Magic

Anyone on here into magic (either watching magic shows, following magicians, learning about magic, or even performing magic)? Recently, I've become more and more interested in this, and have been watching a lot more of "Penn & Teller: Fool Us", and have been very intrigued.

I might, at some point, dive into the art of magic and learn a few things....I mean tricks.

Bonus points for those who can provide some valuable resources to help me along the way...

dude12

Hall of Famer
Only time I see any magicians now is on America’s Got Talent. Probably can google magicians from the show but the best I’ve seen was Shin Lim who won a few years back.

I don’t actively seek it out, but always enjoy it when our paths cross. I’m particularly interested in the underlying cognitive quirks that make so much of it possible. There’s a delightful book, Sleights of Mind, that explores this aspect…75% magic mechanics & history, 25% digestible layman’s neuroscience…highly recommended.

I don’t actively seek it out, but always enjoy it when our paths cross. I’m particularly interested in the underlying cognitive quirks that make so much of it possible. There’s a delightful book, Sleights of Mind, that explores this aspect…75% magic mechanics & history, 25% digestible layman’s neuroscience…highly recommended.
Is this the book that you are referencing?

1659558013484.png

LMAO why’d I think this thread was gonna be about the team in Orlando or the former player in LA named Earvin…
I navigate in from ‘new posts’ which doesn’t loudly display the parent section, so I also came in expecting Orlando/Earvin…but it was a nice surprise.
I clicked it thinking Magic the Gathering (even though I don’t play, collect, or know anything at all beyond the name!)
I first read the title and immediately thought of Magic the gathering card game
Penn & Teller would both be impressed. Because, if I understand all four of you correctly, @Reverend , @Sluggah , @SLAB , and @kingsboi

I believe that I may just have.....

*cough* *cough*

FOOLED YOU!!!!

:p:p:p:p

1659584994766.png