Mavericks or Spurs?

Mavericks or Spurs?

• Total voters
Yes, this should be an easy choice.

The Spurs beating the Mavs would just show that the Kings would have eventually lost to the Spurs in either the 7th or 8th seeds. If the Mavs beat the Spurs, then the Kings may have been able to avoid the Spurs altogether had they gotten the 7th seed. So based on the fact that I hate to regret, go Spurs.

I would like the Mavs to win because of what the spurs did to us, but I DO NOT want to see the Mavs win. yuck. lol Go Spurs !

Last edited:
kingkung said:
Yes, this should be an easy choice.

The Spurs beating the Mavs would just show that the Kings would have eventually lost to the Spurs in either the 7th or 8th seeds. If the Mavs beat the Spurs, then the Kings may have been able to avoid the Spurs altogether had they gotten the 7th seed. So based on the fact that I hate to regret, go Spurs.
Wow...what the hell?

Some people really do live in the past!

I say, let's move on and think about next season. I'm rooting for the Mavs because I don't like a lot of the players on the Spurs team. In the grand scheme of things, it really doesn't do anything for the Kings if the Spurs win the championship. In the end, I'm rooting for the Eastern Conference. If it can't be us, I don't want it to be anyone!

VF21 said:
Nice win.

If the Mavs were going to steal a cheap one, I expected it to be today.

Stackhouse stepping back and deciding to try for the glory instead of the tie was just dumb. You have a Spurs team that has just come off a hard-fought round 1 with very little rest between game 6 and round 2 game one. Why you wouldn't go for the tie and take them to overtime where fatigue would clearly be an issue is beyond me. But, considering it was Stackhouse, I actually do know the answer...
And the fact that Stackhouse doesn't even have the clutch cred, makes me even more thankful for him taking that ill advised shot :D

SpursIndonesia said:
And the fact that Stackhouse doesn't even have the clutch cred, makes me even more thankful for him taking that ill advised shot :D
Stack's pretty clutch. He hit a gamewinner earlier in the year against Boston on the road. I think it was a combination of a busted play along with good D by Ginobili.

What I want to know is why not call a timeout? or why did he HAVE to shoot a 3?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
He stepped back to shot the three because he was thinking "GLORY! CLUTCH! STACKHOUSE!" . . . and not necessarily in that order.

i never thought i'd be saying this as emphatically as i am but

GO SPURS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just VF21 said, no way will i ever support anything marc cuban is involved with. i also hate the mavs, so there you go. easy choice

the mavs had a chance to win in SA today and blew it. stack is NOT going to be shooting like that the rest of the series. duncan will murder damp in the post.

I remember how obnoxious some of the Dallas fans were when the Kings were playing the Mavericks in Dallas during one of the playoffs years ago. There was a particularly obnoxious fat guy that was jumping up and down and yelling at a nearby Kings player. I thought this guy was going to stroke-out. We had a few of those Dallas people logging on KingsFanns.com. Go Spurs!

mavsman said:
Stack's pretty clutch. He hit a gamewinner earlier in the year against Boston on the road. I think it was a combination of a busted play along with good D by Ginobili.

What I want to know is why not call a timeout? or why did he HAVE to shoot a 3?
Stackhouse's a clutch performer ? I think i'm gonna trust Detroit fans opinion regarding this issue -and there are A LOT of them in the Spurs board, fact that he played for such a long time there compared as a Mav :cool:

i'm going with the Spurs because:

a) Dont care for Mark Cuban

b) In Texas, Dallas is like LA and San Anton is like Sacramento, except SA has all the trophies lol :)

VF21 said:
He stepped back to shot the three because he was thinking "GLORY! CLUTCH! STACKHOUSE!" . . . and not necessarily in that order.
That was ridiculous. He had an open lane to the hoop and Dampier was pretty much clearing the path even more for him and instead he runs backwards RIGHT TOWARD THE DEFENDER :confused:

I'm glad the Spurs won and it's little plays like this that can lose a series. You just don't see the Spurs making these kinds of mistakes.

W

West_Gunslinger16

You know what guys? I would rather see Spurs winning that championship trophy than Mavericks. Why? So Dallas would still be in the 'Basket Of Teams With Good Players But Just Can't Win A Championship'. Spurs? They deserve it. But I would really want Detroit to have it. And I'm tired of Texas having all the fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ryle said:
That was ridiculous. He had an open lane to the hoop and Dampier was pretty much clearing the path even more for him and instead he runs backwards RIGHT TOWARD THE DEFENDER :confused:

I'm glad the Spurs won and it's little plays like this that can lose a series. You just don't see the Spurs making these kinds of mistakes.
Nobody's perfect, not even the Spurs. Remember Game 2 Duncan's inbound pass to Tony Parker who then walked out of the court thinking that he should be the inbound passer ? ;)

I believe the Spurs will win honestly. The Spurs may "look old and tired", but that is just their persona. You best believe they are not and they are an incredible force. They just seem to get it done, regardless.

kingkung said:
The guy is somewhat similar to the Maloofs... he's more of an ***, yes, but his enthusiasm and energy parallel the Maloofs' energy towards the Kings...
More like the Maloofs on Meth

(Disclaimer: and I am making no claim to that whatsoever)