka.
So many holes in this argument.

1. Gordon Hayward is not any more athletic than Dončić and he ks far from a bust.
2. Bogdan at the same age as Luka was nowhere near as good a shooter as Dončić is now. Bogdan could not create off the dribble, was only a catch and shoot type of player and had no where near the vision or the basketball IQ that he possesses now.

I have my own concerns with Dončić but I genuinely shake my head when I see people taking pot shots at his shooting or his athleticism.

He might not be a franchise level player (we don’t know) but Luka won’t be a bust. He will be a very good NBA player.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Are you reading correctly? There is present and past tense. I said trade. Not traded.
Yes, I'm a native speaker. And the use of the phrase "Spurs just trade" as a present-tense construct in this context actually is a bit confusing. "Spurs trade" as a present-tense shorthand is sometimes done in trade proposals, but adding the word "just" is unusual and suggests that possibly you intended to type "just traded" and missed the final "d". Which is why I asked.

Assuming he can get out of bed. But truthfully he's a cross between KD and Giannis, but more physical and aggressive. And if you don't believe this just ask him. :rolleyes: I cannot wait for the Kings, Grizzlies and Mavs to pass on him.

Very humble guy... He names KD and Giannis, and then he goes "It doesn't feel bad to be in the same conversation as them". Nobody is having that conversation my dear MPJ, just YOU!