Looking for ideas for an elementary school event

I hate so much to speak of work on here, but I am scratching my head and need some help.

I work at an elementary school district (Pre-School through eighth grade) and we have received special funds to do some kind of positive, big, fun event.

We initially wanted to take a field trip to Sacramento (about an hour away), but transportation for 2,000+ kids at once is nearing impossible even with an unlimited budget (which I do not have).

So here is the question: Do you know of any companies/people/ideas we could bring into town to put on an incredible day for kids? Just fishing for ideas and maybe some of you that live closer to Sacramento might have an idea of what is cool with kids in the area right now.

Thanks!

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
I hate so much to speak of work on here, but I am scratching my head and need some help.

I work at an elementary school district (Pre-School through eighth grade) and we have received special funds to do some kind of positive, big, fun event.

We initially wanted to take a field trip to Sacramento (about an hour away), but transportation for 2,000+ kids at once is nearing impossible even with an unlimited budget (which I do not have).

So here is the question: Do you know of any companies/people/ideas we could bring into town to put on an incredible day for kids? Just fishing for ideas and maybe some of you that live closer to Sacramento might have an idea of what is cool with kids in the area right now.

Thanks!
I do not (according to my son, anyways) but what area are you in? That might make a difference on what is recommended....and what might be available.

Food trucks? Local bands that might be able to come and play? Video game trucks? I don't know if any of these are desirable or possible, but just a couple of thoughts off the top of my head. My wife is a kindergarten teacher so maybe she will have some ideas....

I do not (according to my son, anyways) but what area are you in? That might make a difference on what is recommended....and what might be available.

Food trucks? Local bands that might be able to come and play? Video game trucks? I don't know if any of these are desirable or possible, but just a couple of thoughts off the top of my head. My wife is a kindergarten teacher so maybe she will have some ideas....
We are in Butte County (about an hour north of Sac). We have been looking at the game trucks and foam parties, thanks for the tip!