Miami Heat Fan Support is Embarassing

Watching Game #1 - 2nd Round - Heat vs Wizards ... on TV

Look at ALL THOSE EMPTY SEATS ....

Geez, I'd walk right up to a scalper ... offer him 5 maybe 10 bucks .... what's he gonna say ... and I'm talkin' FRONTROW SEATS !!!

Are you sure those are empty seats? I guess their red shirts camouflage the red seats so I wasn't sure if those seats were empty or not, but I will take your words for it

F

Fillmoe

i thought they were empty seats too but if u look close the heat must have been handing out red shirts or something because theres alot of em

Do the people at the game each get a red shirt or something? Because it seems like the whole arena has red ants!

I think you just saw teh end of the game. It was a blowout so people left early.

I was lookin' real close .... and it's being broadcast in HD.

I tell ya, those seats look empty to me. I know there were alot of red shirts out there, but I don't see that many faces or heads, arms, hands ... I'm looking and there's no movement or anything ... either that ... OR THEIR ALL DEAD.

See, now you make me wanna look again ... but the game is over ... I'll have to watch ESPNHD to tell now. I'll get back to ya'll

End of the game - blowout, so people left early ... that could be. I didn't watch the game in its' entirety ...

You All Could Be Right ....

My apologies Heat Fans !!!

I watched the Wizards come back from being like 17 down to down by 2 at the half. Left and came back and the Heat were up by 16-17 points AGAIN and the game was almost over. Most of the crowd must've left by then ... what ... did LA move to Miami (heh-heh) ???

The attendance at the game was 20,000+ .... so, my bad.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
That's okay, Al. I was watching NBATV and they showed highlights. I was looking and could only see red. Next thing I know, Miami scored and that sea of red moved. :eek:

6th said:
That's okay, Al. I was watching NBATV and they showed highlights. I was looking and could only see red. Next thing I know, Miami scored and that sea of red moved. :eek:
All of that red and yellow damn near burned out my television tube. Even the wood on the court looks "radioactive orange".

Definitely my bad ...

Here's the proof ...

I had to tune-in near the end of the game ... I'm sure the seats were empty ... my eyes ain't that bad !!!

Yea, I was watching the game with my Dad, and we too commented on the small turnout at the Heat game. Then, he mentioned that it WAS mother's day, and a lot of people aren't going to celebrate the holiday by going to a sporting event. I'm sure there will be more butts in the seats in Game 2.

Ryan

I like turtles
JayBird said:
Yea, I was watching the game with my Dad, and we too commented on the small turnout at the Heat game. Then, he mentioned that it WAS mother's day, and a lot of people aren't going to celebrate the holiday by going to a sporting event. I'm sure there will be more butts in the seats in Game 2.
It's not just mothers' day. The heat, dispite SHAQ, have never had good attendence. Shaquille O'Neal going to Miami is like, well, the NBA in Miami, the NHL in Miami and Major League Baseball in Miami - they always have poor attendence. Your eyes were not misled, there were epty seats, even empty rows. The Heat's attendance was down for the third straight year last season, an average of 15,207 — 24th in the NBA. Miami is simply a town with no passion for basketball.

Ryan@CU said:
It's not just mothers' day. The heat, dispite SHAQ, have never had good attendence. Shaquille O'Neal going to Miami is like, well, the NBA in Miami, the NHL in Miami and Major League Baseball in Miami - they always have poor attendence. Your eyes were not misled, there were epty seats, even empty rows. The Heat's attendance was down for the third straight year last season, an average of 15,207 — 24th in the NBA. Miami is simply a town with no passion for basketball.
The whole reason for the red shirts was so you couldn't tell whether or not anyone was in the seats. Great marketing ploy.

Okay, You Be the Judge ....

Over @nba.com in the VIDEOS of THE DAY, there's a video for the DUNK of the NIGHT featuring Wade of the Heat vs The Wizards. There's a CLEAR VIEW of the stands behind one of the benches .... you tell me if there's people sitting where THE RED is ... I can clearly see people sitting down and RED AREAS THAT LOOK EMPTY TO ME.

You be the judge ...

Here's the link: http://www.nba.com/video/

Look for DUNK OF THE NIGHT

F

Fillmoe

im watching the miami game right now 4 minutes into the quarter and i see a whole lot of empty chairs........

Thank You ...so am I .... I mean I am gettin' so freakin' close to the TV, any closer and I'd be IN MIAMI !!!

And yes .... THERE ARE ALOT OF EMPTY SEATS !!!!

Not that I care ... but, I was just making sure that I am seeing what I am seeing (if that makes any sesnse).

F

Fillmoe

why are people still sitting so far back? i would just move up..... theres a whole front row lane empty

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
You can't move up. Ushers will kindly but firmly ask to see your tickets and direct you back to where you belong. Late arrivals are still coming in ...

You could get round-trip tickets to Miami, get a hotel room and very close to COURT-SIDE SEATS ... probably for a really great price.

Just for 4 tix to go to game #3 (Kings vs Sonics) was valued at $640.00.

Heat scalpers are not getting much MEAT ON THE TABLE TONITE !!!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
It could also be that people are expecting the Heat to sweep the Wizards easily and are going to wait until the ECF to spend their money for tickets...

I mean, it is the Wizards. ;)

Thusly summoned shall I speak to ye inquirers...

What's going on is that the prevailing feelings are this... 1) Summer. There is a lot to do during Miami in the summer. 2) The Heat are pretty much expected to make it to the ECFinals with Pop'n Fresh and Dwayne Wade. 3) The Wiz are considered a barely playoff team (fans here have a paradoxical relationship in which the expectations of success are set at Laker standards while the expected possibility of failure is positively Grizzlies-in-Vancouverish, meaning they are alternatively too afraid of the Heat choking a series away and yet expect the Heat to lay waste to the Wizards. 4) The Miami curse. Fans here do not care about sports unless a championship is involved (very "unknowledgeable" fan bases; mainly know what the newspaper tells them, few message boards, etc. etc.), which the nation has embarassingly seen with the Marlins, the Panthers (NHL), 'Canes (UM), and occasionally, even the 'Fins.

Basically, there are a collection of wussy reasons for the lack of fan support in this city. Demographics, economics, and realistic expectations all read negative for fan support in Miami.

6th said:
What I want to know is how the owner can pay Shaq's massive contract with so many empty seats. Geez!
The people that do buy tickets are paying like $12 billion for nosebleeds at face value, but ownership groups down here get all sorts of tax incentives, deferred taxes, ownership of parking garages (parking money year 'round, not just for games), basically, Miami pays teams to play here.