Meet the Monarchs - June 5th

Nicole Powell
Come meet your 2005 Sacramento Monarchs at

Meet the Monarchs at William Land Park!

On Sunday, June 5, from 2:00 - 5:00 p.m., the entire Monarchs team will be hosting a family fun day at William Land Park. There will be games and contests, snacks and drinks, Monty, the Hip Hop Crew, music and of course autographs from your favorite Monarchs players! Please bring a lawn chair or blanket to sit on, some sunscreen, a camera, and something to be autographed. And, since this event is open to the public, please bring along your family, friends and neighbors too!

Meet the Monarchs will be located in between Fairytale Town and the Sacramento Zoo. Free street parking is available. We'll see you there!

View a Map of William Land Park here.

For complete Sacramento Monarchs coverage, visit sacramentomonarchs.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Whoever's going, please have fun......I'll be riding around Lake Tahoe that day...oh boy!!!!

have fun yall. Let me know what yall think of Haynie off the court. They come to Minnesota on Sunday, and I want to get Haynies autograph, but can't since I'll be working. UGH oh well, I'll get to interview her so that will make up for it. I can't wait til Sunday. I hope Lawson will be able to play.

What is the word on TPen? Did she get hurt also last week? I heard she did, then I heard she didn't. I like watching her play, she has some AMAZING passing skills. Well may the best team win.

One more thing, any new news on how Haynies ankle is? When do they think she'll play again?

:D Yahooo!! I can't wait till The first weekend of June. First opening night, and now I get to meet the Monarchs, it dont get no better than this. I met all of last years Monarchs, but since we have quite a few new additions june 5th should be reeeal fun. But uhh I havent quite convinced my mom on staying the night on June 4th so yea wish me luck in convincing my mom to take me to the 'meet the monarchs' thing. She probably wont be too happy tho cuz she'll have to pay 4 her hotel, n a hotel 4 me n my 3 friends that im taking haha.:) yessssss i finally get to meet Chelsea Newton!

have fun yall. Let me know what yall think of Haynie off the court. They come to Minnesota on Sunday, and I want to get Haynies autograph, but can't since I'll be working. UGH oh well, I'll get to interview her so that will make up for it. I can't wait til Sunday. I hope Lawson will be able to play.
I've already had a chance to meet Kristen off the court. I went on the season ticket holder road trip to Phoenix, and last Friday night they had an ice cream social at Majerle's. The players came in the back door from the bus, and Kristen just walked up to our table and asked, "Mind if I join you?" :D

She is the greatest person to talk to. She says she loves Sacramento already -- that everyone is friendly, even those who don't know who she is. I think she and Newton are getting a lot of rookie harrassment, because they were both very afraid they would get left behind when the bus left, so they went out to get on it before anyone else.

Erin Buescher also joined us at our table, then later on Becky Brunson stopped by and we regaled her with stories of back in the day when we played ball -- since I was probably the youngest at the table (and I'm in my mid-x0's ;) ) -- we were telling her about the three dribble rule, and rovers, etc. She looked amazed!

I also got to talk to Powell's mom for quite a while. She's a terrific person, too, and their relationship seems very close.

Anyway, if you ever get a chance to attend one of these functions, go for it! You'll definitely have a blast.

GO MONARCHS!!!
HoopMatron

HoopMatron said:
I've already had a chance to meet Kristen off the court. I went on the season ticket holder road trip to Phoenix, and last Friday night they had an ice cream social at Majerle's. The players came in the back door from the bus, and Kristen just walked up to our table and asked, "Mind if I join you?" :D

She is the greatest person to talk to. She says she loves Sacramento already -- that everyone is friendly, even those who don't know who she is. I think she and Newton are getting a lot of rookie harrassment, because they were both very afraid they would get left behind when the bus left, so they went out to get on it before anyone else.

Erin Buescher also joined us at our table, then later on Becky Brunson stopped by and we regaled her with stories of back in the day when we played ball -- since I was probably the youngest at the table (and I'm in my mid-x0's ;) ) -- we were telling her about the three dribble rule, and rovers, etc. She looked amazed!

I also got to talk to Powell's mom for quite a while. She's a terrific person, too, and their relationship seems very close.

Anyway, if you ever get a chance to attend one of these functions, go for it! You'll definitely have a blast.

GO MONARCHS!!!
HoopMatron

Damn season ticket holders get to have all the fun!... BOOOOOOOOOO!:p

That's a great story. Thanks for sharing it with us. I'm going to try and talk to Hayine on Sunday before the game. I'll see what the vets are doing to the rookies.

I've met Nicole Powell during the Atlanta Final Four in 2003. She was a jr and was at the WBCA all star games. She was there with Lindsay Whalen, Kelly Mazzante, and Nicole Ohlde. Someone I was with new Ohlde so he brought over to them and introduced me. He told Nicole I was the best badmitten player in Minnesota, she got excited ( I guess she loves some badmitten) and we challenged each other to a game. I DO NOT play bm, I was mad he said that. Anyway, I went to a WNBA party later that night in the host hotel and I saw her in the lobby and she stopped me and asked about BM. I told her I didn't play, I play softball.

Then I saw her in the 2004 Final Four in New Orleans (YAY Gophers!!) and I was walking Bourbon Street with one of the friends I was with and we saw Nicole, we stopped and talked with her and she brought us into a bar with her, she is a good dancer. She's such a nice person. Erin is a sweetheart as well. I got to talk to her alittle bit while she was a Lynx.

I went to it...It was fun and nice...best person ever and sweetest is ERIN BUESCHER...VERY VERY FRIENDLY...and BEAUTIFUL....her whole family was also..I have pictures but just dont have them developed yet...

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
GiulianaTichafan said:
I went to it...It was fun and nice...best person ever and sweetest is ERIN BUESCHER...VERY VERY FRIENDLY...and BEAUTIFUL....her whole family was also..I have pictures but just dont have them developed yet...
Good news. I'm willing to wait for pictures. Thanks!

Yes, it was pretty awesome. I had a lot of fun. Got 2 meet up with my friends from Elk Grove, and hang out with monarchs. I have pics too but are being developed I will get them 2nite. I think the highlight of my day was when dwalk was talking 2 a group of people n I was standing about 15-20 feet away with 5 of my friends and all of a sudden out of no where someone yells out, "Talisa!!" I turned around and it was DeMya. I was like whoa that's crazy my fav player jus called me out of a crowd 2 go talk 2 her. So haha yea that was cool, I got 2 chill with her for a lil bit. It was also cool that all the Monarchs were 'feelin my shirt' like Powell said haha incase u didn't see it, it was an airbrushed shirt that read, Dwalks #1 fan on the front, and on the back said, Walker with a basketball smiley face goin through a hoop and under that sais #22. Yea so that's my experience umm 2 bad I'm not a STH, because I hear they sing karaoke n stuff @ the sth party or whateva its called. Me n DWalk would be killin it! Haha

Your shirt was very cool DWalk!!

I do remember the karaoke from last year's event, I wanna say I saw Tangela, Ticha and DeMya in the Charlie's Angels pose in the middle their singing Destiny's Child's "Independent Women" :) That was claassssssssssssssic.

Last edited:
Wow! You guys are fortunate that the Monarchs hold events like this. The Storm used to (as a way to kick off the new season) but haven't since 2003. Every event has been STH only.